Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LoveLayla

The Mountains, Resort Recommendations

18 posts in this topic

Im thinking on my next trip to Colorado I’ll be staying in the mountains. What are some good resorts to stay at? Possibly All-inclusive ones. And can I drive my Dodge Charger in the mountains or what kind of car should I rent? 

thanks!! 

Where in the mountains? The Grand Hyatt in Vail is fabulous.  Right up against the mountain, spa, gym, outdoor fireplaces and hot tub,  valet park. Dont know about all-inclusive. I would recommend parking your Charger and getting an all wheel or at least front wheel drive vehicle. 

Depending on the time of year, your charger is fine.  If it is end of November and through the winter months, weather can change fast.  that is when your charger might give you issues if you are not use to driving on slippery roads.  As for  "all inclusive"  I do not know of any resorts here that offer that specifically.

Colorado has traction laws, meaning that you either have to have a 4 wheel drive or if a rear wheel car...chains.

On 10/4/2021 at 11:29 AM, LoveLayla said:

Im thinking on my next trip to Colorado I’ll be staying in the mountains. What are some good resorts to stay at? Possibly All-inclusive ones. And can I drive my Dodge Charger in the mountains or what kind of car should I rent? 

thanks!! 

Ok, so I’m a MOPAR girl. Is it the wide body AWD Charger? If not, you’ll probably be ok if the roads are dry. Not a resort…, but Glenwood is fab in the fall and winter. The hot spring caverns are spectacular, and massage  services are wonderful. Have a good trip girly! If you have questions around safety, where to stay etc, feel free to reach out.,

3 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Ok, so I’m a MOPAR girl. Is it the wide body AWD Charger? If not, you’ll probably be ok if the roads are dry. Not a resort…, but Glenwood is fab in the fall and winter. The hot spring caverns are spectacular, and massage  services are wonderful. Have a good trip girly! If you have questions around safety, where to stay etc, feel free to reach out.,

Sooooo would you be impressed IF I told you I had a numbers matching Hemi 'Cuda?????

5 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Yessss love a MOPAR girl. And Nope I have a 14’ SE mid-size and I just put on new tires too, I’ll make sure the roads are dry when I go up there. & I’ll check out Glenwood, and I’ve always wanted to go to a hot springs thank you for the suggestion! 

6 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Colorado has traction laws, meaning that you either have to have a 4 wheel drive or if a rear wheel car...chains.

How do I know if my car is 4-wheel drive? 

10 hours ago, leigeois said:

Depending on the time of year, your charger is fine.  If it is end of November and through the winter months, weather can change fast.  that is when your charger might give you issues if you are not use to driving on slippery roads.  As for  "all inclusive"  I do not know of any resorts here that offer that specifically.

I planning for end of October or beginning of November

On 10/5/2021 at 10:02 AM, sb1212 said:

Where in the mountains? The Grand Hyatt in Vail is fabulous.  Right up against the mountain, spa, gym, outdoor fireplaces and hot tub,  valet park. Dont know about all-inclusive. I would recommend parking your Charger and getting an all wheel or at least front wheel drive vehicle. 

Omggg yes I definitely gonna check out Vail. That outdoor hot tub sounds fun! What vehicle is all wheel drive? Like a jeep? 

3 hours ago, mustang said:

Sooooo would you be impressed IF I told you I had a numbers matching Hemi 'Cuda?????

You’re my hero!!!  Do you show it? Maybe we’ve been at the same shows.

3 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

You’re my hero!!!  Do you show it? Maybe we’ve been at the same shows.

used to.  It is lime green with a black top.  I stopped shoing it or any of my other vehicoes when an unsupervised kid ran his hot wheels car down the right side of the car.  Did $4,500.00 + in damages and the folks nextr to me would not let me kill him. lol.

Edited by mustang
grammer

13 hours ago, LoveLayla said:

Omggg yes I definitely gonna check out Vail. That outdoor hot tub sounds fun! What vehicle is all wheel drive? Like a jeep? 

End of October, beginning on November you will be fine with your vehicle.  There could be snow, but it will melt off the roads fast that time of year.

14 hours ago, LoveLayla said:

How do I know if my car is 4-wheel drive? 

A Dodge Charger is not 4 wheel drive or front wheel drive.

As long as it isn't snowing you'll be good.

6 hours ago, LoveLayla said:

Your Charger is not 4WD. Many cars are all wheel drive, especially SUVs. If yiu rent, you can request AWD. Some vehicles (Jeep, many trucks) are 2WD but can be shifted to 4WD as needed. 

Thank you everyone! Definitely going to make sure roads are dry when I do go. If it’s not I’ll get rental ☺️

On 10/7/2021 at 7:14 AM, ilovewomen said:

A Dodge Charger is not 4 wheel drive or front wheel drive.

As long as it isn't snowing you'll be good.

There is an AWD model😉

22 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

There is an AWD model😉

I didn’t know that. Thanks for letting us know.

I just visited Pagosa Hot Springs resort for a week and it was breathtaking!! I plan to go back very soon!