Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big unit

Uber question

6 posts in this topic

I’m going to be in a different city for a week. No need for me to rent a car, but I would like to go three places while there. Is it an unreasonable request for the driver to take me three places? All are less than three miles from the hotel. I would absolutely tip. I need to go to a LQ, dispensary and bank.

My understanding is you would complete each portion then have to get another Uber each time.

You can build in stops now (I think up to 5). You can also reserve for a duration of time. 

As long as you have a credit card that works your golden, they charge for down time Sk beware

I drive Uber part time and you can definitely build a trip the way Audrey described.

It used to be that while we were sitting and waiting for a passenger between stops, we were only paid a minuscule 20 cents per minute. If we sat and wait 10 minutes we would only make $2.00. So while we were waiting on a passenger we were really making nothing.

Back in November Uber started what they called “upfront pricing”. What that means is that Uber calculated how long it would take to go from point A to point B and how long that would take. For a multiple stop trip, they added in a couple extra minutes for the stop to compensate drivers.

As a result of upfront pricing, we now eat less per mile and per minute then we did before.

Please keep that in mind and please tip your driver generously.

Depending on the city, you may wish to consider a ZipCar account.  Believe that it costs $9 to join, and that rates are as low $10 per hour with a daily max of $90.  I know it's not for everyone, but when I worked in D.C., I knew a lot of people who didn't want the hassle of owning a car in the city.