Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cedylc

The Great American Pastime, and the other one, too.

21 posts in this topic

Tonight begins the final series of the Colorado Rockies’ season, versus the Milwaukee Brewers at Coors Field. Last year, I attended a game there when the Rockies defeated the Dodgers, a team that I detest. The Dodgers brought out a closer, the first man I ever saw in person who threw 100 mph fastballs. The Rockies lit him up like a Christmas tree and won the game in the 10th.

How I’d love to be at Coors Field tonight, with a delightful lady on my arm, to watch my Brew Crew play Colorado. But instead, I languish a thousand miles away, thinking like a Cubs fan, wait until next year!

My point, you ask? I have a question. Do any of the ladies on the board truly enjoy being taken out to the ball game?

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:46 AM, AlexisSweet69 said:

I LOVE Baseball and going to Angels games here in Cali!

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 5:51 AM, cedylc said:

Tonight begins the final series of the Colorado Rockies’ season, versus the Milwaukee Brewers at Coors Field. Last year, I attended a game there when the Rockies defeated the Dodgers, a team that I detest. The Dodgers brought out a closer, the first man I ever saw in person who threw 100 mph fastballs. The Rockies lit him up like a Christmas tree and won the game in the 10th.

How I’d love to be at Coors Field tonight, with a delightful lady on my arm, to watch my Brew Crew play Colorado. But instead, I languish a thousand miles away, thinking like a Cubs fan, wait until next year!

My point, you ask? I have a question. Do any of the ladies on the board truly enjoy being taken out to the ball game?

Took a lady to a Rockies game this season, if was her first time going to a Rockies game. It was when the Yankees came to town. We had a real good time.

On 10/8/2016 at 2:41 PM, geecue2 said:

Took a lady to a Rockies game this season, if was her first time going to a Rockies game. It was when the Yankees came to town. We had a real good time.

That sure does sound like a great time. I hope the Rockies won. I loathe the Yankees.

Yes they did win, the funny thing was when they hit a rockies batter and I told her watch the Rockies pitcher will hit the Yankees first batter. Of course they did.

On 9/30/2016 at 6:51 AM, cedylc said:

This year is next year! Go CUBBIES! 2-0 against the Giants! I love a good pitcher and was lucky enough to see (years ago) Kerry Wood throw his 1k K in Wrigley Field.

Too bad this is too little too late but yes there are many ladies that enjoy a good ball game. Playoffs are even better! :D

Good call, Geecue, and one that I bet impressed your lady friend.

I wondered when a Cubs fan would chime in and I should have known it would be you, Lucy.

Those of us who follow the Central Division share a common foe, the fiendish St. Louis Cardinals. The dastardly Redbirds have been the Brewers' nemesis throughout the team's existence. The Cubs I don't mind so much. I've seen them lose three times to the Brew Crew, always at Miller Park, and enjoyed the recent seasons when the Cubs and Brewers raced each other to the cellar.

By no means am I a Cubs fan. But tonight, I want to see them complete their sweep of the Giants, a team that I despise, and I wish we all could be there.

Maybe this will be the year. 

Baseball is the only sport that matters! Well in my opinion anyway.  I love going to games! I used to go with a good friend and client, but sadly he suddenly passed away. I haven't been to a game since. I would totally go to a game. So fun!

15 hours ago, cedylc said:

Good call, Geecue, and one that I bet impressed your lady friend.

I wondered when a Cubs fan would chime in and I should have known it would be you, Lucy.

Those of us who follow the Central Division share a common foe, the fiendish St. Louis Cardinals. The dastardly Redbirds have been the Brewers' nemesis throughout the team's existence. The Cubs I don't mind so much. I've seen them lose three times to the Brew Crew, always at Miller Park, and enjoyed the recent seasons when the Cubs and Brewers raced each other to the cellar.

By no means am I a Cubs fan. But tonight, I want to see them complete their sweep of the Giants, a team that I despise, and I wish we all could be there.

Maybe this will be the year. 

I can't believe the Cubs lost! I turned it off in the 7th it was getting too late and I had foolish confidence. Boo to both the Brewers and the Cardinals! But we can still be friends :P .

In this time of need everyone needs to be a Cubs fan! We need to get this done in four games! Harry Caray is watching from the field of dreams and judging you for not rooting for the Cubs!

