oldertruckguy-9225

Capital Peak

6 posts in this topic

Finally!!!!!!!. Sunday Feb 18th 2024 we Summited!!!! Three aborted attempts. Weather turned us back twice. One member of our party fell two years ago and twisted a knee.

Fuck yes it was a challenge!!. Months of preparation. I would never have attempted this Peak without these four individuals.  Even in the summer.

Four of us. My forty fourth 14er. Probably my last. Me pouting. 

Most definitely my most rewarding!! Even above Mt Rainer. Yes, I am bragging. Not bad for an old fart. 

WOW !!!  Impressive and so glad you have all those 14r's under your belt.  Quite an accomplishment.  Celebrate BIG.  🎉

That’s quite an accomplishment. Congratulations!!🏆

On 2/22/2024 at 4:16 PM, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

Finally!!!!!!!. Sunday Feb 18th 2024 we Summited!!!! Three aborted attempts. Weather turned us back twice. One member of our party fell two years ago and twisted a knee.

Fuck yes it was a challenge!!. Months of preparation. I would never have attempted this Peak without these four individuals.  Even in the summer.

Most definitely my most rewarding!! Even above Mt Rainer. Yes, I am bragging. Not bad for an old fart. 

Congrats oldertruckguy!!  44 and Capital Peak no less - definitely earns the right to brag!  In February to boot!

That's awesome! I've lived in Colorado for almost 30 years and have only driven up one of them. :(

Awesome................Congratulations OTG, my hat goes off to you. Anybody that thinks you are bragging is a person that does not understand the months of preparation, the grit/sweat/mentality that it took to conquer such a grueling challenge. Well done, you make US OLD FARTS look good.........................