mtmoves

Favorite Nipple

35 posts in this topic

On 1/30/2020 at 4:26 PM, Alex Majors said:

I am no woman but I prefer the ones with out piercings. 

Yes - What a mean thing to do to such a nice thing!  Same with the nether regions.

On 6/27/2020 at 2:00 AM, Vassago said:

Self depreciation. Like tattoos, it’s a sad prosthetic that compensates for a lack of identity. Unlike other prosthetic limbs, this one comes with a conscious decision. To have anyone else attempt to articulate your impressions, your dreams and brand them on you, beguiling their own intentions, sounds like slavery. For once, accept what is horrific. Accept that life has made scars on you, that it is completely unpredictable. Accept that is yours. Only yours. Maybe then the cripples can drop their crutches and fly like birds.

In efforts to find or discover the perfect Nipple we walk on this thin crust above this raging space of life and matter in all its vibrancy and fury, we know nothing of the qualities to live in a state of being only mesmerized by basic senses attributed to a past tactile touch, enhanced now an attentiveness to touch again the soft nipple and to calm the heart if only tangible for a moment in time and space.

Self depreciation. Like tattoos, it’s a sad prosthetic that compensates for a lack of identity. Unlike other prosthetic limbs, this one comes with a conscious decision. To have anyone else attempt to articulate your impressions, your dreams and brand them on you, beguiling their own intentions, sounds like slavery. For once, accept what is horrific. Accept that life has made scars on you, that it is completely unpredictable. Accept that is yours. Only yours. Maybe then the cripples can drop their crutches and fly like birds.

So the left nipple then right? ;)

Self depreciation. Like tattoos, it’s a sad prosthetic that compensates for a lack of identity.

Hmmmmm...I've always seen tattoos and piercings as a way of expression while you're trying to learn your identity.  A road map, if you will, to self discovery. Take me for example, I've been working on who I am my whole life. I've gone through phases where I've been so assured in who I am and nothing can shake my resolve, to being completely lost in my own beliefs that I couldn't tell you what way was up. At no point, however, did I ever 'lose' my identity, that's a fallacy in thinking, it's more of a transition in understanding what matters and what's important.

I have a few tattoos, 2 for people I love, 1 for when I joined the military, 1 I got with my mother. They all signify big points in my life, the military one signifies my transition into the freedoms of adult life, it also has hints at how much anger and frustration I had in how my life had been up until that point, the older I get the more I appreciate my choice in that particular one because of how much underlying meaning it really has. The one I got with my mother was special because it signified her acceptance of my life choices. I got one with some family members after the death of my brother, it was and is a very powerful bonding moment in our lives. And finally I have one for my daughter, who means everything to me. None of these depreciate my value as a person, you aren't a better person because you chose not to mark your body in some way. Tribal communities do it all the time as a symbol of status and achievements, it's cultural for them. Most of us do it as a form of self expression (and honestly an argument can be made for this being partially culture as well).

Unlike other prosthetic limbs, this one comes with a conscious decision. To have anyone else attempt to articulate your impressions, your dreams and brand them on you, beguiling their own intentions, sounds like slavery. 

That's why many of us spend a painstakingly long time trying to find a tattoo artist we trust to do the work that we will be happy with. 

For once, accept what is horrific. Accept that life has made scars on you, that it is completely unpredictable. Accept that is yours. Only yours. Maybe then the cripples can drop their crutches and fly like birds.

I agree with this 100%, but for some it takes a long time to find that point of peace in their lives. 

But as far as nipples are concerned: tattooed, pieced, in-y, out-y, long, short, left, right, whatever, love 'em all when they being rubbed in my face :D

Edited by frostyjack

23 hours ago, frostyjack said:

Hmmmmm...I've always seen tattoos and piercings as a way of expression while you're trying to learn your identity.  A road map, if you will, to self discovery. Take me for example, I've been working on who I am my whole life. I've gone through phases where I've been so assured in who I am and nothing can shake my resolve, to being completely lost in my own beliefs that I couldn't tell you what way was up. At no point, however, did I ever 'lose' my identity, that's a fallacy in thinking, it's more of a transition in understanding what matters and what's important.

I have a few tattoos, 2 for people I love, 1 for when I joined the military, 1 I got with my mother. They all signify big points in my life, the military one signifies my transition into the freedoms of adult life, it also has hints at how much anger and frustration I had in how my life had been up until that point, the older I get the more I appreciate my choice in that particular one because of how much underlying meaning it really has. The one I got with my mother was special because it signified her acceptance of my life choices. I got one with some family members after the death of my brother, it was and is a very powerful bonding moment in our lives. And finally I have one for my daughter, who means everything to me. None of these depreciate my value as a person, you aren't a better person because you chose not to mark your body in some way. Tribal communities do it all the time as a symbol of status and achievements, it's cultural for them. Most of us do it as a form of self expression (and honestly an argument can be made for this being partially culture as well).

That's why many of us spend a painstakingly long time trying to find a tattoo artist we trust to do the work that we will be happy with. 

I agree with this 100%, but for some it takes a long time to find that point of peace in their lives. 

But as far as nipples are concerned: tattooed, pieced, in-y, out-y, long, short, left, right, whatever, love 'em all when they being rubbed in my face :D

The idea is not original. It's based on an article by Kirby Farrell Ph.D. in Psychology Today. Of course as is everything else in life, the idea comes adorned with multifaceted positions. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/swim-in-denial/201310/if-tattoos-could-talk#:~:text=Today%2C tattoos have proliferated.,to be missing or inadequate.

http://www.tricitypsychology.com/tattoos-are-a-mark-of-low-self-esteem/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/5095591/Having-tattoos-like-David-Beckham-is-a-sign-of-low-self-esteem.html#:~:text=Covering your body in tattoos,a new study has found.&text=The body art%2C increasingly popular,of oneself%2C psychologists have found.

A wise woman once told me, "Everybody is at least a little neurotic. Only difference is what flavor of crazy."

BTW you may need a subscription to read the last article. I managed to scroll down slightly and print screen to read it before the "subscribe" button came up. It's basically just contextual and presents a different side to the original opinion.