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I can't believe the Cubs lost! I turned it off in the 7th it was getting too late and I had foolish confidence. Boo to both the Brewers and the Cardinals! But we can still be friends :P .

In this time of need everyone needs to be a Cubs fan! We need to get this done in four games! Harry Caray is watching from the field of dreams and judging you for not rooting for the Cubs!

The Cubs are long past due for a solid winning year. I'm with Lucy on this one. 

12 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Baseball is the only sport that matters! Well in my opinion anyway.  I love going to games! I used to go with a good friend and client, but sadly he suddenly passed away. I haven't been to a game since. I would totally go to a game. So fun!

That is a good thing to know.

First, I visited the Field of Dreams (near Dyersville, Iowa) once and I didn't see the spirit of Harry Caray there. 

Next, I'll agree to back the Cubs during this series if Lucy will quit threatening me with Harry's ghost. After that, we'll see. 

I would like to make one point. Harry Caray broadcast for the Cardinals (he was a St. Louis native) several years longer than he worked for the Cubs. He might never have called a Cubs game had he not (rumor alert) fooled around with Susan Busch, August III's wife, and gotten fired from the Cardinals job.

So: Go Cubbies! Beat the San Francisco Baseball Giants like a gong! Tonight's the night! This is the year!

Satisfied?

Ok I too will root for the Cubs, but if they make it to the series, will have to root for the Blue Jays, already let some sexy providers know from Canada I would root for them. At least they have Tulo on their team. How can you not root for them, they all joke about Go BJs lol. Still remember the 2007 Rockies, went to every home playoff game then like almost everyone else could not even get a sniff of World Series tickets.

Edited by geecue2

I can't stand the Giants! So, for me it's the Cubs all the way. Hate the the redox just as much, so much so when they play the Yankees,  it's the only time I root for NY. Ah, for the love of the game.

Oh ya, I love doing any live sporting event!!! Drinking beer is fun too! 

7 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I can't believe the Cubs lost! I turned it off in the 7th it was getting too late and I had foolish confidence...

The Giants may have won the game, but it took them 13 innings.

I too, turned it off in the 7th.

Signature

54 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Oh ya, I love doing any live sporting event!!! Drinking beer is fun too! 

You're right about drinking beer, Audrey. That's why I'm a fan of the Brewers!

4 hours ago, geecue2 said:

Ok I too will root for the Cubs, but if they make it to the series, will have to root for the Blue Jays, already let some sexy providers know from Canada I would root for them. At least they have Tulo on their team. How can you not root for them, they all joke about Go BJs lol. Still remember the 2007 Rockies, went to every home playoff game then like almost everyone else could not even get a sniff of World Series tickets.

I have to go with geecue on Toronto. I spent a few weeks in Canada last year and everybody there was nicer to me than anybody ever was in Chicago. Besides, the Blue Jays came out of nowhere and swept the Rangers, a team that I abhor. That was incredibly cool.

The Dodgers currently lead Washington. If LA wins that series, I'm backing the Cubs through the NLCS for sure.  

On 10/11/2016 at 4:43 PM, cedylc said:

You're right about drinking beer, Audrey. That's why I'm a fan of the Brewers!

I have to go with geecue on Toronto. I spent a few weeks in Canada last year and everybody there was nicer to me than anybody ever was in Chicago. Besides, the Blue Jays came out of nowhere and swept the Rangers, a team that I abhor. That was incredibly cool.

The Dodgers currently lead Washington. If LA wins that series, I'm backing the Cubs through the NLCS for sure.  

BOOOO to you guys!

That Cubs vs Indians World Series is so close I can almost smell it. Blue Jays are 0-2 currently, see what happens when you root against the Cubs and Lucy??

How about that Cubs grand slam to secure the win tonight??? WOOOOHOOOO!

Wow! Pinch hit two-out grand slam gopherball in the 8th!

This is the year! Go Cubbies! (Unless the Blue Jays win the ALCS . . . and that's not looking very good.)

I might root against the Cubs some times . . . but never against Lucy.

Baseball - it's not just a game.  It's a religion.  And the World Series starts Tuesday.  The best week (or so) of the year!  I'll take the Indians.

Edited by Paul Pudenda