skinnydud

chocolate, I never had it & I've been craving it!

40 posts in this topic

I find reading the original post rather offensive.  Perhaps the big issues is you consider a woman as "Chocolate" (are other vanilla? Cinnamon? etc...).  Maybe refer to her as a beautiful woman of African decent or perhaps even "Exotic" compared to your norm.  But calling a Black woman "Chocolate" is probably not the best way to start.  

Even terms like 'exotic' are offensive to most of the black/brown women friends I know.  just my extra $0.01.

1 hour ago, Phil-anderer said:

Even terms like 'exotic' are offensive to most of the black/brown women friends I know.  just my extra $0.01.

Interesting, I had not heard that one before.  I will have to ask some of my friends, and my EX.

5 hours ago, Phil-anderer said:

Touchy. I guess you never know. Now you have to make sure to address as she/her/hers …..if correct, but don’t forget to ask 🙂

well, I was trying to avoid responding to all the drama my post raised. with good intentions and to avoid all this drama, I have chosen to use the word that some people find offensive, yet it is used all over the place and the girls actually use it more than the guys. So Black is considered racist. people from africa that i know, dont like to be labeled  african american because they prefer african  and proud of it that it does not need to be assciated with american  in their opinion. exotic not a lot of people like that label either. I can go on and on and on but I will not be able to satisfy those that feel disgusted by the term chocolate ... yes you! 

the girl I posted about insists that she is chocolate and a very tasty chocolate. it does not apply to everyone, don't be offeneded as only those that consider themselves HQ chocolate and proud to be reach it without feeling offended. 

another reason you cannot say that am racist, you do not even know the hell I am to judge me or judge anyone I could be made of chocolate too some kond of it somewhere in the world. the post was respectful as far as a lot of people see it. I did not break any rules and If I  did, I will apologize for my mistakes. 

ler me tell you a little story. I was at a bar downtown and some customer were so pissed at this white coktail waitress ... they got mad asked for the manager and then made claims in front of her that she is racist. the girl cried as she pulled her phone in front of everyone and pulled pictures of her family. her mother was white and her BIO dad was African and so was the rest of her family. she just came out to her mom with blonde hair and green eyes  ... it was embarassing that the just wanted to get free drinks  ... 

dont jump to  judge people ... if you are digusted it probably you have personal issues and you keep spreading them around. 

$.02

now can some one please close this thread. my chocolate coworker  will not get into my bed. I like my job  and I will protect my fam from any flings that might mess up everything I work for. 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND END OF YEAR EVERYONE! THANKS TO THOSE FULL OF POSITIVITY

20 hours ago, skinnydud said:

well, I was trying to avoid responding to all the drama my post raised. with good intentions and to avoid all this drama, I have chosen to use the word that some people find offensive, yet it is used all over the place and the girls actually use it more than the guys. So Black is considered racist. people from africa that i know, dont like to be labeled  african american because they prefer african  and proud of it that it does not need to be assciated with american  in their opinion. exotic not a lot of people like that label either. I can go on and on and on but I will not be able to satisfy those that feel disgusted by the term chocolate ... yes you! 

the girl I posted about insists that she is chocolate and a very tasty chocolate. it does not apply to everyone, don't be offeneded as only those that consider themselves HQ chocolate and proud to be reach it without feeling offended. 

another reason you cannot say that am racist, you do not even know the hell I am to judge me or judge anyone I could be made of chocolate too some kond of it somewhere in the world. the post was respectful as far as a lot of people see it. I did not break any rules and If I  did, I will apologize for my mistakes. 

ler me tell you a little story. I was at a bar downtown and some customer were so pissed at this white coktail waitress ... they got mad asked for the manager and then made claims in front of her that she is racist. the girl cried as she pulled her phone in front of everyone and pulled pictures of her family. her mother was white and her BIO dad was African and so was the rest of her family. she just came out to her mom with blonde hair and green eyes  ... it was embarassing that the just wanted to get free drinks  ... 

dont jump to  judge people ... if you are digusted it probably you have personal issues and you keep spreading them around. 

$.02

now can some one please close this thread. my chocolate coworker  will not get into my bed. I like my job  and I will protect my fam from any flings that might mess up everything I work for. 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND END OF YEAR EVERYONE! THANKS TO THOSE FULL OF POSITIVITY

Well Said!!!!!!

First, I don't think anyone called you a racist.  And thanks for your defense of 'not being racist', but guess what?  People say and do racist things, often unintentionally and without malice (but often not, as well), and it's OK to get called out on them.  Grow from it and move on, or stick to your guns and triple-down on 'But I'm NOT a racist'.  The latter isn't a good look.

Edited by Phil-anderer

6 hours ago, Phil-anderer said:

First, I don't think anyone called you a racist.  And thanks for your defense of 'not being racist', but guess what?  People say and do racist things, often unintentionally and without malice (but often not, as well), and it's OK to get called out on them.  Grow from it and move on, or stick to your guns and triple-down on 'But I'm NOT a racist'.  The latter isn't a good look.

I did not say that someone Called me racist ( but when people keep saying things  like what I read as replies, they DO NOT HAVE TO USE THE WORD) you can read my reply again ... there is not much for me to hide  between the lines. I say it as it is. some people are just sick and that sickness will stick to unless they decide to grow up and not refer to things indirectly. 

Skinnydud. I met my wife at work. We worked in a department store and worked in different departments and I never noticed her she really wasn’t my type. Then her brother and I started going to car shows and working on cars together and one night he didn’t want to go and hang out at a car show so I ask his sister if she wanted to go to Eliches and we have been married for 31 years. Some statistics say that almost half of the married people meet at work so I would go for it. I know a lot of couples that meet at work and have been married for over 20 years so it does work.