Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2Big

The Dixie Chicks Are Now Just The Chicks

12 posts in this topic

I hope this causes another feud with Toby Keith.

9 hours ago, Long Time said:

I hope this causes another feud with Toby Keith.

I had no clue what you were talking about. I had to look it up. 😂😂😂

Well at their current ages, they need to drop the Chicks too:D

I knew about the feud but after watching that video I know less.  Sorry but that was terrible.

32 minutes ago, Long Time said:

I knew about the feud but after watching that video I know less.  Sorry but that was terrible.

It wasn't supposed to be a teaching moment. It was supposed to be funny.  It was ridiculous as most feuds are.  You'll need to do more research if you really want to get to the bottom of it. 😋

LOL I wasn't faulting you for it hun, I just hated the narration.  Like on a visceral to my core track down the guy who made the video and give him a wedgie sort of level! :D

You might think it silly now but the feud was post-911 and kind of hallmarked the divide that would grow into what we have today.  Elon can't get us to Mars fast enough if you ask me.

Edited by Long Time

2 hours ago, Long Time said:

You might think it silly now but the feud was post-911 and kind of hallmarked the divide that would grow into what we have today. 

The fault line was always there, but IMHO it started to gape early Clinton w/ talk radio and MSM spreading their various disinformation.  Then came social media and assorted echo chambers.  Prior to that the likes of O’Neil and Reagan could (and did!) reach across the aisle to get things done for the good of the country.  Now gawd forbid you should do anything favorable for the loyal opposition.

Edited by Bit Banger

27 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

The fault line was always there, but IMHO it started to gape early Clinton w/ talk radio and MSM spreading their various disinformation.  Then came social media and assorted echo chambers.  Prior to that the likes of O’Neil and Reagan could (and did!) reach across the aisle to get things done for the good of the country.  Now gawd forbid you should do anything favorable for the loyal opposition.

Nope.  It started early Bush the elder (1988) with Rush Limbaugh and his at the start largely satirical bs that righties took as serious and a whole industry was born.  Rush militarized his message and became famous due to the easy target Clinton provided with all his "bimbo eruptions" plus whitewater etc.  But pure unadulterated disinformation has always been the home of the right.  Soon to follow were Hannity, Fox News, etc. and now the fully malignant Alex Jones, One America News, etc. Yes, the left tried with Franken and others but the ratings were abysmal and their shows were cancelled.  And would all you dedicated righties please quit with the cut and paste "MSM" when you mean "MSN" lol.  Reagan was a pathetic, sleeping joke and only lucked out because the Soviets went bankrupt first ..... barely.  He like the orange plague was erroneously credited with economy and spending blah, blah and became Saint Ronnie.  Reality was he created enormous deficits, tax breaks to rich, the first amnesty to illegals, blatantly illegal arms deals with Iran to fund the illegal war in Nicaragua to support the CIA's cocaine import business.  And Colorado's economy for those who may have forgotten went totally into the shitter during the "boom" of Reagan.

3 hours ago, Long Time said:

If I remember correctly the "Chicks" did not like several of Bush the Younger's policies but chose the unacceptable option of trashing him to a concert crowd in Europe and said "we" were ashamed.  Country music predictably (understandably) was not amused and Keith and others penned uber patriotic tunes to ride the wave.  Ms. Mayne (sp?) trashed his song as stupid and juvenile (Pulitzer material it wasn't) in return for his trashing the "Chicks" and the feud was on. The Chicks tanked and he got rich.

5 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Nope.  It started early Bush the elder (1988) with Rush Limbaugh and his at the start largely satirical bs that righties took as serious and a whole industry was born.  ...

My ‘early Clinton’ was referencing Rush, who I didn’t notice until the Clintons were in office.  You’re probably correct that it started late in Bush the Elder’s term.

“Main Stream News” vs.”Main Stream Media”, is there really a distinction?

And as for all the lies being distributed by the Right, let’s not forget Dan Rather, or some of the ‘news’ spouted by CNN or the other networks,  Fox does not have an exclusive on talking to the echo chamber.