Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparkey600

Weekend Plans?

19 posts in this topic

Wondering what the rest of our community is going to be doing this weekend?

Me? Nothing special (just like I like it most of the time) Doing some yard work and trying to stay out of the heat.  Working on moving one of my Reef tanks so I can do a couple of home improvements in my bedroom (new carpet paint and such) If I have any energy left, well....we'll see, I'll probably be "pooped" after that.

Blesses to you all, stay safe and happy!

Not much for ne either, @sparkey600; I want to sleep in a bit and go through some of my closets, hopefully not get lost. Water and prune my flowers outside. SO many Japanes Beatles! Even though my flowers are beautiful, those beetles are back again! 😭 might cook a pot roast in the instapot? Walk my neighborhood and talk it to friends and family. 

Enjoy your cooler weekend time! 😍😍

View of my yard a bit morning glories are They are growing like crazy! Showing a gladiola and my apple tree😎 pictures taken a week ago

4F16409F-DF0E-42A6-945F-CD1C3682CD79.jpeg

64ABD783-31DF-4C02-9FE6-E28DE4B0630C.jpeg

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

Most likely work. I have a project that needs to be done. Was thinking of going to a festival but at 2 hrs drive, not sure if I want to be outside in the heat.

I may take a drive to the mountains tomorrow and take some pics.  Other than that, I plan on a quiet weekend with some reading, some napping and some TV watching.

Got to go pick up a couple of watches I had cleaned, make a trip to Supplement Giant, pick up a couple of ribeyes for me and Titus, run the sweeper, dust, give Titus a shower and take some things to good-will. Don't know what I'll do Sunday though.  

I have my first non-professional date in 6 years tonight! I’m very nervous and excited! 

3 hours ago, CallieVane said:

I have my first non-professional date in 6 years tonight! I’m very nervous and excited! 

Don't worry, you will be fine my friend.

Just be yourself. Really.

6 hours ago, tide32 said:

Got to go pick up a couple of watches I had cleaned, make a trip to Supplement Giant, pick up a couple of ribeyes for me and Titus, run the sweeper, dust, give Titus a shower and take some things to good-will. Don't know what I'll do Sunday though.  

I myself, just had a nice watch that I LOVE LOVE rebuilt. A Citizen Echo dive watch Titanium with all the bells and whistles. They aren't available for purchase anymore. Love this watch. The place I dropped it off to get it repaired didn't understand why I really wanted it repaired until they investigated it in full. Then it was "you might be the only person in the US that actually has this watch! And were stunned to realize this. Took 4 months to get it rebuilt and I'm glad that they were able to do so for sure!  Sorry, I'm kind of a watch nerd. You instigated my "nerdfullness" when I read your post! haha!

On 8/6/2022 at 0:47 AM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Not much for ne either, @sparkey600; I want to sleep in a bit and go through some of my closets, hopefully not get lost. Water and prune my flowers outside. SO many Japanes Beatles! Even though my flowers are beautiful, those beetles are back again! 😭 might cook a pot roast in the instapot? Walk my neighborhood and talk it to friends and family. 

Enjoy your cooler weekend time! 😍😍

View of my yard a bit morning glories are They are growing like crazy! Showing a gladiola and my apple tree😎 pictures taken a week ago

4F16409F-DF0E-42A6-945F-CD1C3682CD79.jpeg

64ABD783-31DF-4C02-9FE6-E28DE4B0630C.jpeg

Beautiful flowers, like you!

Home Depot sells Japanese beetle traps that work VERY WELL...I hung one up next to me grape vine two weeks ago and there must ne over a hundred beetles in it now!

26 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

Beautiful flowers, like you!

Home Depot sells Japanese beetle traps that work VERY WELL...I hung one up next to me grape vine two weeks ago and there must ne over a hundred beetles in it now!

It is not the yellow goo bag is it? They smell horrible and I didn’t have much luck! The white powder stuff also only intesfied matter with more beetles this summer! I did buy tonight one of those garden go on the hose deals. See what happens tomorrow! Just sad about it! One thing to note that’s great is those beetles don’t care for herbs and have left all of my planted herbs alone!!! 

12 hours ago, CallieVane said:

Callie, hope it went well and that you had a great time.

mine was very busy I repaired my house accessories and washed my car and did some shopping and the day just gone.:mellow:

So this is the stuff I got. I don’t believe it is safe to ingest. No I didn’t spray or even need to spray my herbal garden area. 
https://www.amazon.com/Spectracide-Triazicide-Landscapes-Concentrate-32-Ounce/dp/B002ITJH82/ref=asc_df_B002ITJH82/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198081460782&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6725919584746362256&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028789&hvtargid=pla-349327820280&psc=1 i found an image of the stuff on Amazon. What I bought was from Home Depot. If it doesn’t work? I will be sending you a message @sparkey600 😘😘

On 8/6/2022 at 6:24 PM, tide32 said:

I just recently had my favorite watch rebuilt. Citizen titanium ECO dive watch. So happy they could do it! When they got it back...took 4 months the lady at the store I went to said "I see what you mean about wanting this watch rebuilt and not just buying a new one, you might have one of the last of this kind of watches"

Yep, watch nerd amongst all of my other epic faults.

On 8/7/2022 at 1:48 AM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

It is not the yellow goo bag is it? They smell horrible and I didn’t have much luck! The white powder stuff also only intesfied matter with more beetles this summer! I did buy tonight one of those garden go on the hose deals. See what happens tomorrow! Just sad about it! One thing to note that’s great is those beetles don’t care for herbs and have left all of my planted herbs alone!!! 

No, it's just basically a plastic bag with a plastic divider and a small plastic attractant that clips on the divider.

I'll send you a pic tomorrow.

15 hours ago, Sven Hertzog said:

mine was very busy I repaired my house accessories and washed my car and did some shopping and the day just gone.:mellow:

It's funny how the week drags by, the weekends go by in a FLASH.

A good friend of mine used to say "the days are long but the years are short" Great wisdom there.

On 8/6/2022 at 9:07 PM, CallieVane said:

I hope you had a GREAT time!

15 hours ago, Sven Hertzog said:

Sounds like most of my weekends for real.

On 8/9/2022 at 9:45 AM, sparkey600 said:

It's funny how the week drags by, the weekends go by in a FLASH.

A good friend of mine used to say "the days are long but the years are short" Great wisdom there.

yes you are absolutely right and the "quote" is reality.