wallaby57

TNA Hacked??

12 posts in this topic

Received this email a few hours ago:

My name/email redacted

hi xxxxxx

as you known tnaboard.com is down, what happened?

we are a hacker team, we hack to get money.

we hack tnaboard.com and get all the data, and we offered tnaboard.com admin to pay a small amount off BTC to keep the data safe, but he refused.

now we will sell all the data on the dark web, and after that, we publish all the data online. including your data.

here is an example from the data we have about you :
xxxxxx
xxxxxx@gmail.com

joindate : 2015-10-22T20:14:06Z
02-05-1965
Colorado
region : west

Yikes!!!

This sounds like the scam emails I receive every so often at work.

A question you have to ask yourself…is the information they provided as proof accurate?

If it is, I’m surprised they didn’t demand any payment from you to keep your information secret.

9 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

This sounds like the scam emails I receive every so often at work.

A question you have to ask yourself…is the information they provided as proof accurate?

If it is, I’m surprised they didn’t demand any payment from you to keep your information secret.

It was accurate - hopefully my PW was hashed;  however given the original hack - I don't have much confidence in TNA's security.  Thankfully only used the board for browsing. 

I did hear they got hacked .But I've not received any emails about it 

I went on Seattle  ECCIE -- and posted about it and got back it been hacked , Now I  don't know any more info that that .

I saw some talk about it regarding how they were trying to roll back to the June 12 backup but have been unsuccessful. This should all be fairly trivial from a technical standpoint so given that they're still down tells me that perhaps they were seriously hacked.

Edited by lustybustygina

4 hours ago, wallaby57 said:

It was accurate - hopefully my PW was hashed;  however given the original hack - I don't have much confidence in TNA's security.  Thankfully only used the board for browsing. 

That sucks.

It’s good you only used it for browsing.

I’ve  browsed TNA, but don’t think I’ve ever signed up.  

4 hours ago, lustybustygina said:

I did hear they got hacked .But I've not received any emails about it 

I went on Seattle  ECCIE -- and posted about it and got back it been hacked , Now I  don't know any more info that that .

I saw some talk about it regarding how they were trying to roll back to the June 12 backup but have been unsuccessful. This should all be fairly trivial from a technical standpoint so given that they're still down tells me that perhaps they were seriously hacked.

My 2 web sites for work got hacked a couple years ago.  Took about 5-6 weeks to get everything back to normal.

I would up having another web site created quickly to keep a presence on the internet.

I was set this on ECCIE after I post about TNA 

I am a member of TNA for over a year. Never saw anyone on there. Never messaged any ladies.

I created the account because I was gonna travel to West coast and never did.

I used an alias name. The name under my TNA account is not my real name, it's made up. It's a free account. There is no payment information stored.

The email address is a throwaway email address I created just to join TNA.

I check this email address sporadically once a month.

There are no past emails in my email address except for a couple from TNA admin: welcome to TNA and one from months ago telling me about some new feature.

Today I decided to just check that email address and there is an email sent from leak@tnaboard.com

saying they are the ones that hacked TNA, as you being a member of TNA you have noticed TNA been down

NO I HAVEN'T NOTICED, the last time I even went to TNA was at least 5 months ago.

There is a link in this email and it's telling me to click on it and it will take me to some cryptocurrency site where I can buy $200 worth and it will send that $ to them.

If I don't do it by 7/5, it will leak all my information, name, address (there is none), phone #, every message I ever sent and received in my TNA account, to some site online

and they also threatened to send that information to my friends and family (good luck finding them, I used a French name so they are looking in France) and post it on my Facebook and Twitter and other social media accounts, which I don't have and there are none listed under my TNA account profile.

I deleted that email, didn't reply to it, didn't click on the link.

Also every time I log into TNA or on here, I use a paid VPN and several other security measures and they changes every time several times a day .[/QUOTE]

So....I'll address the elephant in the room: What's to prevent this from happening here?

It can happen on any site at this point with all sites that been hacked 

29 minutes ago, sb1212 said:

So....I'll address the elephant in the room: What's to prevent this from happening here?

Only providers are required to submit their real world information to be on here.  What are they going to hack? 

TNA has been attacked many times in recent times. Looks like this one is at another level.....

I've been active on TNA as long as I've been active on TOB. Me being single, I would laugh at someone trying to blackmail me! I believe most of my personal data is concealed and private. Even so, there is no one to really report who I am. I suppose L.E. would be the only consequence. But if there was any truth to bribery. These douch bags holding TNA hostage aren't looking to go that direction. 

I have reached out to a few that are friends. They are just weathering the storm. We are assuming it'll be back up. Also most people I know are on twitter. So this hasn't completely stopped them with their active lifestyle......