Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldertruckguy-9225

Hoosiers

8 posts in this topic

Flipping around and came across the movie Hoosiers. Will watch every second of that movie Hickory every time. I will get a lump in my throat and cheer for Hickory like it is real.

10 hours ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

Flipping around and came across the movie Hoosiers. Will watch every second of that movie Hickory every time. I will get a lump in my throat and cheer for Hickory like it is real.

Yep. That was a good one.

Great movie. Always liked Gene Hackman and Barbara Hershey.

3 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Barbara Hershey.

What's not to like. Major crush on her when she was in the TV western the Monroes when I was in high school. 

On 9/9/2023 at 1:01 PM, Happymon said:

What's not to like. Major crush on her when she was in the TV western the Monroes when I was in high school. 

I remember The Monroe’s.

I also her in a movie where she was wearing a towel and her male partner tossed her in a bed and the towel fell off flashing her boobs 😁

Got to be in my top five sports movies. Rudy, Hoosiers, A League Of Their own, Glory, Invincible and Brians Song. 

5 hours ago, tide32 said:

Got to be in my top five sports movies. Rudy, Hoosiers, A League Of Their own, Glory, Invincible and Brians Song. 

Good list, but "Glory"?  The civil war movie?  Or did you mean "Blades of Glory"?

"Hoosiers" is good, I always liked Dennis Hopper's arc in that movie.  But I have to admit I'm a little dissapointed that in a movie titled "Hoosiers" there was not a Bobby Knight cameo.  Maybe he could of been an assistant coach at South Bend Central.

My favourite fictional sports movie is "The Love Guru", followed by "Gus".  But I prefer sports documentaries or docudramas.

On 9/13/2023 at 6:43 PM, TML93 said:

Good list, but "Glory"?  The civil war movie?  Or did you mean "Blades of Glory"?

"Hoosiers" is good, I always liked Dennis Hopper's arc in that movie.  But I have to admit I'm a little dissapointed that in a movie titled "Hoosiers" there was not a Bobby Knight cameo.  Maybe he could of been an assistant coach at South Bend Central.

My favourite fictional sports movie is "The Love Guru", followed by "Gus".  But I prefer sports documentaries or docudramas.

Sorry about that. I meant Miracle with Curt Russell. Blades of Glory is bad. In my opinion. For the Love of the Game is another good movie.

Edited by tide32