Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Samantha Stone 5280

Wow how things have changed around here! :)

52 posts in this topic

I am a retired ASP who's life has become very boring. So I find myself checking out the board after years of being on hiatus. So many new gals and guys! It's nice after all these years to still see respect and wonderful people still here! Feels like home haha!

I was not Samantha Stone 5280 back then just an FYI :) That's just a new handle. I checked reviews for my old name and it seems a few gals ruined it haha:p

Anyone remember Colorado Companions? That should tell you how long it's been since I've been around

I remember Colorado Companion. That was the agency that got busted, right?

I remember Colorado Companion. That was the agency that got busted, right?

you're thinking of denver sugar. :rolleyes:

I too remember Colorado Companions.

Is it my imagination or did CC morf into SOwet?

I too remember Colorado Companions.

Is it my imagination or did CC morf into SOwet?

CC did not morp into Sowet. Sowet was always a message/advertising/review board, existing well before CC started.

CC was an agency, who advertisd a lot on Sowet. After CC closed, a few agency girls advertised on Sowet as independents.

That was a long time ago, for this business. 10 years, maybe? :)

OK, I was thinking of Bada Bing agency which was another one from way back....

Re: bad management: yep. Though seem to recall CO Companions kept running on a while after Gary Haney. Or morphed into something else (I know several of the girls, as mentioned in other post, went indie, some went to Bada Bing and or Denver Players/Sugar, Ashley's Angels[?]).

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/09/gary_haney_swat_team_sex_magazine_publisher_denver_nightlife.php

Internet archive has the website starting in 2001 and last copy in Feb 2006.

ADD: was a nice trip down memory lane on the internet archive and see a bunch of girls I saw way back when at CC.

I miss Gary a lot.

:(

I'm sorry for your loss, and I believe your feelings are real, but this I will never understand.

From all reports, the man was a <snip> pimp who regularly beat and robbed women, and decided that "suicide by cop" was the best way to go.

SMFH

Edited by Kaduk
per posters request...

who regularly beat and robbed women

There is one, one, article, about him beating a woman, whom he caught stealing from him. Are there more reports that I am unaware of, or did you imagine the "regularly" and "robbed" part? :confused:

There is one, one, article, about him beating a woman, whom he caught stealing from him. Are there more reports that I am unaware of, or did you imagine the "regularly" and "robbed" part? :confused:

You are correct, those were inferences that I made. I withdraw them.

However, unless the article is completely false, this guy was still a pimp. I have always had very strong feelings about how bad pimps are. Would anyone here like to disabuse me of that notion?

To the mods, I am self-reporting this thread. I mentioned a no-no, and came back too late to fix it. I tried though.

Sorry about that.

I have always had very strong feelings about how bad pimps are. Would anyone here like to disabuse me of that notion?

The guy owned/ran agencies. Just like Gina did. Just like Club 69 does. They all take a percentage of the girls earnings. They all recruit new girls.

Gary, Gina, and the Club 69 owners are/were not the "1 guy and 5 girls" pimps that movies, and TV, often portray. They were/are agency owners. To me there is a difference.

... I have always had very strong feelings about how bad pimps are. Would anyone here like to disabuse me of that notion?

Madames are pimps too, yet there are many stories about kindness. Read about Matty Silks & the heyday of Denver's red light district. Or Pauline Tabor of Bowling Green. Or the Everleigh sisters of Chicago.

As Pfunk said, consider all the agencies. Granted, there are bad apples in any profession (Enron?).

There is no difference between a pimp and agency owners. Nor is there a difference between a pimp and hookers recruiting and turning out new hookers for a fee. A pimp is a pimp is a pimp.

I do remember seeing a busty blondie from either Colorado Companions or Bada Bing named Hailey. She was wonderful...

... A pimp is a pimp is a pimp.

Agreed. But our point is that not all pimps are bad news. When I worked for a consulting firm, my "pimp" kept the groceries on my table.

No, I was't selling my body, I was selling my mind.

The guy owned/ran agencies. Just like Gina did. Just like Club 69 does. They all take a percentage of the girls earnings. They all recruit new girls.

Gary, Gina, and the Club 69 owners are/were not the "1 guy and 5 girls" pimps that movies, and TV, often portray. They were/are agency owners. To me there is a difference.

The true story is usually far less interesting and titillating than the "made for tv" version.

Agreed. But our point is that not all pimps are bad news. When I worked for a consulting firm, my "pimp" kept the groceries on my table.

No, I was't selling my body, I was selling my mind.

Huh. So pimps are just "paid management/scheduling consultants."

Interesting.

