Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
worksmartnothard

I just read the long thread started by Jez that was locked

18 posts in this topic

Ladies, if you are not using this board as a form of advertising, why not simply post under a handle that does reveal who you are at work?

Then you can never be penalized for whatever you post. And you can post freely. Not unlike a guy who can be a dolt on here but not reveal his john handle when booking.

The ladies are at a "disadvantage" if you will because we are the seller and the guys are the buyer BUT that does not mean we have to take copious amounts of poop in order to post here.

I frequent another board that makes this one look like a garden party and do not post under my work name but an alias. I say exactly what I feel, caught shit but now have the respect of the worst aholes on that board.

In order to play where you are at a disadvantage takes some skill trying to find that happy medium where you feel you can say what you need but also defend yourself if need be. And a sense of humor is ESSENTIAL.

I am not sure if Gina allows alias here.

Dear worksmartnothard, I think you are a wonderful lady. now that being said my dear old departed mother taught me never hit the send button when you are mad. type it up and let it sit for 24 hrs. and then re-read it. if you still feel the same way then hit send. it is my personal belief that some posters, both men and women, get mad about something then immediately jump on their keyboard and post it then get madder when other people find it distasteful and jump on their ass about it. I'm sure a lot of you folks have heard of the 24hr rule. if more posters used it there would be less bullshit on the tob. my 2 cents. by the way I have no grudge against anybody on this board. I love 2big and av8r. I love jez and lilithia.

Thanks from 2small

All the ladies who have seen me naked, being able to make comments without my knowing their identity......the horror.....THE HORROR!

LOL......Only two things you should remember when posting here:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsp_P7FLtg2xHB_HE92E8Zcr2ihuMECwXr4uuf9ZCmguWBFl6VPZd6mtwb

All the ladies who have seen me naked, being able to make comments without my knowing their identity......the horror.....THE HORROR!

LOL......Only two things you should remember when posting here:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsp_P7FLtg2xHB_HE92E8Zcr2ihuMECwXr4uuf9ZCmguWBFl6VPZd6mtwb

And to my knowledge I have not seen you. Most people are way harder on themselves than others will ever be.

Dear worksmartnothard, I think you are a wonderful lady. now that being said my dear old departed mother taught me never hit the send button when you are mad. type it up and let it sit for 24 hrs. and then re-read it. if you still feel the same way then hit send. it is my personal belief that some posters, both men and women, get mad about something then immediately jump on their keyboard and post it then get madder when other people find it distasteful and jump on their ass about it. I'm sure a lot of you folks have heard of the 24hr rule. if more posters used it there would be less bullshit on the tob. my 2 cents. by the way I have no grudge against anybody on this board. I love 2big and av8r. I love jez and lilithia.

Thanks from 2small

And I do that now although I must say, not much really gets my blood boiling anymore. I have made a conscious choice not to let what is said on fuck boards get under my skin. It can be a lot of fun if you approach it with that in mind.

Oh and BTW, I used to get riled up and found it ruined my entire day, hence the attitude adjustment.

Thank you for that rather sweet compliment!

I used to get riled up and found it ruined my entire day, hence the attitude adjustment. ...

^^ this ^^

One could get upset by the words spewed forth here, letting them steal your wa, but in the end the only one you hurt by doing that is yourself.

So sit back and ponder the view with a little aa_uoo_mmm.

Ladies, if you are not using this board as a form of advertising, why not simply post under a handle that does reveal who you are at work?

Then you can never be penalized for whatever you post. And you can post freely. Not unlike a guy who can be a dolt on here but not reveal his john handle when booking.

The ladies are at a "disadvantage" if you will because we are the seller and the guys are the buyer BUT that does not mean we have to take copious amounts of poop in order to post here.

I frequent another board that makes this one look like a garden party and do not post under my work name but an alias. I say exactly what I feel, caught shit but now have the respect of the worst aholes on that board.

In order to play where you are at a disadvantage takes some skill trying to find that happy medium where you feel you can say what you need but also defend yourself if need be. And a sense of humor is ESSENTIAL.

It was locked for a reason. :cool:

While different handles are allowed between this discussion board and either the review or advertising venues, the use of multiple handles on the discussion board is highly frowned upon.

The op has as good point here. But some of us fall into that fine line between arrogance and stupidity. On one hand, I am dumb enough to sign my name to everything I write. And at the same time I am arrogant enough to definitely want to piut my name to my words. But I stand behind what I have to say, and I would hate to disappoint my "fan club".

It is not always easy to put your intent to your words. Depending on variables such as the kind of day that you, or your reader may be having can have allot to do with the perception of each person. Factor in educational levels of both the writer and the reader also. But I can say that I have met some intelligent people who did not know a comma from a period. There are different kinds of intelligence's.

What this comes down to really is some personalities don't mesh well. And some people are natural born internet trolls. People sometimes think I am mad, or should be mad when I am not. Most of this stuff I find humorous, and I post as time permits. Sometimes I post hurriedly, without checking sentence structure, pre-amble, etc. We all do. This last thread the boys had fun with? I was never pissed, Just a little irritated and contantly being dogged by the few I have dubbed the peanut gallery. Or my fan club as it may be. The guys come on here to get laid. I don't. It has been said this is a form of advertising, and in a sense it is. And those who decide by our posts that they would not want to see us;well, we are better off not knowing them. So , I really mean that when I say I don't come here to get laid. Besides, TOB is such a small part of out business. And we have seen good people grow tired of some bullshit and leave. And we still have other good people who are not going anywhere.

TOB is a cyber bar and grill. We come here, belly up to the proverbial bar, talk shit with a few, then we leave. Plain and simple.

Unfortunately, most women that post here are doing it for advertising, and those that aren't, well you saw what happened when Jez tried talkin' a little shop.

While your idea for posting under a different pseudonym(as your only handle) is a good one, most will be constrained by the UnWritten XXth Commandment:

Thou shall post nothing but pablum, so as not to offend the Masses!

I have made a conscious choice not to let what is said on fuck boards get under my skin. It can be a lot of fun if you approach it with that in mind.

More than anonymous boards. Life!!!:cool:

But Mr. Reindeer, "pablum" is so boring! Its like reading nothing but 411's, and who's got the best titties or ass or pecker, etc.

There one thing to be said for a good train wreck. It stirs up the masses.

Unfortunately, most women that post here are doing it for advertising, and those that aren't, well you saw what happened when Jez tried talkin' a little shop.

While your idea for posting under a different pseudonym(as your only handle) is a good one, most will be constrained by the UnWritten XXth Commandment:

Thou shall post nothing but pablum, so as not to offend the Masses!

Good thing I don't know that commandment

Definitely. hehe :x

While different handles are allowed between this discussion board and either the review or advertising venues, the use of multiple handles on the discussion board is highly frowned upon.

The board used to have the problem that a user would be created, make 10 neutral posts, and then begin posting the intended messages without worrying about the board rules, because if they lost that user they would make another one the same way.

Maybe I should talk about what I've been up to lately.