Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bit Banger

And in the "Stay out of Lakewood" sweepstakes

18 posts in this topic

While it's fun to see cops getting their own, what the fuck ever happened to the Freedom of Association? Why is it illegal for a "known prostitute" to get into your car while you're not working?

Totally agreed, Fork. But you know - pin heads come by their narrow minds naturally.

Better to just - STAY OUT OF LAKEWOOD!

Board related way-back-machine, according to an earlier Ch 4 story, this cop was heading up the investigation into the ex-judge Nottingham and his dalliances with Denver Players/Sugar.

While it's fun to see cops getting their own, what the fuck ever happened to the Freedom of Association? Why is it illegal for a "known prostitute" to get into your car while you're not working?

It is not. That is why neither has been arrested or charged with anything. Just regular everyday police harassment and lame attempt at shaming those involved. Only newsworthy (actually it isn't) because a vice cop was involved. Now if he picked up a pretend hooker being portrayed by an under cover under the understanding of paying for something illegal ..... he would have been arrested.

It is not. That is why neither has been arrested or charged with anything. ...

Ah, "issued a summons" sure sounds like he was charged with something. But it is pending further investigation. Perhaps those charges will be dropped for lack of evidence after the smear campaign is over.

Ah, "issued a summons" sure sounds like he was charged with something. But it is pending further investigation. Perhaps those charges will be dropped for lack of evidence after the smear campaign is over.

I see your point re-reading the headline. quoting from the story:

"Ryan was detained, but not put under "physical arrest" at that time, Marquez said.

"That is not an uncommon occurrence," he said. "Sometimes, further investigating needs to be done before an arrest is made or a summons is issued."

The woman has not yet been charged in the case, police said."

I understood that to mean no summons or arrest for either. Upon further review it appears the "journalism" quality is such that you can't tell from the story ANYTHING for sure of a relevant nature.

Take away - oh, hell yeah stay out of Lakewood!

It is not. That is why neither has been arrested or charged with anything. Just regular everyday police harassment and lame attempt at shaming those involved. Only newsworthy (actually it isn't) because a vice cop was involved. Now if he picked up a pretend hooker being portrayed by an under cover under the understanding of paying for something illegal ..... he would have been arrested.

This is accurate.

As reported in the article linked in the OP.

Detective Michael Ryan, 50, was issued a summons for soliciting a prostitute and patronizing a prostitute, said Timmy Marquez, a Lakewood police spokesman

i.e. He got a ticket - show up in court!

Do you have some contradictory information not reported in the DP?

Do you have some contradictory information not reported in the DP?

Im just agreeing with gr8owl. Nothing more. I dont know him. Why would I have contradictory information not reported in the DP? lol :rolleyes:

Ok, here is the payback plan:

1. Need a married couple, with an extremely hot lady who is not in the bz, has no criminal record at all, doesn't use drugs, etc.

2. Same for a gentleman. Gentleman rents a very high end vehicle that would look totally out of place in the area.

3. Lady starts walking the streets on the periphery of where the riff raff girls are peddling their wares.

4. Gentleman pulls up in his fancy car, lady leans in and they talk for a bit. In plain sight he hands here some money.

5. She gets in car and they beeline for the closest hotel. Before the arrive, guaranteed they will be pulled over.

6. A few of those and the cops will go back to pounding a beat.

I would do it but I am lacking #1 and #2 above. Also, I may be in deep do do for sensing an email with all of my contact information to Sen Harry Reid asking im to do the country a favor and shut the fuck up.

All of us are against and sort of trafficking and [snip}. But they way LE in Denver area is going about it is as bas ackwards as possible.

Old guys rule!!!

Edited by boink36
forbidden topic removed.

Dear Lakewood PD, please take note of the posters in this thread as they pose a threat to our morality. You can probably ignore the guy from Wyoming, but the remaining posters can easily be identified thru their icons (except the notoriously invisible

B. Banger) and arrests are in order once Sheridan blvd has been penetrated. Speaking of penetration, let us arrest all penetrators. Regards, Granny Kneeslocked

It almost seems to me that they set that Denver cop up....It seems strange that he would no have notice a stake out himself being he has probably been on enough of them himself, so the entire situation seems a bit off to me...But that is just my take on it and since it is a good old boy network here, it would seem possibly he has fallen from grace in some degree....I say this because most stings are done by multi-jurisdicational task forces or so it has appeared over recent time but of course we are talking about Lakewood and they have nothing better to do but harass people based on suspect activities...I am curious how well known this "prostitute" actually was, did she have a criminal record for this previously or was it a matter that they suspected her to be a "prostitute"....Next question is if she was so well known why did they not stop her and question her before she got into his car??? Alot of this is somewhat questionable and makes me curious is there is not more here then beats the eye...Just saying.....

But I suspect it is like trying to figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, the world may never know...

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend...

B.............

My sources (and they are good ones) say he was caught with his pants down....literally.

My sources (and they are good ones) say he was caught with his pants down....literally.

Wait a minute... this is excatly how roomers start. I read in the westward he was pulled over in his car. I saw a video online. No where does it say he was "he was caught with his pants down....literally."

I am I missing something?:confused: