Emily Jordan

Online Reiki/Massage Therepy Certification

7 posts in this topic

Hi! 

Has anyone explored or taken an online class in Reiki, Massage Therepy or any other form of holistic/ natural medicine?  If so, what was your experience?  Feel free to PM me :) I'm looking for a good certification program for any of the above! 

Thanks! 

Might want to pm Kali, she is the expert in this area and a really great lady!

Drive by Reiki is NOT reiki. Sorry I wrote you an angry reply. However what I do I learned and  have seriously applied to my life.5 very intense years of serious study.  Learning Reiki on line cheapens the art! Personally I will never endorce an on line Reiki course. 

It was not my intention to downplay the validity or seriousness of this field of study.

Thanks

Emily

Having received reiki for neck trauma, I cannot image obtaining certification in the techniques online. it would be like learning to surf (with board on ocean waves) online. 

I practiced Reiki with a Sensei that taught Yoga/Tai Chi. He is retired now, but the private/personal lessons were much more effective than reading a book about it. Reiki has to be felt. I would find a Master, and have them teach you. Trigger Point Therapy is kind of the same thing in that it needs to be felt, but there is this course that is incredible that does a good job teaching through reading and guides. Here is the link:

http://www.myofascialtherapy.org/training/index.html

I have gone to many classes to specialize in alternative therapy, and if you check out the schools in Denver/Boulder. There is some good classes to take that will teach you what you want to learn.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard