Buddy Glass

Newbie 101

15 posts in this topic

Excellent! Thank you for this, I'm sure I will refer newbies to this in the future.

One suggestion....

*Read her ad/profile for her preferred method of contact. ;-)

Edited by Cecilia

Good guide. Should keep this link for new folks. 

I am being inundated with newbies this week, and have shared this link a dozen times so far. Ugh.

Thanks for the playbook!

1 hour ago, Cecilia said:

I am being inundated with newbies this week, and have shared this link a dozen times so far. Ugh.

Thanks for the playbook!

Those Noobs are getting a great intro to the hobby if you're their guide!

I hope they're showing you mucho appreciation for being their intro.

7 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

Those Noobs are getting a great intro to the hobby if you're their guide!

I hope they're showing you mucho appreciation for being their intro.

Aww shucks, I just love the way you stroke my ego. Now come over and let me return the favor!

Very good advise, well written. I wish it  was available when I started.

I'm glad it's been useful. Hope it makes the plunge easier for the new people out there. 

This is indeed helpful, thank you for sharing  -

I have a nooberiffic question and it would seem this is the appropriate place for it. Thus far I have only made appointments with providers who clearly advertise the donation expectation. It's nice to have rates well-defined and of course aids in the selection process and overall preparedness. A sensitive topic no doubt, I've been reluctant to contact any provider so far who does not define the donation request, and prefer to check out the P411 or website (for a variety of obvious reasons), but this also leads to many missed opportunities.

So.. in the instance this information is not provided in the TOB Ad / BP post, etc.. what's the appropriate approach? I would think the simple answer would be to just inquire by phone, but couldn't that lead to a faux pas?  Thanks in advance.

IMHO, if she is unwilling to post rates (for time) AND unwilling to discuss them - PASS!

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

IMHO, if she is unwilling to post rates (for time) AND unwilling to discuss them - PASS!

I totally agree!  ^^^^ (what are we supposed to do, guess?)

For DrSinker,  I suggest calling and asking - "what is your usual donation for 30 minutes, or 1 hour?"      If that upsets her, move on. 

Edited by pfunk

Makes sense, thank you gents. I figured it was probably as obvious as that, but nonetheless can't help but think perhaps I was missing something key here. Appreciate the input!

20 minutes ago, DRSinker said:

Makes sense, thank you gents. I figured it was probably as obvious as that, but nonetheless can't help but think perhaps I was missing something key here. Appreciate the input!

If its for an unknown provider, you have done your research & feel comfortable with going through with the session, about all you can ask is;

1. How much for the hour
  2. Are your pictures accurate
  3. Will you stay for the entire hour 

There was a post from awhile back where the member stated when an Advertised rate was not shown & not wanted to be given out. That member would show up with 250 in his pocket the provider never questioned the amount with the session going nicely.....

8 hours ago, DRSinker said:

It's not that you can never, ever ask, but it's pretty situational, and not something I'd recommend to a newbie. When you've become comfortable enough with doing your research to make sure she's legit, and she doesn't have any rates posted, well, it's the only way you'll find out. But brand new people can walk into a whole world of problems doing that without putting in the research ahead of time.