Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lowboy

RIP: Charlie Daniels

9 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, lowboy said:

2020 is really getting on my nerves. First John Prine and now Charlie Daniels...

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2020/07/06/charlie-daniels-country-music-dies/5384087002/

Johnny said, "Devil, just come on back if you ever wanna try again. I done told you once--you son of a bitch--I'm the best there's ever been." And he played: ~ Charlie Daniels

_______________________ I loved his music....

Met Charlie Daniels just months before "Devil Went Down To Georgia" came out,when I went to Nashville .He was playing a showcase that night and was very nice to everyone.  (crowd of about 100 in a small venue ) . He sure did come a long way from being a sideman for Bob Dyan in his career.

1 hour ago, JRWolfe said:

... He sure did come a long way from being a sideman for Bob Dyan in his career.

Everybody starts someplace.  Ever see photos of a clean cut Willie Nelson when he was ecking out a living as a song writer in a Nashville garage?

Edited by Bit Banger

38 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Ever see photos of a clean cut Willie Nelson when he was ecking out a living as a song writer in a Nashville garage?

Yes, even have some of his very ,very early lps that had him clean shaven and wearing a suit and tie on the cover.

Such a loss...a really great man.

Lowboy, 

My son would often see him (Charlie Daniels) while living in the 4 corners area. My son is a musician (much like you).It would be  at one of the local music stores he frequented and they might  play a song together or talk a bit. Sad to hear of his passing.

I sure hope you’re enjoying your summer and all is well for you!❤️❤️

On 7/6/2020 at 5:21 PM, lowboy said:

2020 is really getting on my nerves. First John Prine and now Charlie Daniels...

Amen.