CallieVane

Favorite part of the holidays?

8 posts in this topic

Happy holidays everyone! I was just wondering what everyone’s favorite things about this time of year are. Assuming covid never happened, what would you have been looking forward to the most for the holidays? :) 

Walking the grounds of the Broadmoor Hotel, hoping it's a white Christmas.  It's become a tradition with my family to visit whatever massive gingerbread creation they come up.  I also love the decorations and such.

Spending time with my dad/kids/grandkids and in-laws. Everyone is busy with life the rest of the year and there is never time to just sit and visit. Of course, watching the grand kids rip the wrapping paper off and open presents is always so much fun in person. Unfortunately, not this year. We will be doing Zoom, so there will be some interaction. There will be several different households connected, so it will be interesting. We'll make the best of it!

And thanks for asking Callie :)

I would say the Christmas parties. It is nice to see people relaxed and getting away from the real world if for even an hour.

Normally. I'd be gathering with my sisters, brothers, nieces, and nephews. We'd have a big pot luck feast, and share news of the past year. 

I really miss it! :)

On 12/25/2020 at 8:39 AM, pfunk said:

Normally. I'd be gathering with my sisters, brothers, nieces, and nephews. We'd have a big pot luck feast, and share news of the past year. 

I really miss it! :)

Though I don't have family in Denver, I have a "family of choice" and I miss them a bunch.  We usually have pot lucks at a few places and enjoy ourselves.  This year is different.  No gatherings and only seeing people via Zoom.  Being with my friends is the highlight of my holidays (and, really, every day).  We are all adjusting the best we can and hoping for a better 2021.  Pfunk, wishing you the best during this holiday season.

On 12/23/2020 at 9:37 PM, CallieVane said:

Happy holidays everyone! I was just wondering what everyone’s favorite things about this time of year are. Assuming covid never happened, what would you have been looking forward to the most for the holidays? :) 

Callie, the best presents of the holiday are good times with the people I care about.  The material stuff is nice, but nothing takes the place of being with the important people in our lives.  As always, wishing you the best and the hope for a better 2021.  You ROCK !!  ;)