You know, when I went to an Ivy league school, we had several management classes. I must have been ill the day we covered

"Gimme the money, bitch!" <whack!>

I had a lot of respect for you guys. But your support of pimping is disturbing. And I DO see a difference between what Gina does with P411, and the pimps who control women through intimidation, beatings [snip}.

Why, if you care for women and women's rights, would you support such behavior?

Now I'm REALLY SMFH.

Edited by boink36
Forbidden topic removed.

Interesting.

You know, when I went to an Ivy league school, we had several management classes. I must have been ill the day we covered

I had a lot of respect for you guys. But your support of pimping is disturbing. And I DO see a difference between what Gina does with P411, and the pimps who control women through intimidation, beatings [snip}.

Why, if you care for women and women's rights, would you support such behavior?

Now I'm REALLY SMFH.

This is an interesting place for a feminist to spend time. :cool:

Edited by boink36
Quote edited.

This is an interesting place for a feminist to spend time. :cool:

I know you are just kidding around, but there are a number of active feminists on this board.

Also, I (as others do here) see a big difference between someone who manages and supports an ASP (like the Ginas of the world) and a pimp, who enforces his authority with violence. Not saying you disagree with that av8r. Just adding my two cents.

... And I DO see a difference between what Gina does with P411, and the pimps who control women through intimidation, beatings and forbidden stuff.

You see a difference, but the law doesn't. Oh, there might be additional battery charges, but they both get the same pimping charge. I'm not down with anyone controlling people (men or women) through intimidation, violence, [snip} . My point was that some are Huggy Bear (Starzky & Hutch) and some are Jell-O (recent Castle Rock case). I never met Gary so I'll withold my judgement on which he was.

BTW: Gina's involvement with P411, an advertising forum & verification service does not make her a pimp, but running Private Connections (& before that Octapussy's) does. That does NOT make her a bad person.

Edited by boink36
Forbidden topic removed.

Interesting.

Sigh..ok..full disclosure here. I ran "J.R.'s Stripteasers " for many many years. You may or may not recall the ads we had in the yellow pages, Westword ,Rocky Mountain News and "The Rocky Mountain Oyster."

We turned down "one on ones" all the time, I should know..I answered the phone. We sent dancers out to strip at partys and in nightclubs.

At NO TIME did I ever intimidate a dancer for money nor did I ever wack her,beat her up etc etc. Far from it. In fact, today Christmas cards arrived from several ex-dancers. They wouldn't do that so many years later if they had been treated badly.

So please...do NOT sterotype all the agencys.

That said, the ONLY reason we shut down was because my dad had a stroke ,while on vacation in Arizona, and I closed up shop to go take care of him there for two years. We were never busted for anything, it was simply a matter of family first.

Did your Ivy League school teach you anything ??? Besides being a...

Edited by boink36
Quote edited.

Now I'm REALLY SMFH.

Keep shaking your head. No one said the above, but you posted it as if they did. You are horribe at "discussing" or "arguing". You just make stuff up and use it as a "fact". :rolleyes:

While you didn't say it, you did imply it. Pimping is as pimping does no matter their treatment of their hookers.

While you didn't say it, you did imply it. Pimping is as pimping does no matter their treatment of their hookers.

Actually I think I'm the one who implied it when I referenced being pimped as an IT consultant. There were jobs were it definitely felt that way.

Technically speaking anyone who panders for a prostitute (3. A person who does, or offers to do, an activity for money, despite personal dislike or dishonour.) is a pimp. There are, however, practical distinctions.

So Payton/Samantha, when are you making your comeback?

Sigh..ok..full disclosure here. I ran "J.R.'s Stripteasers " for many many years. You may or may not recall the ads we had in the yellow pages, Westword ,Rocky Mountain News and "The Rocky Mountain Oyster."

We turned down "one on ones" all the time, I should know..I answered the phone. We sent dancers out to strip at partys and in nightclubs.

At NO TIME did I ever intimidate a dancer for money nor did I ever wack her,beat her up etc etc. Far from it. In fact, today Christmas cards arrived from several ex-dancers. They wouldn't do that so many years later if they had been treated badly.

So please...do NOT sterotype all the agencys.

That said, the ONLY reason we shut down was because my dad had a stroke ,while on vacation in Arizona, and I closed up shop to go take care of him there for two years. We were never busted for anything, it was simply a matter of family first.

Did your Ivy League school teach you anything ??? Besides being a...

I actually did a bachelor party with another girl (Cinnamon I believe was her name) for Jr's Stripteasers when I was a mere 19 yrs old LOL There was nothing controlling, violent, or forceful about it. I'll never forget being so shocked at the number of dollar bills I retrieved from my boots after a 45 min show! :)