MAG

Be American -- become a victim!

39 posts in this topic

All this talk about racism -- let's expand the scope.  Let's include age-ism, sexism...hell, anything-ism.

I am male.  Just because I am male, I have encountered prejudice.  Little dogs sometimes shy away from me.  School girls give me a wider berth on the sidewalk.  Some people seem to assume I'm a perv.  All because I'm male.  Does it bother me?  Sure, a little.  Maybe I should start my own movement.

I am middle aged.  Just because I am older, I have encountered prejudice.  People ask me if I'm a senior.  No, dammit!  I've been told my viewpoint is less valid because I'm from an "older generation".  Maybe I should start another movement.

My point:  you can wake up each day and be a victim, or you can choose to pick your ass up off the trodden ground and make things happen for yourself.  Prejudice is all around us, in nearly infinite forms.  We all experience it at some time or another.  And, we all sometimes see it where it doesn't exist.  But we each control how we react to it.  Fighting fire with fire will only make the flames hotter.

Being a victim is certainly easier than exercising individual initiative and responsibility.

Being a Sanctimonious A$$ as a member of the majority and not having empathy for anyone who's ever been oppressed because of their Race or Gender is certainly easier than trying to understand the circumstances of those who have experienced real Bigotry and/or Sexism.

28 minutes ago, MAG said:

All this talk about racism -- let's expand the scope.  Let's include age-ism, sexism...hell, anything-ism.

I am male.  Just because I am male, I have encountered prejudice.  Little dogs sometimes shy away from me.  School girls give me a wider berth on the sidewalk.  Some people seem to assume I'm a perv.  All because I'm male.  Does it bother me?  Sure, a little.  Maybe I should start my own movement.

I am middle aged.  Just because I am older, I have encountered prejudice.  People ask me if I'm a senior.  No, dammit!  I've been told my viewpoint is less valid because I'm from an "older generation".  Maybe I should start another movement.

My point:  you can wake up each day and be a victim, or you can choose to pick your ass up off the trodden ground and make things happen for yourself.  Prejudice is all around us, in nearly infinite forms.  We all experience it at some time or another.  And, we all sometimes see it where it doesn't exist.  But we each control how we react to it.  Fighting fire with fire will only make the flames hotter.

I'm sorry that you have experienced those things.  Truly.

And I agree that to an extent, it is up to individuals to overcome whatever barriers there are in front of them.  I also believe that it is up to society to work to remove these barriers, especially when they are institutional and affect major groups.  

What you've described (prejudice) is certainly a real thing, and I personally don't think any of us live without it at least to an extent.  Most of us work on not letting it be a part of who we are, or when it presents as a thought, not turning that thought into action.  

Prejudice is different than racism/sexism/etc - because of the power aspect.  

One thing I will say is that the more we can dialogue without name calling or making it personal, the better.  Thanks for doing that!

These threads are just not a good idea. Period.

Will someone tweet me @femalehobbyist when this becomes a sex board again?

#cunts&cocksunite

53 minutes ago, MAG said:

The "you don't see me complaining" component of your thesis seems to be blunted by the majority of this post.

The way some of you fine fellows are posting leads me to believe that you were all primed with righteous indignation for when Mr Trump lost; News Flash: he won; and just as a black man in the office for 8 years doesn't obviate the prejudice in this country, posting here about how well you've dealt with prejudice on a personal level(as a middle aged white man!) doesn't do a thing to reduce it either. :cool:

57 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

Being a Sanctimonious A$$ as a member of the majority and not having empathy for anyone who's ever been oppressed because of their Race or Gender is certainly easier than trying to understand the circumstances of those who have experienced real Bigotry and/or Sexism.

Mag is not Ass kisser. So of course you would post that. 

Edited by Nikki Holiday

Jeez people...can't we all listen to each other and respect each others opinions without all the name calling and hatred?

26 minutes ago, Laci French-2940 said:

These threads are just not a good idea. Period.

Will someone tweet me @femalehobbyist when this becomes a sex board again?

#cunts&cocksunite

+1  Cunts&CocksUnite is worth repeating

7 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Jeez people...can't we all listen to each other and respect each others opinions without all the name calling and hatred?

+1  Cunts&CocksUnite is worth repeating

Time to hit the gym!! I love ❤️ looking at good looking men. 

Edited by Nikki Holiday

16 minutes ago, Nikki Holiday said:

Mag is not Ass kisser. So of course you would post that. 

I didn't call MAG an ass kisser. 

1 hour ago, MrBigShot said:

Being a Sanctimonious A$$ as a member of the majority

23 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

I didn't call MAG an ass kisser. 

Enough said! 

Sanctimonious A$$ = Ass Kisser. Who Knew? Also, who knew it was directed at MAG and not a general statement in response to the thread?

9 minutes ago, Nikki Holiday said:

Enough said! 

I stand by my statement that I didn't call MAG an ass kisser

Edited by MrBigShot

24 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

I stand by my statement that I didn't call MAG an ass kisser

You called him ass. You know exactly what I meant. I'm point out that you just don't like like him because he's not Ass kisser like you. Perhaps that's a bit more clear for you. 

Cheers 🍻 

2 hours ago, MAG said:

This makes sense, regardless of any other posts from the OP.

