Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Milos Vesely

Amnesty International

19 posts in this topic

My problem with Amnesty International's position is that they want to decriminalize ALL aspects of prostitution which would include trafficking, etc. (at least as reported). They may have other positions covering slavery & underage situations. There are some who claim that the German model, with their full-on brothels, is contributing to the trafficking situation. The Dutch model, focused on independents, is supposed to combat trafficking, but considering the East European accents I heard, I'm not so sure.

But it is good to see someone taking a stance against the restraint of free trade, the ability of women to make an independent living. "Transactional sex" always has and always will be around. It just takes on different names, like 'marriage'.

be real careful what you wish for Decriminalized prostitution means Regulation and we all know about regulations

slim jim

be real careful what you wish for Decriminalized prostitution means Regulation and we all know about regulations

slim jim

Not only that but would that mean specified locations in cities with brothels, nothing like crossing the parking lot of one of those if you want to be discrete. also the ladies that advertise on this board are 150,000 x better looking than most of what I see on that cathouse show on HBO. And, when I watch that show I feel like I would be going to a factory for an assembly line experience. Not to mention the price going uo 300%. I understand what AI are trying to do, but I would prefer adopting the death penalty for human trafficing and actually carry it out. That would put a dent in to it.

Maybe some of us want a little regulation? It is inevitable that in the event of legalization that there will be changes but it doesn't mean that that they will all be for the worse.

The idea that sex work could be safer and that the workers don't have to live in fear about what they do and do things like pay taxes with their actual income supersedes the fear of regulation.

My problem with Amnesty International's position is that they want to decriminalize ALL aspects of prostitution which would include trafficking, etc. (at least as reported). They may have other positions covering slavery & underage situations. There are some who claim that the German model, with their full-on brothels, is contributing to the trafficking situation. The Dutch model, focused on independents, is supposed to combat trafficking, but considering the East European accents I heard, I'm not so sure.

But it is good to see someone taking a stance against the restraint of free trade, the ability of women to make an independent living. "Transactional sex" always has and always will be around. It just takes on different names, like 'marriage'.

I don't know where took away that they were for the legalization of trafficking? This article specifically says that they haven't officially taken a stance. I think ultimately what's trying to be said is that consenting prostitution would be legal. I am pretty sure that coercion and kidnapping are still crimes in just about every place in the world.

Legalization means licensing and registration of providers.

And the lawmakers will see a new revenue stream.

Can the same be far behind for clients?

Maybe some of us want a little regulation? It is inevitable that in the event of legalization that there will be changes but it doesn't mean that that they will all be for the worse.

The idea that sex work could be safer and that the workers don't have to live in fear about what they do and do things like pay taxes with their actual income supersedes the fear of regulation.

From the client's perspective it could be good, could be bad. It all depends on the implementation!

Nevada is bad. High prices, poor service, poor locations.

Amsterdam is not good. Lackluster service but low prices (my knowledge is out of date however)

Canada is good (and again my knowledge is out of date). Had some good times there for prices similar to the US.

Germany is fucking fantastic, pun intended. Cheap and good. I would live there if I could and I would be a happy, tired man. This is largely due to the Eastern European hotness.

I would tolerate a worse experience if getting a date didn't involve potentially derailing my career and social circle if I end up in the news.

My suggestion is that we legalize it and devise a fast path to work permits for hot Romanians.

It's official! Amnesty International

At its decision-making forum in Dublin, the human rights watchdog approved the resolution to recommend "full decriminalization of all aspects of consensual sex work." It argues its research suggests decriminalization is the best way to defend sex workers' human rights.

I emphasize consensual because this addresses my concerns regarding trafficking.

I don't know where took away that they were for the legalization of trafficking? This article specifically says that they haven't officially taken a stance. I think ultimately what's trying to be said is that consenting prostitution would be legal. I am pretty sure that coercion and kidnapping are still crimes in just about every place in the world.

While conducting research for my post today regarding this issue, I went back to the original article (linked by Milos). Here's a quote:

The human rights group next month in Dublin, Ireland, will consider a new policy that calls for the global decriminalization of sex trafficking.

While conducting research for my post today regarding this issue, I went back to the original article (linked by Milos). Here's a quote:

I am most certain that was a typo or Fox News being cute. Those are not Amnesty's words.

?Amnesty International has not made a decision yet on this issue. It is important to stress that given that the consultation process is still on-going, no decisions have been made,? Amnesty?s Deputy Executive Director Cammie Croft told FOX411. ?No policy has been adopted by Amnesty International and it is not possible to speculate about the eventual outcome of the vote.?

Another quote. At no point did Amnesty mention anything about supporting trafficking or non-consensual selling. The assumption that a long standing human rights group would support such things is ridiculous. Like I said in my other post trafficking and coercion will always be illegal and have little to do with consensual sex work.

If you really want to do some research, search #ICM2015 or #ICM15 on twitter. Dan Savage interviewed a prolific activist/provider Mistress Matisse and there are tons of articles out there. The Twitterverse has been on fire and it's been both equally entertaining and educational.

Granted, my quote from the original article referencing trafficking is from the Fox text, not an AI official.

But you might want to check today's article which states, "the human rights watchdog approved the resolution to recommend ..." with quotes from AI's Secretary General, Salil Shetty. Sure sounds to me like they have made a decision.

What does gall me is the assumption by women's rights groups that pimps (agents?) and brothels imply trafficking and non-consensual transactions. Tell that to the YL working the NV brothels.

I am not a member of, nor do I have any interest in joining, the Twitterverse.

seems to me if all the hookers in the world put the right kind of pressure on all the whore-chasin politicians in the world, it might just make it past committee for a full vote

seems to me if all the hookers in the world put the right kind of pressure on all the whore-chasin politicians in the world, it might just make it past committee for a full vote

Men-s-Stainless-steel-Cock-cage-bondage-Metal-Chastity-device-ball-stretcher-penis-harness-male-sex.jpg

This could work!

Especially since they all seem to be such horny fuckers, chasing their preferred (some like gals, some like guys) prey.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that large ring supposed to encircle the scrotum with the bottom set next to perineum?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that large ring supposed to encircle the scrotum with the bottom set next to perineum?

You would be correct! :D

Granted, my quote from the original article referencing trafficking is from the Fox text, not an AI official.

But you might want to check today's article which states, "the human rights watchdog approved the resolution to recommend ..." with quotes from AI's Secretary General, Salil Shetty. Sure sounds to me like they have made a decision.

What does gall me is the assumption by women's rights groups that pimps (agents?) and brothels imply trafficking and non-consensual transactions. Tell that to the YL working the NV brothels.

I am not a member of, nor do I have any interest in joining, the Twitterverse.

I have checked the news, I have been following this closely. I know they have made a decision. I was pointing out that you took a typo at face value when it didn't match up with the rest of the article. You took that typo and ran with a dangerous assumption to only accuse others of dangerous assumptions in this post. This is one of those situations where people really benefit from knowing the facts.

Don't join Twitter, no one is asking you to. But if you want real time and real opinions from a huge portion of the sex industry that is where you will find it. Your internet searches wont yield the same results.

What's going on now is a really big deal, not to mention really exciting. Sex workers have a voice! People are listening! For once the majority of sex workers actually agree on something and are joining together and making a real impact. Hollywood's strongly worded letters and petitions were overshadowed by those with the voice of actual experience. It really is big news and people should take notice.

... I was pointing out that you took a typo at face value when it didn't match up with the rest of the article. ...

Actually, I doubt it was a typo; it matched the negative tone of the rest of the article. Considering the conservative source (Fox News), the reporter's (editor's) statement may have been an attempt to conflate trafficking(slavery) with consensual sex work.

Especially since they all seem to be such horny fuckers, chasing their preferred (some like gals, some like guys) prey.

If you look closely, it a finger inside. There is one on the outside also.

;)