Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazy Horse

Name retirements...

19 posts in this topic

I found the whole Mona/Gizzika name controversy amusing. It did get me to thinking though. When my time comes to travel to the next plane of existence will the name of Crazy Horse be permanently retired from use on TOB. I would consider it a great honor indeed if that did happen but it wouldn't bother me either if after a few years someone else took up the handle. After all I borrowed the name from one of the greatest 19th century Americans and if another history, music or strip club fan wanted to pay such homage to what was important to them they should be allowed to do so by using the name.

It was maybe 10 years ago that I had tried to adopt the different handle of El Cid (yea I know I'm a total history nerd) but I gave it up after about 1.5yrs. Every time I showed up at a meet and greet it was always "Hey CH how you doing?". So rather than fight it I just took back the old handle.

I can understand though how handles should be retired when they become synonymous with special persons or actions. If we talk about doing a David Sterns like Bit Banger just did and I've done occasionally many of us old timers know exactly what kind of date set up is being conducted. How many years do you think it will take before the TOB collective memory of what DS showed us how to do will be lost to the newest generations of hobbyists.

Even if no one wanted or were allowed to use the name Crazy Horse I would sincerely hope that someone might adopt my sign off tag of ...Happy Hobbying... If they did I would certainly be smiling :D upon them from the other side.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

How many years do you think it will take before the TOB collective memory of what DS showed us how to do will be lost to the newest generations of hobbyists.

Been coming here since 2006. Have no fucking idea what you're talking about ;-)

Ah yes...the collective memory already begins to fade. Here's an example of what I was talking about. http://www.theotherboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38531 The guy comes on the discussion board names a time/place or activity and asks if any of the ladies want to join him. I did it last year with a planed over night stay in Blackhawk and was joined by a lovely lady. Most of us only do it now and then but DS did it almost every week, sometimes several times a week. I'm not sure when DS retired but it might have been before '06; anyone remember. Anyway it is a treat to have a lady PM you and say I'd love to join you. It's is a completely different feeling from when you have to contact the lady to tell them I'd love to join you.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

In my opinion, there is no sacred, or special, name on this board. If someone wants to be pfunk, boink, or goggles, I wouldn't care.

None of us, including David Sterns, deserve any special recognition. We're all just horny guys, trying to hook up; Mostly thinking with the little head.

This board, and the anonymous johns on it, including me, are less significant than a sunset.

The girls, on the other hand...:)

I have been on TOB since 01 so the name Davidd Sterns I remember quite well. Who here remembers Creamy, or Bi-sexual Britney? Blasts from the past for sure.

There are extremely frustrating issues that come into play administrating reviews when names are duplicated. Regardless of whether we are talking about a client name or a provider name.

Also, on both sides of the fence, taking the name of a well known provider or hobbyist means the person taking the name will be mistaken for the original. Whether it's done intentionally, or not, it can cause problems.

So while we wouldn't tell anyone that they can't be named ABC or XYZ, I would strongly discourage anyone from using a well known name. If it started to become a real headache, at that point we might decide to force a change.

As CH would remember, I used to be known as Octapussy ("Octa") and immediately after I stopped using that name, but while I was still referred to as Octa, another "Octa" (Octavia) came along in Denver

If I remember correctly I just asked her to use her the full handle (Octavia), not the shortened version (Octa), and we went on about our lives. However, it was a constant issue with people contacting me thinking I was her, and I can only assume that plenty of people were contacting her, assuming she was me. I even remember a review that was posted of Octavia, where the client going on about how he'd finally met "Octa" and had a session... he was referring about me, but he'd actually seen Octavia. He had no idea that Octavia wasn't Octa.

Anyway, it was definitely a conflict, and I know that any other similar situation would have a similar result.

Ah yes the old Octapussy days. I remember them well, and even before then it's a shame we never met as provider and client although if you ever advertised in the Oyster we might have. In any case you'll always be Gina to me from that brief period when you were using that name. Which is another problem with names; other people get used to using one for a particular person and even when they change it like I tried to do with El Cid it sometimes doesn't work.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

Ah yes the old Octapussy days. I remember them well, and even before then it's a shame we never met as provider and client although if you ever advertised in the Oyster we might have. In any case you'll always be Gina to me from that brief period when you were using that name. Which is another problem with names; other people get used to using one for a particular person and even when they change it like I tried to do with El Cid it sometimes doesn't work.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

Which brings up another thought. How long will it be before the name of The Oyster has no meaning to the current generation of hobbyists and the TOB collective memory.:(

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

I have been on TOB since 01 so the name Davidd Sterns I remember quite well. Who here remembers Creamy, or Bi-sexual Britney? Blasts from the past for sure.

Yes indeed I remember them as well as many others. That's one of the reasons I like reading very old reviews, to relive good times with providers and clients that have moved on. Too bad they only go back to '07. I know that to the youngsters in our group we sound like old fossils that can't move on from "the good old days":p but that's cool as us oldsters know that one day sooner than they think they'll be in our shoes.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

This board, and the anonymous johns on it, including me, are less significant than a sunset.

The girls, on the other hand...:)

I tend to agree as I've seen some very beautiful sunsets as well as ladies. The thing is the sunsets will always be there but it takes a subjective observation from a sentient being to create/appreciate the beauty. So all us anonymous johns do have a role to play.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

Which brings up another thought. How long will it be before the name of The Oyster has no meaning to the current generation of hobbyists and the TOB collective memory.:(

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

Rumor has it...that there it will return.

BTW..loved your lps with Neil Young :)

what the crap is a david stern?

Here's your answer. (as posted previously in this very thread :rolleyes:)

Ah yes...the collective memory already begins to fade. Here's an example of what I was talking about. http://www.theotherboard.com/forums/...ad.php?t=38531 The guy comes on the discussion board names a time/place or activity and asks if any of the ladies want to join him. I did it last year with a planed over night stay in Blackhawk and was joined by a lovely lady. Most of us only do it now and then but DS did it almost every week, sometimes several times a week. I'm not sure when DS retired but it might have been before '06; anyone remember. Anyway it is a treat to have a lady PM you and say I'd love to join you. It's is a completely different feeling from when you have to contact the lady to tell them I'd love to join you.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

Thanks for the clarification Bit. For a minute, I thought you were referring to the NBA Commissioner David Stearns, although he spells his name different.

Thanks for the clarification Bit. For a minute, I thought you were referring to the NBA Commissioner David Stearns, although he spells his name different.

You're welcome, but the credit for the clarification belongs to my friend, Crazy Horse. This is a piece of TOB history.

ISOs are a technique few of us use, probably because the gals aren't used to responding. Or is the other way around? I use it for special occasions when I'm looking for a particular characteristic in a companion (like an opera buff).

Well if he's David Stern who is Hot Carl?

What about Southern Boy (or was it Southern Man?) or that [snip] T.O...Capt Chaos...2Big.....haahaha David Stern, I remember that name.

Edited by The Oxymoron
name calling

Britney, lol. She gave me probably what was one of the best hummers of my life, she was totally uninterested and matter of fact but something about her technique has her in at least the top 5.