Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

For the Guys That Like to Text

58 posts in this topic

Just curious. Does it not bother you do not know FOR CERTAIN that you are actually texting with who you think you are texting with? You could be texting with her sister or her pimp, and not even know it. I bring this up because I read a recent review where the guy stated that the whole meeting was set up via text message and he never actually spoke with the lady that he was planning on seeing. Maybe the lady in question did not even know that she had an appointment (it was a no-show review) because she was not the one texting in the first place.

Great, now we're excusing no-shows by blaming a guy's "fat fingers".

Here's a novel concept -- if you don't want guys to text you, put "NO TEXTS PLEASE" in your advertisements.

Whoa killer, calm down. I never excused any no-shows, so I don't even know what that's all about and I never mentioned if I did or did not want guys to text me. Getting a little emotional, aren't we?

Just to clear things up for you, since you seem to be a little confused, the topic of this thread is THE RECIPIENT/RESPONDER OF CLIENT TEXT MESSAGES.

Great, now we're excusing no-shows by blaming a guy's "fat fingers".

Here's a novel concept -- if you don't want guys to text you, put "NO TEXTS PLEASE" in your advertisements.

No it doesn't bother me that I don't know for certain. I've set up many appointments through text or email only. I don't really care who I'm texting/emailing as long as the lady that opens the door is the lady in the pictures.

No it doesn't bother me that I don't know for certain. I've set up many appointments through text or email only. I don't really care who I'm texting/emailing as long as the lady that opens the door is the lady in the pictures.

Fair enough!:)

Nothing is certain till you meet FTF. Even then its iffy

Unless you've met the lady, you still might be talking with her sister...or even her mom.

I prefer email first, text 2nd, and then phone as a way set up a meet. I LOVE appt requests via P411.....which might also be answered by a pimp. Via email, I can pick up quite a bit of info about the ladies personality and education level.

While I hate the idea of pimps....there's no way to know if the ladies have one. I wish someone would publish a list.....

Just curious. Does it not bother you do not know FOR CERTAIN that you are actually texting with who you think you are texting with? You could be texting with her sister or her pimp, and not even know it. I bring this up because I read a recent review where the guy stated that the whole meeting was set up via text message and he never actually spoke with the lady that he was planning on seeing. Maybe the lady in question did not even know that she had an appointment (it was a no-show review) because she was not the one texting in the first place.

+1

About half the time, I KNOW the person answering my text isn't who I'm setting up with. As long as the our visit goes according to plan, it doesn't bother me at all. I mean, I have someone handle my calls at work, so..........??? ;)

texting2.jpg

Just curious. Does it not bother you do not know FOR CERTAIN that you are actually texting with who you think you are texting with? You could be texting with her sister or her pimp, and not even know it.

I'm an e-mail only guy so I guess the same could apply :( I'll continue take my chances as I only pursue reputable and respected ladies. Worked well thus far.

In all my years in the biz, every girl I ever knew, who was busted, told me they were texting at the time. Texting is bad IMO. LE loves to text...Never did it unless I knew the guy and saw him before.

Testing and email leave too much of a paper trail for me. On another subject I just read a thread on a different board about awkward moments. A provider set up an appointment only by text and opened the door to see a woman.

Good question.

Not to sound like a total rube, but I never really thought much about it until I considered your question. I don't think I've ever set up a meeting using only text. I suck at it. It takes me 5 minutes to punch in a word and it will probably be spelled wrong anyway.

Doesn't bother me. Even the good old days you couldn't be sure you were actually talking to the girl you were seeing. Or, you went to get a fbsm. A pretty girl openend the door, you took of your clothes, then some washed-up 40+ chick came in and said: "Hi, I'll be doing your massage today."

Ditto with texting. Until the time, she's taking off her clothes, you won't know what you're gonna get. (and even then, it could still be iffy).

At any rate, if the girl uses whatsapp, texting becomes a breeze.

LE loves to text

Concrete examples?

