Jez UaBriain

Because it is your birthday....

42 posts in this topic

But much like any car sale (let's not pretend only the used ones get haggled over) there's already mark up built in.  Look at our topic creator for example.  Take a quick look at that P411 profile.  Her time is worth $250 an hour, unless you're part of P411, then it's only worth $225.  Obviously her time ISN'T worth $250, as she is actively advertising that it's worth less.  

No, what she's saying is that the time she saves by using P411 as part of her screening process is worth $25.

You're right though, her time isn't worth $250/hr because the time required for an appointment is more like 2-3 hours, possibly more.  Only 1 hr of which is your playtime.  The rest is spent in overhead like - advertising, screening, preparation, transport, clean up,  etc., maybe even such mundane tasks as locating & arranging an incall location.  Just as the sum total of the minerals and labor to manufacture a car does not approach the price of that car.  Other factors like engineering, transportation, advertising, etc. play a part in the final price.

If her time's not worth that to you, then look elsewhere.

We've tried explaining it to you guys.  But we can't understand it for you.  Some people really just don't understand the need for manners, protocol, and social niceties. We get it.

But can you please stop throwing a temper tantrum in a thread that many of us were enjoying before you started showing your ignorance?

Thank you.

I see you have a twitter.  Why don't you post on there "Just a friendly reminder black guys; please don't steal anything.  I know most of you are well-mannered but for those of you who aren't...."  Since that isn't a blanket statement and isn't insulting then you should have no issue being associated with it. 

If, on the other hand, you have ANY concerns that it might create a negative perception of what your beliefs are...well then things are probably a bit more broad than you are trying to present them, aren't they?

How dare you attack Lucy Kitten? Enough is enough. Breathe K, just breathe...

I see you have a twitter.  Why don't you post on there "Just a friendly reminder black guys; please don't steal anything.  I know most of you are well-mannered but for those of you who aren't...."  Since that isn't a blanket statement and isn't insulting then you should have no issue being associated with it. 

If, on the other hand, you have ANY concerns that it might create a negative perception of what your beliefs are...well then things are probably a bit more broad than you are trying to present them, aren't they?

That is a blanket statement and why on earth would I say anything like? Way to totally reveal your own intolerance though. So you think black guys steal things? Because I have NEVER said that nor do I have a " No AA" policy. If your cranky about race then I think you may be in the wrong thread. Jez clearly NEVER SAID ALL GUYS. Please do the both of us a favor and reread her original post before you come at me with some offensive bullshit like that.

Also if you're bothered to take the time please feel free to read all of my contributions to the no black guys allowed threads. I think it's insufferable and ignorant and firmly disagree. Wanting me to be racist on the internet is a far fucking cry from Jez asking (not accusing) guys to not ask about discounts.

If you feel so threatened by Jez's post and my defending of it then you must be the type that asks for discounts. You also must have some rage associated reading comprehension problems. Thanks for trying to make me sound like a racist for some weird reason. You should check that reply and really think if that's what you really wanted to say.

How dare you attack Lucy Kitten? Enough is enough. Breathe K, just breathe...

I didn't attack her.  I am simply allowing her to show that she finds nothing wrong with posting such a message given that's basically what was said to clients. If it is an attack to ask if she will post such a message, then it must be because it's offensive.  If it's not offensive, then it's not an attack.  See what I'm getting at here?  Either both sides of the relationship deserve respect, or neither side does.  

I didn't attack her.  I am simply allowing her to show that she finds nothing wrong with posting such a message given that's basically what was said to clients. If it is an attack to ask if she will post such a message, then it must be because it's offensive.  If it's not offensive, then it's not an attack.  See what I'm getting at here?  Either both sides of the relationship deserve respect, or neither side does.  

please explain to me how your hateful racist suggestion of a tweet is any way similar to Jez asking guys to not ask for discounts? Your inability to see the difference and bring some shit into it that is really not relevant shows that first of all your moral compass is whack and that basic comprehension needs some work.

Bottom line guys who do this,it makes you seem uncouth, and cheap. Thank god most of you are mannered and know how to appropriately contact a provider. 

That was the last line of Jez's post but I guess you never made it that far.

