Rose Mastos

Travel during uncertain times

14 posts in this topic

I've canceled vacations to Florida, Oregon and California this year due to the COVID-19. Instead, I've spent a lot of day trips around the Rocky Mountains here in Colorado. I've seen parts of my home area (within 50 miles) that I never knew existed. I've fallen in love with Colorado all over again.
Have you canceled bigger vacations like me and rediscovered your home area?

I was able to make it to Portland Ore for my birthday in Feb. I always travel to several cities throughout the year. I'm fortunate I get 7 weeks of vacation annually. Well this year the brakes are being put on due to Covid. My big trip in August was to Northern Ireland and Scotland. Totally bummed that I'm not going to make it!

So I may travel local. And like you I may be discovering places in our own backyard. I've traveled to and through many places in our state. But maybe I need to really get creative, research, and find those areas that are utr so to speak......

I was hoping to take my first non-European sex vacation this year. Well, there's always next year. 

I've been out of the country - getting out is no problem, but getting back in is a little work.

I need to go to NYC, but will have to wait until the city opens up more.  I so my NY.

23 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

I need to go to NYC, but will have to wait until the city opens up more.  I so  ❤️ my NY.

#Ifixditforyou

9 minutes ago, Kaduk said:

#Ifixditforyou

Thanks 😘  you would think proof reading would be required.... 

Advanced issue found

On 6/7/2020 at 2:01 AM, parkercole said:

I was able to make it to Portland Ore for my birthday in Feb. 

I grew up outside Portland. It's a nice place to visit. They've got a great strip club there. ;-) 

36 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

I need to go to NYC, but will have to wait until the city opens up more.  I so my NY.

I've never been to NYC. It's one of the few east coast cities I've never spent time in. Layovers at JFK don't count. ;-) 

17 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

Thanks 😘  you would think proof reading would be required.... 

49 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

I need to go to NYC, but will have to wait until the city opens up more.  I so ❤️  my NY.

Speaking of travel:: bikes are the new toilet paper as they are both flying off the shelves

On 6/8/2020 at 10:08 AM, Rose Mastos said:

I grew up outside Portland. It's a nice place to visit. They've got a great strip club there. ;-) 

I love Stumptown!! Strip clubs are not my thing, but it is the Portland thing. Per capita it has the most of any city, and by a large number. Had a gal take me to Marys' downtown. Also been to a couple of meet and greets hosted at strip clubs. Drove by one that was the size of a coffee shop. Can't escape them there as they are everywhere! 

finally getting back in the swing of things for work travel....limited so far...July looks like full swing again...cannot wait...

CA, CO, OR, WA, and Vegas - here i 'come'