Turtle138

What's happening in DTC

9 posts in this topic

Oh hell Turtle, lots of mover and shakers in DTC! Business as usual Monday through Friday in those bigger towers that line the DTC skyline. Plenty of great restaurants and bars in Denver Tech! And come on Turtle, open up the Listings in the DTC section of TOB. Have you not noticed all those sexy women??? Lots of exciting things going on. You just gotta get out of that damn shell of yours...…..

Just be sure to be back to your room by 11:00 p.m., when they roll up the streets.

3 hours ago, Turtle138 said:

Let me know if you know of anything exciting going on in DTC.

😂😂😂

Nothing exciting happens in DTC. You should stay away from there at all costs. Lol

I recall exciting things happening in DTC indoors, or as some here say, BCD. But DTC offers little of interest outside of business hours (excepting the ladies). As one who has always lived north of the Boulder Turnpike, I used to wonder why so many of the ladies pitch their tent way down there.

In the mid to late 1970s, DTC was a joke. Nothing there but a big diner and movie house. 225 S was the highway to nowhere, and the 'traffic' was non-existent.

Over the last 25 years I've seen many a corporate center move from central Denver to DTC. But I've also seen corporate centers move from DTC to points east, like Texas, KC and Ohio.

I appreciate the new downtown renaissance that's been populating the Platte basin and RINO area, but already it's become too expensive for the majority to enjoy. It reminds me of my years in the SF Bay Area where young people spent over half their income on housing, or commuted many miles to their Silicon Valley jobs. Housing in the Denver Metro used to be cheap--that's one factor that attracted me here so many years ago.

I wonder if the epicenter of the hobby will migrate away from DTC due to cost?

8 hours ago, Old_Timer said:

I wonder if the epicenter of the hobby will migrate away from DTC due to cost?

Hotels are no more expensive than any other Denver area. Clients are very plentiful during the day. You can even find apartments (for incall) at reasonable prices.

Until that changes...why move? Where would you find more clients, and cheaper rent? :confused:

5 minutes ago, pfunk said:

Hotels are no more expensive than any other Denver area. Clients are very plentiful during the day. You can even find apartments (for incall) at reasonable prices.

Until that changes...why move? Where would you find more clients, and cheaper rent? :confused:

Yeah hotels are usually cheaper in DTC especially compared to up north like westy