Laci French

Self care ❤...what is that to you?

40 posts in this topic

Just now, Laci French said:

I hear it has to happen with fire and liquor.

Playing with fire while drinking😳😳

On 3/1/2020 at 9:56 PM, SixtiesDude said:

I have learned to turn off my phone. Was hard to do the first time. But amazingly, the world did not stop turning and the sun came up the next morning. I am now occasionally even leaving my cell at home when i go out with my friends. I had no idea how much my phone controlled me. The realization that I control my phone has been mentally freeing.

Seems I've been forgetting to take my phone with me when I'm running errands. Kinda spooky the first time. Then it was F**k it! I don't need no stinkin' phone.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:58 PM, Bit Banger said:

Music

I’ll sit down & play some classical guitar or strum&sing some folk tunes 

It's folk or bluegrass for me, but I'm right there with you brother!

Personal and professional goal setting and then actually taking steps to reach those goals.  Reading more, gives you downtime from the world and some quiet to enjoy.  Learning something new and exposing yourself and spending time with people who have a positive outlook on life.  Remove the toxic and negative people from your life, they bring nothing you need.  Go outside and explore, exercise or take up a new hobby that requires some thought or creativity.  

On 3/2/2020 at 9:17 AM, BadBoy said:

Jump out of airplanes.

I want to do that and I want to get into motorized paragliding. 

15 hours ago, SixtiesDude said:

I swear Vassago, one of these days I hope to understand your posts. I obviously need to expand my horizons of literacy. 

Or switch to psychedelics. 

You guys are way too esoteric for me. Self care = 90 minutes with my ATF.  Shower, massage, BBBJ, MPFS. Rinse and repeat...😁

7 hours ago, sb1212 said:

You guys are way too esoteric for me. Self care = 90 minutes with my ATF.  Shower, massage, BBBJ, MPFS. Rinse and repeat...😁

I suspect we'd all agree with you! This thread is "other" ways to "self care". :)

What works for one person may not work for another person. For me I reread my favorite book took the time to sit down be myself and read it. Then I started physical activity a little bit at a time. Within 30 to 60 days I was running 5K runs. I hope you find your place.

On 3/2/2020 at 7:56 PM, Elle Blake said:

I just watched The Holy Grail for the first time last week... I thought that was so stupid!  Until the next day I started laughing out loud about the coconuts!!!!

My favorite line was "message for you sir" Classic!