Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jez UaBriain

Cell phone horror stories...

10 posts in this topic

I am sitting here fuming after spending the last hour chatting with a guy in some other country who barely speaks english. I have had bad luck with 'droids.

So today I went out and purchased 'droid number three. I got it home, followed activation procedures to the "t". First I did it online. No luck. So then I called. Spent along time speaking with a woman in another country who could barely speak english, and followed her instruction to wait and the phone would be functional within 1 hour. It wasn't. So back onto the phone with yet another tech whom can't speak english. Now I get the 1 hr service, 2 hours I"ll have service, AND 2 DAYS! I'll have service. The last tech was saying all three. In one and a half hours I'll call again, before they close the office eastern time zone. Wonder how many days it will be then for their piece of shit phone to have service then...

Until then I have no phone service. So that really makes mne a unhappy camper with Net10 and their phones and service.:rolleyes:

Anyone else have cell phone horror stories?

Take your phone back to where you got it and tell them to either activate it or keep it & refund you money. I never leave the store with a dead phone.

True story.

Androids are great! Did you know you can get your gmail accounts set up on them? It's really handy!

Did you know that, when you are in town visiting your fully grown oldest female progeny, who is tech savvy, and her cell phone battery dies, she will ask to borrow yours?

Did you know that when a provider sends you a gmail message.....and your android has gmail synched.....the providers name "Cotton Candy" (not the real name......but similar....a fabric and a treat) will briefly pop up on the phone screen while she is talking on it?

Did you know that under extreme duress, you can think really, really, fast?

Did you know that if you google said name....you get, among other things, many different cake recipes? And that I can now bake one of those cakes....which I learned to do for her birthday?

Needless to say....gmail is now much more privately set up on my phone.

I have a question and I am not tech savvy.So far I refuse to buy smartphone (I hate to be connected all the time).

A female friend of mine can tell at what time I opened her email according to the time stamped on my laptop.She has I Phone. I googled this topic and could not find an answer .

How can she tell ? and yes I lied to her by saying I opened her email later than I really did lol.

I have a question and I am not tech savvy.So far I refuse to buy smartphone (I hate to be connected all the time).

A female friend of mine can tell at what time I opened her email according to the time stamped on my laptop.She has I Phone. I googled this topic and could not find an answer .

How can she tell ? and yes I lied to her by saying I opened her email later than I really did lol.

I think that is more of a script that someone can attach to a message, where when viewed it will send an automatic reply with the time you viewed the message.

Another day, another cheese and whine thread. Color me shocked.:rolleyes:

Here's the thing: If you're credit is busted, then, yeah, all you can get is shitty service from Net10.

And then the first thing you hear when you call "customer service" is:

Press 2 for English.:cool:

Not a simple answer since it depends on what mail services and what tools are being used on either end and their settings. iPhone probably has little to do with this.

It's called "read receipt". Some services/tools allows turning it on on the sending end (ie. "I want to know when this was read by recipient"), some tools/services allow turning off the sending of the receipt (ie. "I don't want people to know when/if I read their e-mail"). Microsoft Outlook and their users, imo, are big users of this "feature".

So, without specifics, that's as close as I can get to an answer.

Another day, another cheese and whine thread. Color me shocked.:rolleyes:

+1

+1

darlin , this is much more then a whine. This my lovely dear stalkers is a bitch. Tis' a blatant, bonofide full- fledged and frustrated bitch.

In this hobby many of us use throw-away phones. You would think it would not be that difficult to port a number.