You're an email gal. I'm curious as to why you would think email is a safer medium than texting. Other than passing through an email server, with today's smartphones they're essentially the same.

In all my years in the biz, every girl I ever knew, who was busted, told me they were texting at the time. Texting is bad IMO. LE loves to text...Never did it unless I knew the guy and saw him before.

Velvet brings up a really good point that I did not even think about. Guys, what if you are texting with LE? Now, THAT could really be an issue. You could be showing up to a pair of handcuffs, and not the kinky ones with fur on them.

You're an email gal.

Wrong....Everyone of my ads has ALWAYS said "Email only for initial contact, then phone" It's worked perfect for 8 years. I speak to every one of them.

Lol....NOW who's spreading paranoia?

Look....as you've pointed out.....there are some risks (albeit low) associated with this hobby. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Phone conversation with a lady) Risk: She's LEO with a sexy voice. Risk mitigation: Use a burnable cell phone.

Text conversation with a (presumed) lady) Risk: LEO Again. Risk mitigation: see above.

Email conversation with a lady) Risk: As above, but now ID comes through IP tracking via any of a dozen services like "Readnotify." Risk mitigation: Use of IP spoofing tools like TOR or bootable secure devices like Ironkey.

As always....Ronaldus Magnus said it best: "Trust, but verify."

Velvet brings up a really good point that I did not even think about. Guys, what if you are texting with LE? Now, THAT could really be an issue. You could be showing up to a pair of handcuffs, and not the kinky ones with fur on them.
Edited by hgritstoo
Speeling

Think what the hell you want. It's not paranoia. Texting is a much higher percentage of danger for providers, unless they are texting with guys they have met before.

I can see this is going to turn into a pissing match, so I'm out of here...Have a nice day all.

How do I know I'm not speaking to LE? What am I missing here? How is talking better then texting when trying to determine if LE is on the other side?

I don't think email/text/phone conversation really makes a difference LE is not limited to how they contact u...they do all 3. Unless you know the person even a phone call doesn't prove you're speaking to that person. I usually answer all of my own stuff....but every once in awhile I might have a girlfriend answer my phone calls/text if I'm busy.

I don't think email/text/phone conversation really makes a difference LE is not limited to how they contact u...they do all 3. Unless you know the person even a phone call doesn't prove you're speaking to that person.

I agree - there is no system that is foolproof. Some ways of contact are safer than others though.

Guys, what if you are texting with LE?

I've been using text for the better part of 2 years and have recently been considering going to text/email only because it's so much more convenient, especially when participating in "real-life" activities. I would hope that my board presence and review track record would ease someones mind about whether or not they're talking to a cop or a pimp.

This seems like such a non-issue to me, I can't believe what a hot topic it is. My work phone is registered to a completely bogus name, so there's no tracing anything back to me in that regard. At least no more than with email or calls. And yet I've had more than one provider give me a lecture about how dangerous texting is, as if I'm playing fast and loose with my safety by text messaging, which I, personally, think is ludicrous.

How do guys know they're not speaking to or emailing with LE? There are female cops, too who may have been the one to answer the phone when you rang. What difference does texting make? Cops were making prostitution busts long before text messaging came into the game. If you're irresponsible about how you conduct business odds are you're going to get caught up in some kind of trouble regardless of what form of communication you're using.

Im really only comfortable when the first communication is done as the provider wants. No , naysayers just be quiet for a minute. If I'm calling I have already gone thru my checking process. After the first meeting, you can discuss future communication modes. Or not. Texting, which I do like, is really for future communication.

Lol....NOW who's spreading paranoia?

Im not spreading anything but my legs...:P

If you CHOOSE to be paranoid, that's on you!:o

Don't be getting your beautiful little face in a tizzy. Everybody knows your legit. :P

I've been using text for the better part of 2 years and have recently been considering going to text/email only because it's so much more convenient, especially when participating in "real-life" activities. I would hope that my board presence and review track record would ease someones mind about whether or not they're talking to a cop or a pimp.

