Hunter VanDyke

Sex workers get the monkey pox vaccine now in Colorado

12 posts in this topic

For all us elderly folks who had the smallpox vax, has anyone seen any data about the protection it provides?

There was a rumor that it might provide adequate protection…

21 hours ago, CountryGentleman said:

For all us elderly folks who had the smallpox vax, has anyone seen any data about the protection it provides?

There was a rumor that it might provide adequate protection…

Bottom line appears to be ..... maybe some protection but do not count on it.  If you are "high risk" you really should get a new vaccination.  I am going to go out on a limb and guess this opinion may change 6 times over next 6 months.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/verify/verify-monkeypox-smallpox-vaccine-protection-cdc-health/275-a5f7186d-dea4-4cd1-9100-f5808ef64d78

Colorado now has clinics set up almost every day across the front range, from Fort Collins to Pueblo.  At the university campuses too. The state has vaccinated  11,434 people so far.  The clinic locations are mid-way down the page, and they are adding new locations daily. Plus you can ask your person physician.

https://cdphe.colorado.gov/diseases-a-to-z/monkeypox-vaccine

Edited by Caressa Duval

Lady's please do your research on these pharmaceutical companies, FDA, and CDC before you allow them to put anything into your body. Not judging anyone actions, I know your hearts are in a good place trying to stay protected, but these companies have a very low percentage when it come to cures for anything. They basically have a 0% record for cures and 100% record for side effects. I care about all of you and think research before actions is critical.  I only say this because I've been on calls with advisors for these companies and the information I received is very alarming. Once these companies become publicly traded on the stock market  that means they need sick people to remain relevant. Off my soap box, I just wanna see everyone healthy.  Much Luv peeps!!

On 9/20/2022 at 6:31 PM, scottiep33 said:

Lady's please do your research on these pharmaceutical companies, FDA, and CDC before you allow them to put anything into your body. Not judging anyone actions, I know your hearts are in a good place trying to stay protected, but these companies have a very low percentage when it come to cures for anything. They basically have a 0% record for cures and 100% record for side effects. I care about all of you and think research before actions is critical.  I only say this because I've been on calls with advisors for these companies and the information I received is very alarming. Once these companies become publicly traded on the stock market  that means they need sick people to remain relevant. Off my soap box, I just wanna see everyone healthy.  Much Luv peeps!!

(Tongue in cheek) Research? Did you mean, conspiracy theories?

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/22/economy/billionaires-poverty-oxfam-davos/index.html

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

On 9/20/2022 at 0:31 PM, scottiep33 said:

Side effects from the vaccines I've taken since childhood has resulted in no side effects for almost all, and very mild side effects for one or two of them that lasted like day or two. They have however given me a lot of protection against the diseases they were administered for.  Not just protection for me but for those around me that I could have spread the diseases to.  The same goes with all my family.  But we are not anti vaxxers.  I'm just telling you all this since you care about me and want to see me healthy and I doubt you want me to change what's working for me.  This post really has nothing to do with my heart being in a good place.  I posted it because a lot of providers who are capable of making health decisions regarding their own bodies have been waiting for the vaccine, and it wasn't previously available to us.  My friend let me know it was now available (thank you again sweet girl!)  I made the post to pass that along.  Whether you or anyone else makes the same decision is not my business.  This was for providers who choose to get it.  

I wanted to wait to share my experience. I just got my first monkey pox vaccine :) It is an ANYONE can get the vaccine now. There were absolutely no questions about why I wanted the vaccine.  Just the standard name and birthday question. They don't ask any questions when you arrive too. The location I went to was also offering covid vaccines. You couldn't tell who was there to get which vaccine. It was FREE too! This is only my opinion, but I feel it is not if monkey pox will enter the hobby community, but when it will.

You do get a yellow card for proof of vaccination also. It was extremely easy, and took no time at all  :)

Edited by Caressa Duval

Thank you for sharing your experience sweet woman 🥰

On 9/30/2022 at 3:44 PM, Hunter VanDyke said:

Thank you for sharing your experience sweet woman 🥰

Not bad at all BTW. I do have a mild raised bump on the injection site today. The flu shot hit me harder. Just nice to feel I am protecting my clients :)