Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nookie Monster

Missed Appointment with a lady

11 posts in this topic

I planed a romantic encounter with an adorable lady who I have met with in the past.  I booked an outcall appointment to my hotel a few days in advance and advised the lady of the location. The morning of, the lady called to confirm our appointment and informed me that she also booked a room at a nearby location. I decided against proceeding with the appointment and offered full compensation. The lady simply said okay then don’t schedule with me again and will not respond to any of my attempts to communicate. As much as I hate having someone mad at me, I was particularly sad in this instance because I really enjoy this gal, from what I know of her she is a sweet and compassionate lady, and generally very well thought of here at TOB  

I'm hoping she will forgive me, but at the very least by fulfilling my obligation. I feel it is the gentlemanly gesture and genuinely desire to make things right with this lady.  All I have is her number so my options are limited. I also can  understand why she wouldn’t want to chance scheduling additional time...

After struggling with this for two weeks I thought I would post to request any suggestions I sincerely want to make this right for her, at the very least.

Thanks in advance for your input!!

Did she incur costs for the hotel? Given the information available it seems odd that she would go completely dark. I get the sense that there may be more to the story here....

I appreciate that perspective and I agree it’s strange she went “dark” - honestly she probably has just blocked me at this point.  She is active almost every day here.  I have beat myself up trying to figure out the intensity behind her response: it really surprised me given her reputation and sweetness. 

Regarding the location:

1) We agreed and even prefaced the meeting on me securing the location.  She said just let me know where I am going and I immediately texted her the address two days in advance of our scheduled date. The location was specifically chosen in an effort to make it easiest on this lady. 
2) We  scheduled an evening appointment and she posted all day for incalls at  her location. 
I don’t mean to belabor the semantics but I am trying to give an honest accounting; I really just want to make it right for her  

The only other thing that comes to mind is we have not had schedules that allow us to connect as much as I would like. Many inquiries but never success. We did finally have one confirmed appointment a while back; she was running terribly behind (if I recall she was going to be over an hour late) and was going to have a long drive ahead of her. She said I was her only appointment that day. Trying to be considerate of her time and energy in driving that distance through traffic I told her we would reschedule. 

I really wonder if she is taking my attempts to be considerate of her as backing out!!  I would like nothing more than to see her!!! I can only hope it’s a misunderstanding that I can explain to her and she will forgive me. But make no mistake this last one was all me which is why I am determined to make it right.

You booked an appointment, in advance. You cancelled the day of the appointment. 

She sees you as a flake, whom she can't trust, and I agree with her. 

Leave her alone, and move on.

WHY did you decide to cancel?

You say you offered to compensate her for the appointment time.  That's the least you could do.

Did you expect her to sit around all day doing nothing until it was time for your appointment?

It seems very strange to me that you decided to cancel.

If you expected to be her only appointment for the day, you should re-evaluate your expectations.

Us ladies have a very short tolerance for scheduling and changes. If this has happened multiple times between you and her, you are best to move on. 

10 hours ago, Kandi Apple said:

Us ladies have a very short tolerance for scheduling and changes. If this has happened multiple times between you and her, you are best to move on. 

Ladies Do not have a corner on that market. That being said, I get the feeling that the o.p is not providing all the details.  I could be wrong about that, but if he indeed offered and paid the cancel penalty, there would not be any good reason for the lady in question to ignore him.  Did I miss something?? 

23 hours ago, pfunk said:

You booked an appointment, in advance. You cancelled the day of the appointment. 

She sees you as a flake, whom she can't trust, and I agree with her. 

Leave her alone, and move on.

For the record: I booked outcall in advance, she changes to incall the day of the appointment, I cancel, I offered full compensation, and I am a flake??  What flavor Kool-Aid is that?

Prior to this, when I have used this lady for a reference, those ladies I have seen tell me I was described as “golden”.  Not sure why she wanted the last-minute change, but I sensed something was off.  I can imagine scenarios and perspectives that are not flattering. I don’t want to be remotely associated with any of that.  I want all of us to feel safe.  At this point I was kinda FUBARed.  Best to cancel. I am out the room, the gifts and all the time planning to make this more than just the average appointment. 

Notwithstanding your insult, I do believe moving on is sage advice.  I sense there is more to your post than a casual observer.

Ilovewomen: I never requested to be the only appointment for the day.  If that was my desire I would have requested the whole day.  On the contrary, I requested to be the last.  I asked for her preferred time and location in city “A” as she shared that she pass through this location on her commute.  I am also in close proximity to city “A”, so this seemed to me to be a logical location.  

Mustang:  I’ve been as objective as I can, however there are always two sides to every story: I would love to hear her perspective and it would be wonderful to discover this was just a misunderstanding; probably not in the cards, but there is always a chance.  Because let’s be honest, given her initial response that wasn’t going to happen.  The compensation was not made. I was asking for secure vehicles to affecting compensation that are acceptable to the ladies. That’s all!

In hindsight, posting to solicit advice has been a mistake. Apologies to the community. Thank you all for your input

4 hours ago, Nookie Monster said:

For the record: I booked outcall in advance, she changes to incall the day of the appointment, I cancel, I offered full compensation, and I am a flake??  What flavor Kool-Aid is that?

I misunderstood. I hadn't realized that she changed the appointment to incall, from outcall. I assumed the room she booked was for other appointments, rather than yours.

I'm surprised she wasn't willing to go ahead with the original outcall appointment. 

I apologize for calling you a flake. It seems she decided incall was her mode for the day, and that wasn't your preference. No idea why she wouldn't accept compensation, and blocked you. That's seems silly.

It's sad that you, and her, were not able to get together. Best of luck in the future!

You never said she changed your scheduled appointment to incall.  Can I assume you told her that you wanted the appointment as an outcall as originally agreed upon and when she said she wanted it incall, you declined and then offered to compensate her fully?

BTW, why were you not willing to do an incall?

It seems likely that maybe she might have have more appointments that afternoon/evening. So leaving her location to drive to you,  might have put her behind or cost her more than she would have made from you.

If you had booked an outcall in advance, then you had every right to cancel. After all,  you are the customer. You should get what you wanted to pay for. Did she offer a lower donation for you to drive to her?  It doesn't sound like it. The fact you were willing to give her compensation, even though she was the one who changed the parameters of the appointment,  says a lot.

If she sees this, then maybe she might contact you and straighten this out. We are all adults and should act as such.  If she doesn't and you are still blocked, it is her loss.