This seems like such a non-issue to me, I can't believe what a hot topic it is. My work phone is registered to a completely bogus name, so there's no tracing anything back to me in that regard. At least no more than with email or calls. And yet I've had more than one provider give me a lecture about how dangerous texting is, as if I'm playing fast and loose with my safety by text messaging, which I, personally, think is ludicrous.

How do guys know they're not speaking to or emailing with LE? There are female cops, too who may have been the one to answer the phone when you rang. What difference does texting make? Cops were making prostitution busts long before text messaging came into the game. If you're irresponsible about how you conduct business odds are you're going to get caught up in some kind of trouble regardless of what form of communication you're using.

I agree - there is no system that is foolproof. Some ways of contact are safer than others though.

What I should have said is this - I accept texting for initial contact, but then I still require other methods of verification for screening after initial contact.

The only things that are cetain are death and taxes ;)

I much prefer email. I like to email to arrange appointments and then follow up with a phone call the day of. I really think it is inappropriate when providers take the liberty to text or sometimes call hours afterwards. I've left messages before where I would ask providers to return the call within a certain window and then get calls or texts hours outside of the window or sometimes a day or two later. Providers take note: that can cause real problems for your clients. One other point that many folks incorrectly believe. Just because you delete a text does not mean there is not a record of it, there is. I also will not do p411 because I don't want to put personal info on the internet. It doesn't matter to me that p411 is located in Canada. I just don't want to take rhe chances. Occasionally, I run into providers that will not settle for several references. They want information like real name and work phone. When asked for such personal info, the communication is quickly terminated. I know some of my comments were not on topic of texting but I think texting and discretion are connected at the hip.

I'm gonna have to side with Destiny and Velvet on this one.

I am very uncomfortable with texting only to arrange a meeting with a provider - so much so, that my hobbying phone does not include texting capability. Therefore, I don't see ladies who prefer to communicate exclusively via text message.

As Velvet says, once a working relationship between client and provider is established, then text would seem less problematic. But for me, it's P411 appointment request, email and phone interaction to arrange meetings.

As for me I've stopped allowing text from gentlemen I've never met or had conversations with in the past for a few reasons ..

Time wasters is the biggest text like crazy then not set an appointment or NC/NS

The same person would call/text/email/send communication via the sites this over kill and being all in a small time frame made it appear it was more then one person and in the end cost me time with other gentlemen who where not playing this game and to me sorry that is exactly what it was

Age you can't tell the age of someone when they text vs hearing their voice and being able to ask in a respectful way how old they are. I've had young gentlemen show up and I've turned them away because they look young and then say "I'm an adult I'm 18"

It cut into my time to get ready for appointments it cut into my time to do a lot of things honestly. I've not had a gentlemen call me countless times on his way to see me asking this or that it's done via text how ever and a 3min phone conversation vs a 10min text exchange.

While yes LE will contact how ever they see fit and whom ever they see fit it is much less work for them to take in printed text exchanges or emails then it is to have phone conversations transcribed.

When it comes to text vs email it comes down to instant gratification you are far more likely to get it from text then you are email. Who wants to sit around and wait for an email to be read if at all due to it going to spam some don't have smart phones when you can send and receive text in seconds ..

Again these are just my views due to situations with me and no one else. I'll still exchange text with the gentlemen I've seen but not gentlemen it's their first time contacting me.

Im a text girl for sure. I've said it a hundred times. A big part of it for me is that I have a slight speech impediment and I just dread talking on the phone. To the point where I just won't do it.

And like Mona mentioned, texting can be real convenient if Im out in public and don't want to have a conversation for all to hear.

As far as text vs a call being more or less safe for a provider, I guess I figure that LE could be smooth on a call too. I certainly trust my gut, but its not the ONLY thing I trust, so text or call, Im gonna go off other stuff.

The only bad things about texting that Ive run into is that sometimes the guys can be pretty short and terse. And then I have to figure out if they have a terse and unpleasant personality or if Im just dealing with an older gentleman who never got comfortable with texting and so he does the shortest messages possible.