Edited by Lucy Kitten
forgot something

That is a blanket statement and why on earth would I say anything like? Way to totally reveal your own intolerance though. So you think black guys steal things? Because I have NEVER said that nor do I have a " No AA" policy. If your cranky about race then I think you may be in the wrong thread. Jez clearly NEVER SAID ALL GUYS. Please do the both of us a favor and reread her original post before you come at me with some offensive bullshit like that.

Also if you're bothered to take the time please feel free to read all of my contributions to the no black guys allowed threads. I think it's insufferable and ignorant and firmly disagree. Wanting me to be racist on the internet is a far fucking cry from Jez asking (not accusing) guys to not ask about discounts.

If you feel so threatened by Jez's post and my defending of it then you must be the type that asks for discounts. You also must have some rage associated reading comprehension problems. Thanks for trying to make me sound like a racist for some weird reason. You should check that reply and really think if that's what you really wanted to say.

I literally used the same phraseology that she did.  How did I provide a blanket statement when Jez didn't?  I made a statement to the entire community ("Just a friendly reminder to...", specified that most are good, and then restated the message back.

The point isn't about black people (but thanks for that ad hominem attack, I'll wait while you Google it), the point is that the phraseology of the statement is offensive.  You're obviously not vested in what I tried to point out to you multiple times Zoolander, so I decided to change the words a little.  Suddenly that it's something you care about it's an offensive way to phrase something?  Do you understand the point yet?  I'll assume the answer is, and always will be, no.  But that's ok, an ostrich can stick it's head in the ground and you can be oblivious to how phrasing works.

Edited by Magic_boots

I literally used the same phraseology that she did.  How did I provide a blanket statement when Jez didn't?  I made a statement to the entire community ("Just a friendly reminder to...", specified that most are good, and then restated the message back.

The point isn't about black people (but thanks for that ad hominem attack, I'll wait while you Google it), the point is that the phraseology of the statement is offensive.  You're obviously not vested in what I tried to point out to you multiple times Zoolander, so I decided to change the words a little.  Suddenly that it's something you care about it's an offensive way to phrase something?  Do you understand the point yet?  I'll assume the answer is, and always will be, no.  But that's ok, an ostrich can stick it's head in the ground and you can be oblivious to how phrasing works.

"Guys , we get this far to often,and why it does not bode well with us."

What you said was unnecessary and again you choose hate over reading comprehension. You found "just a friendly" reminder to be condescending and you stopped after that. My supposed ad hominem attack is absolutely a result of you picking something absolutely hateful and stereotypical to prove a point that still doesn't stand. A friendly reminder is not a blanket statement make. You took offense to the very first sentence and obviously didn't read the rest or are ignoring it because it doesn't help your case.

I still stay way to show your own jackassery. Choosing a totally rude and irrelevant comparison doesn't make me look like a fool it makes you look like a fool.

Edited by Lucy Kitten

It is very refreshing to see a board where providers are not afraid to express themselves, where moderators support and understand the value of this type of threads and also where majority of the gentlemen are understanding and empathizing of providers. 

It is not ok to haggle, because we are not objects, we are people. 

It is not ok to haggle because this profession isn't like any other Whether you want to understand it or not. 

If you are not able to understand that providing is a very personalized service, (among other things). Then you are probably not going with the right provider, or you have always objectify women in general.

@Mb, Why do you feel the need to attack Lucy, by quoting what she stated on her personal account? That is irrelevant to this thread. You need  to attract her to support your argument?                                                                                                                               When clients who perceive us the same way you do start to understand that we are not objects and appreciate how valuable our services are, and ALL THE RISKS WE TAKE, then maybe we won't be discriminated and perceived as less than humans., and maybe society will start seeing us in a different way.

I am glad to see the support of a lot of gentlemen here and I wish there was more of that in the hobby, perhaps this board will make a difference in our industry.  

I am glad to be part of this board! 

Thank you! 

Your arguments just get less and less comprehensible. I also notice that you started editing your previous comments AFTER someone has tried too contradict you. You're looking more and more dishonest too. 

And why did you bring racism into this? No one had mentioned it, it was never part of this debate, until you suddenly decided that Luce, myself, and others, were racists (couldn't be further from the truth) for no apparant reason. Were you drunk?

Edited by pfunk