Hazel Hayes VIP

When is it better to visit Colorado July or Aug?

9 posts in this topic

Trying to decide when I should head over again Escape the summer heat in Vegas..what's there to do in summer there? Only been in spring time...

Hugs HAZEL Hayes 

Thanks for any information 

Summer is nice time to visit ,but you never know when the weather will change lol One day sunny next day snow :o

July is better IMO.  In August business can drop, because of spending for back to school supplies, tuition, and adjusting families to the new routine. The last 2 weeks in August you will bleed money for hotels depending where you are. The hotel rates jump outrageous during move-in weeks at the university areas, and will sell out. Hope this helps :)

Edited by Caressa Duval

The last week of July Denver tends to get a monsoon and the temps may drop to the upper 60’s or lower 70’s for a high.

But then again we may see a 100 degree day or 2.

You never know here what the weather will be. But sun is usually around the corner.

As far as the business climate goes, I’d suggest you listen to the ladies and their experiences and suggestions.

If you like to be out doors, in addition to hiking and sightseeing, several of the ski resort have fun things to do like alpine slides.  Good day trips if you have time.  

I can't speak for the business aspect... However for pure enjoyment and outdoor recreation (high alpine hiking, mtn biking, fly fishing, etc - pick one) August rocks.

Specifically, that time from when Monsoon ends, until when the snow flies is my absolute fave time of year in CO. Warm, days. Cool nights, stable weather.  During monsoon the afternoons tend to get humid, hot, and iyt may rain where you are - or you can see it raining 10 miles away, but not drop hits you.  If you are into outdoor activities those afternoon thunderstorms can make life very sporty if you are huddled under a rock somewhere with lightning dropping all around you.

Safe travels.

Not April or early May. It's too damn windy! :-) Any time in the summer is good. Just find your way up into the mountains. When it's hot in the city, head for the mountains! ;-)

5 hours ago, mountainman4u72 said:

Not April or early May. It's too damn windy! :-) Any time in the summer is good. Just find your way up into the mountains. When it's hot in the city, head for the mountains! ;-)

Typically 10 degrees cooler in the mountains...at least where I used to live at it was.

Edited by ilovewomen