Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kali Sensual Reiki

Lakewood?

17 posts in this topic

What is the fear of Lakewood all about? I counted 12 comments about Lakewood being sketchy? So what is the story?!

I would like the story also. Over the years I have visited Lakewood a number of times both at a couple of well reviewed lady's incall and an outcall to a hotel or two.

1 hour ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

What is the fear of Lakewood all about? I counted 12 comments about Lakewood being sketchy? So what is the story?!

The city has a reputation for aggressive enforcement of prostitution laws. 

I've never had trouble and have been a provider since 2002 on and off. :) 

2 hours ago, Buddy Glass said:

The city has a reputation for aggressive enforcement of prostitution laws. 

That's all I've ever heard over the years. I've never experienced it firsthand though. Is it a myth?

I'm too lazy to go back and find the posts. But I read many of them long ago when I was curious about this topic too. Most of the busts, IIRC, occurred at AMPs in the area. (Part of the whole "justifying/spending the anti-trafficking budget" thing by the cops.) Anyway, "avoid Lakewood" has almost become a meme around here, if not an urban legend.

Like wglide, I too have seen many providers there. Never had a problem.

26 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

That's all I've ever heard over the years. I've never experienced it firsthand though. Is it a myth?

It's hard to find links from back when they stepped up enforcement, but here's one from the early days of it. 2008- 12 arrests for the year, nearly double that in the first 3 months of 2009. That's just providers & pimps.

37 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

BAM!!!! in your face Lakewood!!! 

I guess we'll find out?

Hopefully not though!

HA!

3 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

I guess we'll find out?

Hopefully not though!

HA!

Laughing thank you Sparkey600! You see me out and about chances are you will never recognize me. I am always unasumming. Quiet one in the crowd looking the other way. For the most part there are more car trafficking tickets being handed out in Lakewood. Not too much is going on here.. Also, very few trees/woods and not sure where the "Lake" is?!

Maybe we should report this Lakewood rumor to Snopes and have them do an independent investigation. :) 

13 hours ago, Gentlejeff1 said:

Maybe we should report this Lakewood rumor to Snopes and have them do an independent investigation. :) 

Maybe, we should just note that  crossing the road to get to the other side is also not so safe! I think in all fairness, using your head and just knowing a few safety measures to take in consideration. That everyone should be fine.  Lakewood, is just as safe as Aurora, Westminster, Wheat Ridge, Littleton, you name it. Now don't go and buy a shirt that say's I love being a Hobbyist and visiting  Providers. Hmmm, now maybe that might be a way to confuse the LE even more?! Hahahaha! It's just high time to lighten up and have a good day!  I had a no call no show this morning and life is still good for me! Hope you all have a wonderful day too! Now I need to go and get ready for my other job. Yes, I work in a office too Monday through Friday...Life is good! Great Mantra for a Monday! 

37 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

...Lakewood, is just as safe as Aurora, Westminster, Wheat Ridge, Littleton, you name it...I had a no call no show this morning and life is still good for me! ...

Pretty nice site here where you can compare demographics from one Colorado city to another.  If you notice, Lakewood has a higher median age than most other areas.  I don't have any hard evidence, but do know that with an older demographic, I think it's easier for their LE to monitor more easily the lower hanging fruit (ie prostitution stings, misdemeanor crimes etc) than cities that are younger in age.  Lakewood has had a rep in the past for stings more frequently than other metro cities.  That's why the stay away from Lakewood mantra came from.

Now, there were some pretty well known ladies that in-called in Lakewood and (I don't believe) ever had any issues.  I would think you fall into this category. 

Smile face at you BBB. I feel comfortable here. I know where most everything is. Take me out.of Lakewood you get me lost. So here is where I am and will stay. :D I trust your views and just was really wondering what the deal with Lakewood was all about? So thank you. Going to pull.up your map now also.

5 hours ago, BigBaldBlk said:

Pretty nice site here where you can compare demographics from one Colorado city to another.  If you notice, Lakewood has a higher median age than most other areas.  I don't have any hard evidence, but do know that with an older demographic, I think it's easier for their LE to monitor more easily the lower hanging fruit (ie prostitution stings, misdemeanor crimes etc) than cities that are younger in age.  Lakewood has had a rep in the past for stings more frequently than other metro cities.  That's why the stay away from Lakewood mantra came from.

Now, there were some pretty well known ladies that in-called in Lakewood and (I don't believe) ever had any issues.  I would think you fall into this category. 

Yup nuttin but a bunch of us ol peeps here in Lakewierd. I have noooo problems here. Between hosting, and learning of 3 nice friends that I can literally walk to in my area, I'm savin a load in gas LOL. One of my neighbors waved at me today, time to move on.

So, I was up in Denver today on business and was supposed to meet with a client tonight in Westminster but at 5:30 they cancelled. So, I says to myself, "Self, what shall we do?" 

And little Spanky jumps up and says, " Let's go see a lady!"

And I think, 'the little guy is right.' So I text a lady I've been wanting to see for a long time and she responded to my text in like ten seconds. I'm thinking this is sweet (how many times were you in the mood and nobody responded to your calls and texts?). So we schedule it and she sends me the address. I look at my phone and there's the dreaded word, LAKEWOOD and the alarms start going off. Oh no! There's cops crawling around all over that town. They hide in the bushes and peek into bushes and bust anybody who is having sex with cash sitting on the dresser.

But, then Spanky (the voice of reason) chimes in and says. "Dude, remember when you were 14 back in the 60's and you walked through Central Park in NYC at midnight and lived to tell about it? And remember the time when you were 11 and you had to wait in the Harlem train station at 10 PM for 30 minutes to catch a train and you thought you'd get mugged or murdered or worse? You're a rebel dude and you always choose the risky option, so get your ass to Lakewood and heck with the cops." 

So, damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead! I followed Spanky's advice and I am glad I did. And all I can say is, alls quiet on the Lakewood front. So much for the bad reputation. I think the cops put that out there so they can have the ladies there all to themselves (do I smell a conspiracy?)  

:DLakewood! Now where are the woods and lake? Too many conspiracies about the Lakewood! Not enough...,:P:P