Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ctgiver

Attrition

9 posts in this topic

I just spent half an hour going through the member list and looking at last log on dates. We have lost a ton of providers.....is this my imagination or are others thinking that as well? I wish there was something we could do about this.

I know it's the nature of the business, however, many of these folk made great contributions to the board.

Imagination.

Lots of ASPs sign up ala "Hi! I'm Bambi! Really glad to be here! <some general thing about questions where to stay, eat, fun things to do, BTW: I'll be taking appointments at until such-and-such date". Though much of the previous would get <snip: call to action> by one of the mods.

Most are one post wonders. Yes, some longer term ladies are gone, but as stated, nature of the business: why deal with us a-holes when (even if temporary) done with the biz?

I wish there was something we could do about this.

Take these guys out of the "trick" pool:

Guys who respond to "Hello?" with "Where's your incall?"

Guys who show up and say "I know your ad says it's 150, but I only have 100"

Guys who start an appointment with "Didn't you read my P411 profile?"

Guys who are still clothed at 15 minutes into the session.

Guys who want a reference when they saw you "about 3 years ago at some hotel in the Tech Center."

Guys who smell like they smoked 12 cigarettes on the way there.

Guys who want an outcall to their east (or west) Colfax motel

Guys who ask "Are you kicking me out?" at 30 minutes past the hour

Guys who say "But it says you do in the reviews!"

Guys who say "My name is Jeff" but their voicemail says "Hi, this is John!"

Guys who ask "You don't want a bad review, do you?"

Guys who shower once a week, and don't use deodorant

Guys named Pfunk

Take these guys out of the "trick" pool:

Guys who respond to "Hello?" with "Where's your incall?"

Guys who show up and say "I know your ad says it's 150, but I only have 100"

Guys who start an appointment with "Didn't you read my P411 profile?"

Guys who are still clothed at 15 minutes into the session.

Guys who want a reference when they saw you "about 3 years ago at some hotel in the Tech Center."

Guys who smell like they smoked 12 cigarettes on the way there.

Guys who want an outcall to their east (or west) Colfax motel

Guys who ask "Are you kicking me out?" at 30 minutes past the hour

Guys who say "But it says you do in the reviews!"

Guys who say "My name is Jeff" but their voicemail says "Hi, this is John!"

Guys who ask "You don't want a bad review, do you?"

Guys who shower once a week, and don't use deodorant

Guys named Pfunk

Wow, Pfunk, it's like you have done this job too. LOL Thank gosh, the scenarios you have listed are not the norm. Most of the guys are WONDERFUL. We sure do remember the ones like you listed though.

Thanks for the chuckle.:D

I know it's the nature of the business, however, many of these folk made great contributions to the board.

As you said, it is the nature of the business and also depends on the economy and competition. There is no need for a business plan, financing, loan etc. which are typically needed to start a regular business and manage one. Providers can enter the businesses and exit from it as they wish-many retire and return to the business. From what I have seen, except for a few providers, duration of the business is a few years. I miss reading posts from some of the providers who have retired-I wish them all well and hope they are enjoying their private lives.

Maybe the number of ladies who have left this forum isn't due to retirement. Maybe it's just not worth it to participate. More often than not when I come here the only thing it does is make me angry and feel pretty terrible. Some of the misconceptions, stereotypes, flat out attacks, misogyny, and disrespect make the experience very unpleasant and pointless for us. I'm sure this post will open me up to a bunch of negativity. I'm just giving a little insight into what it feels like participating in this board some times. Obviously it's not everyone, and the intelligent, nice, funny, cool guys are the only reason I come back (and the ladies of course). It sucks that a few bad apples could turn off an important portion of the community. I'm sure it wouldn't be as much fun if it's all a bunch of dudes and no ladies commenting. Sometimes I wonder why some of the guys are even here, it's obvious they actually hate women. Or at least don't think very much of us. Are they just trolls? Or are we hear to take the brunt of an angry, bitter, resentful guy? I guess it's just not that fun sometimes. Come on Colorado, your better than that! Just saying...

Maybe the number of ladies who have left this forum isn't due to retirement. Maybe it's just not worth it to participate. More often than not when I come here the only thing it does is make me angry and feel pretty terrible. Some of the misconceptions, stereotypes, flat out attacks, misogyny, and disrespect make the experience very unpleasant and pointless for us. I'm sure this post will open me up to a bunch of negativity. I'm just giving a little insight into what it feels like participating in this board some times. Obviously it's not everyone, and the intelligent, nice, funny, cool guys are the only reason I come back (and the ladies of course). It sucks that a few bad apples could turn off an important portion of the community. I'm sure it wouldn't be as much fun if it's all a bunch of dudes and no ladies commenting. Sometimes I wonder why some of the guys are even here, it's obvious they actually hate women. Or at least don't think very much of us. Are they just trolls? Or are we hear to take the brunt of an angry, bitter, resentful guy? I guess it's just not that fun sometimes. Come on Colorado, your better than that! Just saying...

+1 Well said, many of your points are spot on..........

The majority of girls post here to drum up business. Nothing wrong with that. Trust me, these girls aren't here because of your witty repartee. They move on, drop out, get married, have a boyfriend, etc. etc. Plenty of puzzy left, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Plus, always good to have fresh talent. Things get stale otherwise.

Not to bust your chops because most of what you say is true for a few individuals who participate on this board, but over the years there has been several females who have displayed the same attributes you object to in men, hate men, hate their jobs, hate, hate, hate. Just as in any community, there are a few bad apples.

The majority of the posters (male & female) however tend to value people, in all flavors and stripes.