sb1212

MIA.....until now.

7 posts in this topic

I have noticed (not a scientific analysis) that there seems to be a number of providers posting recently who were absent for a period of time.  I am curious about the reasons. Regular job not providing enough support? Time on their hands? Something else? 

Everyone has different life circumstances and life hasn't stopped...just been placed on pause.  When the play button is hit all the bill forgiveness will at that time end.

Just a wild guess...Like millions of other people, they were laid off, and are returning here in hopes of covering expenses, until they get recalled.

As I said, it's a wild guess. :confused:

Job security. I mean, SO many people have been laid off. I know so many ladies who became bartenders and retired...imagine how that job title measures up right now. 

On 4/16/2020 at 10:27 AM, pfunk said:

Just a wild guess...Like millions of other people, they were laid off, and are returning here in hopes of covering expenses, until they get recalled.

As I said, it's a wild guess. :confused:

And it’s not just here. The service industry is really suffering. The folks I know who work in taverns are really hurting right now. This will have dire and unforeseeable repercussions on our economy. Just because the lockdown gets lifted doesn’t mean the unemployment rate won’t still be affected by this damage. I had to notify my realtor to stop texting me with offers. I’m waiting to see if the housing market tanks again like it did in ‘08. Sounds selfish to wait to jump in with the rest of the vultures but, it is what is. 
Sad, but make what you can of it and keep your eyes open, pointed forward.

1 hour ago, Vassago said:

. I had to notify my realtor to stop texting me with offers. I’m waiting to see if the housing market tanks again like it did in ‘08. .

Are you looking to buy or sell?

I was planning to put my place in Denver on the market this summer.  The carrying costs are getting too high for the short time I’m there. But now ???🥴

Don’t worry, I plan on keeping my mountain place 😁

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Are you looking to buy or sell?

I was planning to put my place in Denver on the market this summer.  The carrying costs are getting too high for the short time I’m there. But now ???🥴

Don’t worry, I plan on keeping my mountain place 😁

Buy. It’s just funny that I didn’t hear or see a peep from these people in months (I was deliberately holding out for reasons that predated the pandemic) and now all of a sudden I get copious texts asking me what my price range is. I thought I’d already given that to them months ago. I smell panic.

Edited by Vassago