Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How old are you anyways?

48 posts in this topic

Ugh!!! Let me start by saying I know I'm not old, but I know I'm getting OLDER. I was on facebook, and these damn kids were talking about their favorite "classic" music. Anyone who has seen me knows I play 80s and 90s  grunge all the time.  Here these damn kids were talking about classics from Metallica, Green Day, or classic films like "16 candles", and "The labyrinth," I could die!!!

What was something in your 30s or 40s  that was your first, "I'm getting older moment?"images.jpg 

I never really felt old until we elected a president younger than me.

Labyrinth turns 30 this year, Siamese Dream is 23, Kurt Cobain died 22 years ago, River Phoenix 23 years, Green Day's Dookie is 22. I am only 34 but I feel ancient. Definitely a product of the late 80s early 90s. Everything makes me feel old these days. I am going to see The Cure this summer I am curious as to what the crowd will look like.

Lucy please tell me it is here in Denver! !! I remember going to a Goth nightclub and The Cure played. I was in heaven  and my wardrobe fit in just perfect.  In my younger years I wore vinyl or black dresses. Chockers,  you name it. I miss those days. Let me sound old but dammit we did play until the sun came up, we rode bikes everywhere. We walked home from school!!! Ugh. The better days. 

Lucy please tell me it is here in Denver! !! I remember going to a Goth nightclub and The Cure played. I was in heaven  and my wardrobe fit in just perfect.  In my younger years I wore vinyl or black dresses. Chockers,  you name it. I miss those days. Let me sound old but dammit we did play until the sun came up, we rode bikes everywhere. We walked home from school!!! Ugh. The better days. 

They're playing Fiddler's Green which makes it even more nostalgic. I got grass seats even.  I am already shopping around for a baby-doll dress and combat boots.

Labyrinth turns 30 this year, Siamese Dream is 23, Kurt Cobain died 22 years ago, River Phoenix 23 years, Green Day's Dookie is 22. I am only 34 but I feel ancient. Definitely a product of the late 80s early 90s. Everything makes me feel old these days. I am going to see The Cure this summer I am curious as to what the crowd will look like.

I was 34 once... apparently around the time Cobain took his life.  I hope The Cure fixes what ails you Lucy!  

My music playlist stops pretty much at any band that formed before the 80's.  Zeppelin, The Who, AC/DC, Nugent... That probably explains why I say "Huh?" a lot.

My old moment... Playboy centerfolds were born after I graduated High school!!!

Edited by Riggo

I was 34 once... apparently around the time Cobain took his life.  I hope The Cure fixes what ails you Lucy!  

Robert Smith is 56. So he was 34 when Kurt checked out as well. 

When I heard Ann-Margret had turned 60.  What's that?  She is in 70's now??  CRAP!!

I was 34, half a lifetime ago. 

Favorite music: Kingston Trio, Beach Boys, Herb Alpert, PPM

What was something in your 30s or 40s  that was your first, "I'm getting older moment?" 

I was not yet 21 when the Dead started charging for their concerts. I thought it was a sure sign of the apocalypse.   After that, it was a pretty good run until reading glasses @ 48.  After 50, I can say with some authority that there's little good news; just a lot of "not yet's".

Edited by Happymon
clarity

They're playing Fiddler's Green which makes it even more nostalgic. I got grass seats even.  I am already shopping around for a baby-doll dress and combat boots.

Want to go on a date?!?!?! Lol.  I am about to buy tickets! ! I have the perfect perfect dress for it!!!!! It's a pinup  style halter with music notes!!! I have only been able to wear it once. 

What was something in your 30s or 40s  that was your first, "I'm getting older moment?"

When a teenager waitress in a restaurant didn't know what a Cassette was! :(

P1050591sm.jpg

Want to go on a date?!?!?! Lol.  I am about to buy tickets! ! I have the perfect perfect dress for it!!!!! It's a pinup  style halter with music notes!!! I have only been able to wear it once. 

Now I am going to have to buy tickets so I can watch the date and I don't even have anything that needs Cured!  ;)

Plus, I don't think I have the perfect halter for it either!

When a teenager waitress in a restaurant didn't know what a Cassette was! :(

P1050591sm.jpg

I'll bet she was totally flumixed by a 8 track

Edited by Bit Banger
Damn autocorrect

If you get a grass seat we can totally do that! But one of us has to bring the black lipstick!

First new car I bought had an 8-track. 1980 Camaro Berlinetta. Both the car and stereo were crap! Still have fond memories, though. Like Aerosmith's "Toys in the Attic"! Wouldn't go back, though.

jordache jeans, kangaroo sneakers, Atari, swatch watch and Duran Duran! Oh! And feathered hair with a popped up collar! That's how old. ;)

When I got my first car 8 track hadn't been invented yet and FM radios were rare. I am younger than most of the Rolling Stones though. 

If you get a grass seat we can totally do that! But one of us has to bring the black lipstick!

I'll grab some!!!!

jordache jeans, kangaroo sneakers, Atari, swatch watch and Duran Duran! Oh! And feathered hair with a popped up collar! That's how old. ;)

Atari!!!  Feathered hair, ah Farrah!  I am going to guess that you are 29!  ;-)

When I got my first car 8 track hadn't been invented yet and FM radios were rare. I am younger than most of the Rolling Stones though. 

God is younger than most of the Rolling Stones!  That doesn't buy you much!  :)

I was 34, half a lifetime ago. 

Favorite music: Kingston Trio, Beach Boys, Herb Alpert, PPM

I know Tom Dooley and what about Betamax vs VHS?  What about Elvis?  None of us have mentioned him yet?

I picked the winner in Beta vs VHS and the loser in 8-track vs Cassette...

Edited by Riggo

Mama Cass and Michelle wailin' away.  Dedicated to the one I love.  I have all their vinyl.  Also have Mama Cass'  vinyl from when she went solo.  I was 15.  And while I love women of all shapes and sizes, Mama Cass was my first "crush."  So if you've got a little extra "heft", ladies, I notice.

Also still have my 8-track tape of Willie Nelson's "Red Headed Stranger."   My 8 track was installed in the green 60 Dodge Dart I drove to college.  The car and tape player are long dead, but I still have that tape.

I know Tom Dooley and what about Betamax vs VHS?  What about Elvis?  None of us have mentioned him yet?

Oh yeah?  Explain difference between 78 and 33-1/3 :cool:

Oh yeah?  Explain difference between 78 and 33-1/3 :cool:

78 RPM vs 33 1/3 RPM?  78's were much thicker, kinda like my skull. ;)

Beta was always superior, it took until 2015 for it to finally die. I cherished my Beta until the day it died with American Graffiti stuck inside.

Korn.. is 22. Great Scot!

Beta was always superior, it took until 2015 for it to finally die. I cherished my Beta until the day it died with American Graffiti stuck inside.

Superior without the support of the masses does not matter!  Plus, all of my 49er super bowl victories are on VHS!  :D

American Graffiti rules!  No matter the format.  :)