Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VictoriaJolie

Recommendation of good restaurants downtown Denver !

23 posts in this topic

Panzano. Went there Monday night. Cannelloni stuffed with prosciutto veal and foie gras. Yum.

an obvious choice is Le Central - killer French cuisine with a rotating menu at reasonable prices.

Salut Victoria

Personellement, je crois que le restaurant (Altitude) a l'hotel Hyatt (650 15th St) n'est pas mal.

Passe un temps agreable a Denver :)

Maggiano's Little Italy and Chophouse...
Maggiano's is great. I also like this little French/Mediterranean gem Coohills 1400.

Bonsoir

Looking for recommendations of good restaurants downtown Denver

Thanks VJ

Search the magazine 5280 for their "Best of Issue." I would recommend you look at Kevin Taylor, Cholon or Rioja. However, the best dining in Denver is not downtown. Highlands, West Highlands have several fabulous places. A professional girl friend and I had dinner at Fruition a few weeks ago and it's very hard to beat. All are a quick cab away if you're staying downtown. :cool:

Last time I was in Denver, went to the 1515 Restaurant at 1515 Marketplace St.

Had the Spring Lamb Chop done Sous-Vide for the entre. Yummers.

http://www.yelp.com/denver

http://www.westword.com/bestof/2013/section/food-and-drink-35100/

I think those are more of what you're looking for. We're not restaurant critics here, we're just dudes who like fucking hookers.

I though that maybe few guys here had a fine " pallet " and could recommend places that is sometime not known from public critics or famous from the Denver residents

Generally people like to eat get sexy and drink

I'm sorry if my question wasn't appropriate to this board

Vj

Vj

The question is more than appropriate, and the spirit of this board is to offer helpful advice to the lovely ladies that visit our city whenever asked.

I recommend Ocean Prime on Larimer.

The hot dog stand in front of the court house .

I though that maybe few guys here had a fine " pallet " and could recommend places that is sometime not known from public critics or famous from the Denver residents

Generally people like to eat get sexy and drink

Vj

Your question was appropriate , I wasn't trying to make fun of your question ,my sense of humor sucks sometime. I am not known to be fancy when it comes to food.

Your question was appropriate , I wasn't trying to make fun of your question ,my sense of humor sucks sometime. I am not known to be fancy when it comes to food.

I don't think you need to worry about your response, harpo. I think perhaps there was another response to the op's query that was rather rude and disrespectful.

As for your sense of humor... well, I guess mine sucks too because I was going to make a similar recommendation but you beat me to the punch.

As for the op's request...

I'd recommend Fogo de Chao

On second thought... it might not be a good choice if you're planning on engaging in a lot of "strenuous physical activity" after your meal. The food is extremely filling and there is a lot of it. But it's definitely delicious and you won't leave there hungry, that's for sure!

I though that maybe few guys here had a fine " pallet " ...

Vj

For the record:

pallet: sometimes inaccurately called a skid (a skid has no bottom deck boards), is a flat transport structure that supports goods in a stable fashion while being lifted by a forklift or other jacking device[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_%28mechanical%29].

palate: a person's appreciation of taste and flavor, esp. when sophisticated and discriminating.

Asking advice from guys who have a fine pallet will get you a date with some mean mother truckers. :)

There are many over-priced options in LoDo, most of which have fine food, just not worth the cost in my opinion. Some of my favorite, good-valued places include: Cholon Asian Bistro, Bistro Vendome, Prima Restoranti, Limelight Supper Club (DCPA plaza), La Grande Bistro & Oyster Bar, Tamayo, Vesta Dipping Grill, Squeaky Bean, and Panzano. Bon Apetit.

For the record:

pallet: sometimes inaccurately called a skid (a skid has no bottom deck boards), is a flat transport structure that supports goods in a stable fashion while being lifted by a forklift or other jacking device[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_%28mechanical%29].

palate: a person's appreciation of taste and flavor, esp. when sophisticated and discriminating.

Asking advice from guys who have a fine pallet will get you a date with some mean mother truckers. :)

Thanks for the correction I should have re-read myself..I'm glad that you understood the meaning of my phrase even though I didn't spell right

:eek:

Duo on 32nd and Zuni is very elegant. Sushi Sasha over on 15th and Platte is very nice as well.

Duo on 32nd and Zuni is very elegant. Sushi Sasha over on 15th and Platte is very nice as well.

I second those choices!

Sushi Sasha is groin-grabbingly delicious! :D

aw hell, Victoria, we don't count off for spelling around here.

Denver has an extensive palette of gastronomical excellence by the pallet to appeal to anyone's palate!

aw hell, Victoria, we don't count off for spelling around here.

Denver has an extensive palette of gastronomical excellence by the pallet to appeal to anyone's palate!

Well played, sir... well played. ;)