gnarley_boy12

Kid chores

36 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2019 at 4:28 PM, Raine-7379 said:

I had to vacuum the floors every damn day.  WTF no one vacuumes them everyday now.

Right?!

Sister and I had to do the kitchen every night. Started with putting away the leftovers, wiping out the fridge, washing dishes by hand including drying and putting away, cleaning countertops stove top and backsplash, cleaning out the microwave even if it hadn't been used, sweeping and mopping hard floors and vacuuming rugs. Mopping and vacuuming every night, seriously? LoL at my mom, because I still think it's overboard.

Milk the cows.

Cut, rake bale hay.

Plant, Cut and hang tobacco.

I always hated cleaning days around the house.  My mother would be in a rampage (and I didn't mean major rampage) all day.

mucking stalls in the dark in winter before getting on the bus to go to school...

7 hours ago, hornyoldtoad said:

mucking stalls in the dark in winter before getting on the bus to go to school...

For me, it was in the evening after dinner.  Sometimes it was okay, but below 20 degrees, it was quite cold, even in the barn.

21 hours ago, tide32 said:

Milk the cows.

Cut, rake bale hay.

Plant, Cut and hang tobacco.

This brought back some good memories.

I would help my friend  milk sometimes, so we could go out earlier on the weekends.

I would work with my dad getting the hay put up. Honestly,  the mold would about kill me.

Never did tobacco, but I see it grown about 45min North of KC, in  Weston, MO. Weston has the biggest tobacco auction house West of the Mississippi. Also a one of a kind Pub and Brewery  "O'Malleys". It is 3 stories underground  in the old brewery's 1842 celler.