Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest EinBier

Looks like the No.Co massage joints got taken out.

23 posts in this topic

Holy fuck. I have been to this place several times. I'm glad no one (especially me) got caught in this pathetic excuse for law enforcement action.

I ask: Does one person in all of Fort Collins or Northern Colorado feel safer now that SH Massage is shut down? They said that the employees kept to themselves. Why the hell then were they receiving "complaints"?

[snip - review material]

This is totally fucked up and a complete waste of taxpayer money.

Edited by Mace

WOW ...

I was just up there and was told the LE knows about them but doesn't bother them

It's the internet reviews that gave LE suspicion in addition to the neighbors concerns about the employees keeping to themselves and cooking in the establishments. Could be customers who didn't get what they wanted so they made up online stories to hurt the business's owners. I find it hard to believe anyone in their right mind would post these types of reviews online for a brick and mortar joint with the idea they are helping them.

I have a Chinese friend in Denver who owns a legit mp. When she had trouble with one of her employees because of attendance and let her go nasty reviews of the owner suddenly starting showing up on the web. So don't always believe what you read especially on the net.

Perhaps Fort Collins LEO and the article writer have problems with quiet neighbors and people eating their ethnic foods instead of going to McD's to get fat and slowly kill themselves. Personally I like quiet neighbors and home-cooked meals. And if Mr. Allen thinks Rubmaps is a trusted source to quite in his article it's a very sad day for journalism.

It's the internet reviews that gave LE suspicion in addition to the neighbors concerns about the employees keeping to themselves and cooking in the establishments.

Puhlease! Reviews are the least worry. The owner of a different board and his devotees are the only ones that are paranoid about this. As "smart" as they think they are re: review habits, they aren't fooling the cops: cops know what's going on, reviews or not. You advertise on ho boards, you ain't just giving massages.

The neighbors and the, not to be a total racist, really garlicky cooking seeping through thin walls of a strip mall are bigger issues.

Look at how many massage parlors don't get shut down that are out there.

Puhlease! Reviews are the least worry. The owner of a different board and his devotees are the only ones that are paranoid about this. As "smart" as they think they are re: review habits, they aren't fooling the cops: cops know what's going on, reviews or not. You advertise on ho boards, you ain't just giving massages.

The neighbors and the, not to be a total racist, really garlicky cooking seeping through thin walls of a strip mall are bigger issues.

Look at how many massage parlors don't get shut down that are out there.

All this does not change the fact that having law enforcement harass this harmless business is a shameful, pathetic, absurd, time-consuming, ridiculous, and useless waste of taxpayer money.

So much for the northern rub and tug joints, the one place smelled of fish anyway. :eek:

So much for the northern rub and tug joints, the one place smelled of fish anyway. :eek:

Not sure what you mean. There are a couple more in the northeast industrial section of Fort Collins. They are remote. Can't imagine anyone would "complain" about them, but they are there. I have been twice, but it may be time to go to the FBSM independents. Just not worth the risk now that the AMPs are on the radar.

The one I went to, actually smelled like a fish fry was going on, and that is what I am talking about.

The one I went to, actually smelled like a fish fry was going on, and that is what I am talking about.

Got it. The one I went to was definitely clean, but I won't be back. It's not just the LE risk -- it's that FBSM is mostly played out for me. Not enough affection (fantasy affection) in the whole endeavor.

Hope they didn't keep a database of customers or some people will be getting some interesting phone calls.

Hope they didn't keep a database of customers or some people will be getting some interesting phone calls.

Can't imagine how that would be possible. I always came in there with no ID. Just gave my first (phony) name to the lady and always paid cash. I even parked in the Best Buy parking lot next door so "capturing" a license plate would not even be possible.

Even if they had cameras, which they did not, I went in with hat and sunglasses. You get the picture. I suppose to the neighboring businesses it was probably all a bit shady.

Thing about this place is that it was truly "tucked" in the perfect spot. You could get in and out quickly. It was literally set back away from the other shops. It was amongst a bustling area, but somehow "apart."

It still boils my blood that my taxpayer money funded a "sting" on a harmless place that hurt no one. There are actual crimes with victims going on in FC, but they were not happening at SH Massage.

Now one thing I did do on a couple of occasions was call the main lady to set an appointment. I do suppose my number could be on her cell phone, but it was her cell phone and not the business land line phone. That was probably two calls that lasted two minutes each in the span of six months. Surely they would not check on me. Now I'm getting paranoid.

If LE did ask how my number got on her phone, I would say my phone had been lost a couple of times. No way they could prove that was not the truth. yes, I'm truly getting paranoid.

If LE did ask how my number got on her phone, I would say my phone had been lost a couple of times. No way they could prove that was not the truth. yes, I'm truly getting paranoid.

You'd be better advised to say absolutely nothing.

can the experienced folks here answer this question: are the long-established, individual/independent, well-reviewed, and discreet FBSM options in FC still safe from LE? (I am aware of two.) LE only responded due to complaints, it seems. I have been thinking the indys would be much safer and more discreet than the MPs (I haven't tried either yet), but was wondering if this recent event changes anything? Thanks.

can the experienced folks here answer this question: are the long-established, individual/independent, well-reviewed, and discreet FBSM options in FC still safe from LE? (I am aware of two.) LE only responded due to complaints, it seems. I have been thinking the indys would be much safer and more discreet than the MPs (I haven't tried either yet), but was wondering if this recent event changes anything? Thanks.

I have been to independents in FC, and I agree that they are probably much safer from LE. It's just much more low key -- no neon sign on the door with "Open" and no hint of illegality. The odds of "complaints" would have to be incredibly low.

I do think this recent event changes the landscape a little bit. It shows that FC LE are undeniably wiling to use time and money to pursue these matters. The fact that they are willing to use that time and money, as I have said, really chaps my hide.

Side question, kinda 411. I've been curious (probably no intent of ever going.) if that place in johnsons corner is a real MP, and whether it's as scary as one would imagine at a truckstop.

Side question, kinda 411. I've been curious (probably no intent of ever going.) if that place in johnsons corner is a real MP, and whether it's as scary as one would imagine at a truckstop.

I have not been there, but I suspect it is not "scary." The only thing scary about it would be the prospect of renewed LE interest in No Co.

The one I usually visited hasn't been open since this happened.

The only thing scary about it would be the prospect of renewed LE interest in No Co.

This. Very much this.

Even the indies are taking extra precautions in light of the recent drama.

Even the indies are taking extra precautions in light of the recent drama.

Yes, Ink. I saw one FC lovely lady (independent) mention "the drama" in her ad. With all the joy she has spread around, it is simply unfathomable that public money should be spent to stop such a "menace."