Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meretrix3

Catch 22

14 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. First let say thanks. I've been reading and learning from the wonderful experienced people for some time now and this is an amazing resource. Thank you.

I feel weird asking this. It seems like something that would have been covered over and over by now, but I can't seem to find anything about it (maybe I'm just not searching for the right thing. links would be greatly appreciated).

How do I go from an unestablished "noob" to a reputable ASP?

I can't get on datecheck or P411 without reviews, but I can't get reviewed if no one sees me, and no one wants to risk it if I'm not verified.

I have read blogs and every book I can find, but no one seems to come right out with an answer (at least not that I found). I completely understand the hesitation to see a new, unreviewed provider. Rip-offs, time wasters and LE are a valid concern for both sides. What can I do exactly? I don't know any established providers personally and would never expect anyone to vouch for an unknown.

I'm just starting to get a little discouraged. please help if you can.

Getting started in ANY industry is hard. You have to get noticed and get established.

To do this, you may have to relax your screening requirements a bit. You may have to lower your prices a bit, until you earn a reputation. You may have offer "reviewer discounts".

If you're unwilling to do some of these things, you're in the wrong industry.

First welcome to the board, this is a good start.

this is a good start.

+1......and Welcome to TOB ;)

welcomesexy15.jpg

A couple things to remember:

--this is just a job like any other; if you don't feel the need to compromise your safety or integrity when doing a "straight" job, there is no reason to do it in this one.

--a majority of clients don't read/write reviews.

--hobbyists otoh, will read the reviews(and dissect them with agonizing thoroughness), and frankly, that's a whole new Catch 22...

Provide consistent, quality service, be honest in your dealings and you'll do just fine.

Getting started in ANY industry is hard. You have to get noticed and get established.

To do this, you may have to relax your screening requirements a bit. You may have to lower your prices a bit, until you earn a reputation. You may have offer "reviewer discounts".

If you're unwilling to do some of these things, you're in the wrong industry.

compromise screening to get business. hmmmmmm.

not a real sound business model.

a john giving a hooker advice on how to run her business, usually not a good idea.

Freebies to a couple clients who will review:) If you don't charge that kind be illegal. Have him buy you dinner first though! If you need a date ... just saying Good LucK!

compromise screening to get business. hmmmmmm.

not a real sound business model.

a john giving a hooker advice on how to run her business, usually not a good idea.

I didn't say "compromise", did I?

Some hookers want everything short of SSN for screening. Some are happy with just a phone number and a first name. Every provider needs to find a comfortable level, but I doubt that someone who is just starting out will have much success "getting established" if her screening reads like a top-secret security questionnaire.

Advertise on EB. A good ad and rate will get some to TOFTT. Get involved in some posts on TOB. Good luck!

I do not know what your prices are but they (Jons) will come LOL. Do not relax your screening habits its your best friend. Do you post on Backpage Screen, take time and visit the chatroom get to know the Jons.

Do not listen to the Jons for advise because they would like to pay $50.00 if they could.

Its your ass on the line Screen.

Lilithia

I do not know what your prices are but they (Jons) will come LOL. Do not relax your screening habits its your best friend. Do you post on Backpage Screen, take time and visit the chatroom get to know the Jons.

Do not listen to the Jons for advise because they would like to pay $50.00 if they could.

Its your ass on the line Screen.

Lilithia

I don't know you and I have never seen any advertising for you. as Lilithia said I don't know your prices or anything about you. you don't have an album here with pictures in it and your profile here has no link to a web site or advertising. if I don't know anything about you then why would I want to see you?

You should start with a long hard look at rule #1 from the posting rules. at least then the guys on this forum would know who you are.

http://www.theotherboard.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_post_rules

I would absolutely not lower your screening or rates with anything that you are not comfortable with. When a lady is not comfortable it comes across in her service.

Boink has given some good advise. Advertise on EB, build your profile and album here, get to know some of the folks in the chatroom. Just keep running your business, and reviews will come.

Thanks to everyone who posted advice. You have all been so helpful. Now I wish I had started posting months ago. I agree with av8r that there needs to be a balance, but no one is going to properly enjoy an appointment if one or both of us is on edge.

There is no appointment or review that could be worth risking my safety. Period.

[snip] The advice to post more, try the chat room, and website suggestions have all been wonderful and should keep my busy for the next few days.

Thank you again for all the advice.

Edited by boink36
Advertising removed.