Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Don't sell my dildo!

13 posts in this topic

So this comes from a conversation I had earlier today....

Last week I was sick and decided to do some purging of household items that I don't use anymore. The other person made a joke and asked if I had brought any old sex toys to GoodWill. No I had not, but it made me chuckle thinking about the "what if".

Has anyone ever accidentally tried to donate something like this or at least know of someone who did?

Back when I sold sex toys one of the other Consultants had been waiting on a large order of anal plugs. Apparently while she was away at a dinner her husband stumbled upon the box that had arrived earlier in the day and opened it. It was during the Holiday season so when he saw them his 1st reaction was "why does my wife have so many pink holiday lights?".

So this comes from a conversation I had earlier today....

Last week I was sick and decided to do some purging of household items that I don't use anymore. The other person made a joke and asked if I had brought any old sex toys to GoodWill. No I had not, but it made me chuckle thinking about the "what if".

Has anyone ever accidentally tried to donate something like this or at least know of someone who did?

You can donate vibrators as medical tools, you know it was used by doctors to treat women suffering from hysteria...no kidding !

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...tory-vibrators

Mention vibrators, and most people immediately think of women’s sexual pleasure. And no wonder: An estimated one-third of adult American women now own at least one. Clitoral stimulation with vibrators produces orgasms reliably even in women who have difficulty experiencing them in other ways. And women who use vibrators consistently report sexual enhancement in both solo and partner sex.

But ironically, women's sexual pleasure was the furthest thing from the minds of the male doctors who invented vibrators almost two centuries ago. They were interested in a labor-saving device to spare their hands the fatigue they developed giving handjobs to a steady stream of 19th century ladies who suffered from “hysteria,” a vaguely defined ailment easily recognizable today as sexual frustration. Therein hangs a strange tale that provides quirky insights into both the history of sex toys, and cultural

True story-once a few years back during one of my forays into bad girldom I had to do some court ordered community service. So I did it at a thrift store. And guess what the employees of said store were all freaked out about? Yep, it was a donated dildo.

Yuck, you really would have to be hard up to buy a used,donated dildo from Goodwill.

Seems like the Goodwill does not accept sex toys. Check out this information video I found on the topic.

Seems like the Goodwill does not accept sex toys. Check out this information video I found on the topic.

I don't really know what they did with it. (I hate to think.....) But the fact remains, someone did donate a dildo to the thrift store. Perhaps a jealous hubby, boyfriend? Hmm? ;-D

Do you still have it for sale? Asking for a friends.

There should be a "for sale" section here where people can buy and sell items to each other!!!

They donate them all the time. The store doesn't accept them. I volunteered at a local one for a year or so. Dildos, cock rings, used condoms, etc etc. And no they are never resold...one time I opened a blanket and 20 dildos of different sizes fell out. I found this hysterical as I had seen the lady that dropped them off shortly before that lol.

Geez....probably only needed batteries....

A dildo doesn't vibrate. A vibrator vibrates... :D

They donate them all the time. The store doesn't accept them. I volunteered at a local one for a year or so. Dildos, cock rings, used condoms, etc etc. And no they are never resold...one time I opened a blanket and 20 dildos of different sizes fell out. I found this hysterical as I had seen the lady that dropped them off shortly before that lol.

This is the best story!!!!! :eek:

I once donated an ungodly expensive set of cuff links to a laundry/dry cleaners.:(

True story-once a few years back during one of my forays into bad girldom I had to do some court ordered community service. So I did it at a thrift store. And guess what the employees of said store were all freaked out about? Yep, it was a donated dildo.

Yuck, you really would have to be hard up to buy a used,donated dildo from Goodwill.

Depends on who donated it. If it was Hayden Panettiere's you could auction that thing off and fund Goodwill's mission for a whole year.