Bit Banger

Memorial Day

8 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

A reminder about the history of Memorial Day.  It is not a day celebrating a great victory like Armistice(Veterans) Day in November.  It is not a holiday celebrating the birth of our nation with the concept of freedom.  Nor is it religious in nature.
It began as the families of those fallen during our Civil War gathered to honor the loved ones who sacrificed their lives for what they felt was right.  A rejoining of the nation after a conflict which pitted brother against brother, agrarian South versus the industrial North.
Since then the tradition of remembering our fallen heroes has been extended to all who died in service of our country.

May they Rest In Peace.

Unfortunately there are so many to honor their bravery and sacrifice is what has kept us as free as we are. All are special some are personal keep them tucked away a special place in your heart but celebrate them loudly at every opportunity

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 freedom is not free, it is paid in the blood of the bravest men and women.  May, their lives be celebrated everyday. 

Well said Bit, I always go visit my Dad's site on this day every year at Ft Logan, tradition...

🙏. 🇺🇲

59 minutes ago, johnnybgood said:

Well said Bit, I always go visit my Dad's site on this day every year at Ft Logan, tradition...

🙏. 🇺🇲

I hope they were able to place flags on each grave.  I am very overdue for a visit.😢😢

1 hour ago, Raine-7379 said:

I hope they were able to place flags on each grave.  I am very overdue for a visit.😢😢

Unfortunately from what I hear, no flags on graves this year thanks to the shitty virus.

An excellent reminder of what Memorial Day ( originally Decoration  Day) is meant to remember.  Thanks