airamericavet65

Cards and life

10 posts in this topic

You got to know when to hold them and when to fold them good advice for both do what's best for you

5 hours ago, airamericavet65 said:

You got to know when to hold them and when to fold them good advice for both do what's best for you

"Know when to walk away.  Know when to run."

This is a great song that has some good life lessons.  I wish I would have learned some of them earlier in life.  But, I guess, we learn them when we learn them.

For all you youngsters who are wondering, WTF are all the geezers talking about, here are some pearls of wisdom to carry with you:

Ooops, Zelda, didn't mean to imply you are a geezer, just wise beyond your tender young years. :rolleyes:

I am more of a Maverick fan. But I found myself last year at the MGM in Las Vegas humming this tune at a blackjack table.

3 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Ooops, Zelda, didn't mean to imply you are a geezer, just wise beyond your tender young years. :rolleyes:

LMAO and thanks as I was thinking a spanking of sorts was in order for the geezer response and appreciate the kind words. :P

5 minutes ago, Calisurfgirl said:

I am more of a Maverick fan. But I found myself last year at the MGM in Las Vegas humming this tune at a blackjack table.

Oh well, since we have hijacked this thread into the genre of cowboy heros, I might as well throw in the one true anti-hero, the main influence on my youth, the original BadBoy and my lifelong inspiration: John Paladin:

c2km7WV.jpg

r37sWzX.jpg

Loved all of those old westerns. There were lots of good life lessons comparatively to what is in today's shows.

Going with the OP. Something I learned very valuable while horse training was "keep an open mind because you will either learn alot of what to do or alot of what not to do but either way you will.learn" John Lyons.  That applies here very well.

Edited by new2hobbying
Spelling

On 7/29/2018 at 1:11 PM, BadBoy said:

Oh well, since we have hijacked this thread into the genre of cowboy heros, I might as well throw in the one true anti-hero, the main influence on my youth, the original BadBoy and my lifelong inspiration: John Paladin:

c2km7WV.jpg

r37sWzX.jpg

Never knew his first name was John thanks for the information was a great show