The Picture Issue

35 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2018 at 9:10 PM, AmberLynn720 said:

My photos are not photoshopped. I use an app to blur them. I don't hide them

I appreciate your photos, AmberLynn

8 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

I appreciate your photos, AmberLynn

Well thanks love :wub:

I actually really enjoy taking my time with my set and style to get interesting photos. That's always been a hobby for me, even outside this hobby. Hopefully some people appreciate my art and don't think I'm trying to be deceitful. I've never hired a pro but I can definitely see why some providers do. Finding a decent photographer is a difficult task, because of the intimate environment. It can also be dangerous. Because I have a working knowledge of photography and light editing(subduing reflections, lighting, but no skin or body editing), I save myself money by taking them myself, but it is a lot of hard work. Honestly, though I do love making art, I get frustrated in every shoot I have ever taken. But when the product turns out really good, it's such a gratifying feeling! And of course adding in some selfies(unfiltered) and taking photos in different lighting and outfits will usually give a more accurate depiction of what we look like. That being said, I really need to set up a new shoot, I know. But it does take a lot of energy and I want them to be excellent!

I’m an imaging professional myself, but don’t promote my services here. I would probably be operating out of my comfort zone to do so, even though it’s what I do every day.  Having worked in upscale advertising and episodic TV production for years.   I’m pretty quick to spot fakes or pics that are auto-retouched by the portrait apps that are out there. Those pics with the girl holding up a card or paper that show “TOB” and/or their number are always suspect and often can be seen theyr’e done with an app or poor Photoshop skills.  

I prefer well-done, but unretouched photos or at least minimally retouched ones that really show who we’ll be booking with.  It really helps me book with someone if they show their face. OTOH I completely understand and respect why they would not want to show it.

Have only had one girl not match the pics when I’ve arrived.  I always told myself I would walk away if that happened, but in that case I didn’t. Perhaps the little brain was doing all the thinking, but we had already swapped a number of texts and chatted on the phone twice. She told me up front she looked different than in the pics as she had lost some weight.  In reality she was stunning and quite a bit more attractive than the girl in the pics and didn’t hesitate to admit the pics were not her, but she didn’t really give any reason.  I ended up seeing her a few times and she did post her real pics at one point too.  I always wondered about all her reviews that stated the pics were accurate.  I’m thinking most of the old bastards here let one-eyed willie do the looking for them.

9 hours ago, MojoMonkey said:

I’m thinking most of the old bastards here let one-eyed willie do the looking for them.

Hey!!! :mad: I resemble that remark! :lol: