harley

Loading P411 page

17 posts in this topic

Is anyone else having trouble getting the P411 page to load this morning?  I have tried it both on my laptop using Chrome and on my iPad.  The home page loads but doesn't show the usual listing of providers.  I can also see the "Available Now" page and messages, but can't access any providers' listings.  I can search for a provider (I am trying to make an appointment for this morning) and it indicates the provider listing is found, but again I can't see the listing.  I have cleared cache, etc.  Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing the same problem.  Thanks, Harley.

You could always pick up a phone. There are plenty of ads on here this morning.

You could always pick up a phone. There are plenty of ads on here this morning.

True dat, but I'm trying to expedite the verification process. 

True dat, but I'm trying to expedite the verification process. 

So call and give your P411. Did you include your board handle on your bio? That would make it fast and easy

So call and give your P411. Did you include your board handle on your bio? That would make it fast and easy

It would be sooo much easier if you had posted an ad, Lucy :)

BAD ADVICE!

NEVER give your P411 ID except through the P411 system. 

^^^ this ^^^

I had a minor glitch today where I was trying to view someone's profile and I got a warning that my session had expired even the the ticker said I had 50 minutes left. I had to log in again and haven't had a problem since.

BAD ADVICE!

so why do we even bother to build reputations?

BAD ADVICE!

Why not use the system like it's designed?  

A.  If you send a Request through the P411 system, your P411 Client ID will be automatically sent to her. It looks something like this;
john-01-a-0000

For security reasons, we strongly recommend that you only give out your Client Id by sending a Request through the site, not over the telephone or via email.

BAD ADVICE!

I don't get it. Why is it bad to give the p411 ID outside the p411 system? What can a person do having your ID? It's useless to anybody without the password.

I don't get it. Why is it bad to give the p411 ID outside the p411 system? What can a person do having your ID? It's useless to anybody without the password.

Part of the beauty of P411 is the (relatively) secure communications. Password hacking is a favorite pastime for some. The complexity of a P411 ID is one of the better pieces of their security system. 

There have been instances of people using IDs to wreck havoc w/in the system. Ask Gina if you need further details. 

Obviously, we build good reputations, so we can diresiguard the rules on p411, and jeopardize everyones safety. :rolleyes:  

P411 is running early this morning, I have had more than my share of problems with it.

Gina and crew always seem to get it going when you tell them of your problem. I use it often.

Thanks P411 crew

Let's say that the ad your respond to is not an actual provider,  instead is LE.   You email/call the person and give them your P411 ID.   They can then take that and call/email  lady that is a P411 provider.  She then takes their word as being verified on P411 and receives a new pair of bracelets. 

When I started,  I emailed a YL a reference.   At our meeting I asked if she talked to my reference.  She said no.  If I was using XXX as a reference, she trusted XXX.     If I was LE,  I could have made up that I had seen XXX and given the new YL a pair of bracelets.