15 minutes ago, Nikki Holiday said:

You called him ass. You know exactly what I meant. I'm point out that you just don't like like him because he's not Ass kisser like you. Perhaps that's a bit more clear for you. 

Cheers 🍻 

MAG and I get along great. I wasn't aware he needed you to defend him against generic pseudo insults that may or may not be directed at him but instead were in response to the topic of the thread in general...White Guys claiming to be victims.

If MAG felt insulted by my post, I'm sure he would let me know about it.

By all means, Thank you for weighing in.

Edited by MrBigShot

10 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

MAG and I get along great. I wasn't aware he needed you to defend him against generic pseudo insults that may or may not be directed at him but instead were in response to the topic of the thread in general...White Guys claiming to be victims.

The topic of this thread is not "White Guys claiming to be victims".  The gist of it is that everyone experiences prejudice, even if just a little bit.  And also, that some people see prejudice / racism / whatever in places where it doesn't exist.  Even Booker T. Washington recognized this.

2 hours ago, MrBigShot said:

Aman brother. Until you walk in another shoes do not presume to know the truth of their existence.

2 hours ago, Phil-anderer said:

I'm sorry that you have experienced those things.  Truly.

And I agree that to an extent, it is up to individuals to overcome whatever barriers there are in front of them.  I also believe that it is up to society to work to remove these barriers, especially when they are institutional and affect major groups.  

Well put.  TRUE racism is horrible, when it actually happens.  And I'm sure it DOES actually happen.  Just not nearly as often as the liberal media wants us to think.  And not nearly as often as the self-described victims of it would like to think.

What you've described (prejudice) is certainly a real thing, and I personally don't think any of us live without it at least to an extent.  Most of us work on not letting it be a part of who we are, or when it presents as a thought, not turning that thought into action.

Exactly.  There have been many stories of successful minorities who worked their way out of poverty to become leaders and business-people.  They didn't cry "poor me, my ancestors were slaves" -- they worked & succeeded.

Prejudice is different than racism/sexism/etc - because of the power aspect.

That may be true.  All are hurtful.  To any minority who has TRULY and PERSONALLY experienced racism, I say this:  I am ashamed of the people who treated you this way.  You deserve better.  To minorities who see "racism" everywhere they look, I say:  "Get the fuck over yourself"

One thing I will say is that the more we can dialogue without name calling or making it personal, the better.  Thanks for doing that!

Agreed

11 minutes ago, MAG said:

The topic of this thread is not "White Guys claiming to be victims".  The gist of it is that everyone experiences prejudice, even if just a little bit.  And also, that some people see prejudice / racism / whatever in places where it doesn't exist.  Even Booker T. Washington recognized this.

Yet still not insulted or feeling singled out by my initial response in this thread. All the while acknowledging that real Bigotry and Sexism does exist even tough your post was meant mostly as tongue in cheek as if middle aged white guys are actual victims of overt Racism and or Sexism or whatever "ism" else there is.

4 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

Yet still not insulted or feeling singled out by my initial response in this thread. All the while acknowledging that real Bigotry and Sexism does exist even tough your post was meant mostly as tongue in cheek as if middle aged white guys are actual victims of overt Racism and or Sexism or whatever "ism" else there is.

Yes, there was some tongue-in-cheek.  That was intentional.

By the way, middle aged and senior people often ARE victims of overt age-ism.  I've seen it and experienced it.  But I also know that for every door that is closed, there is another that stands wide open -- which I won't see unless I divert my attention away from the closed door.

43 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

Why do you feel it's necessary to call people names? How did you like being called ass kisser😛? 

5 minutes ago, Nikki Holiday said:

Why do you feel it's necessary to call people names? How did you like being called ass kisser😛? 

When it comes from you I consider the source and let it roll off my back.

10 minutes ago, Laci French-2940 said:

Mods, please shut this shit down. 

Who are you to tell the mods what threads should be shut down, and which should be allowed to continue?

If you don't like reading it, DON'T READ it.

8 minutes ago, MAG said:

Who are you to tell the mods what threads should be shut down, and which should be allowed to continue?

Mods will do what they feel is the right thing to do. It will not be a personal affront to you or your topic.Weighing all the factors involved as well as the tone of post election America right now.

I've enjoyed this topic and think we've had a spirited discussion.

Just now, MrBigShot said:

Mods will do what they feel is the right thing to do. It will not be a personal affront to you or your topic.Weighing all the factors involved as well as the tone of post election America right now.

I've enjoyed this topic and think we've had a spirited discussion.

I've enjoyed all of the posts about this topic.  Frankly, I'd be just fine if the mods shut them all down and enacted a moratorium on political topics, but it's their decision.

19 minutes ago, Laci French-2940 said:

Mods, please shut this shit down. 

4 minutes ago, MAG said:

I've enjoyed all of the posts about this topic.  Frankly, I'd be just fine if the mods shut them all down and enacted a moratorium on political topics, but it's their decision.

Perhaps they will, Sir!

1 minute ago, MAG said:

I'm just a simple ho that finds these threads to be TOO SOON for most here in Colorado. 

I actually totally agree with the wording of your thread. There are so many in our society that do not accept responsibility for their actions. That makes me sick! I do not know why individuals will not own what they do...good or bad. It seems to have turned into a blame game. "I did_BECAUSE......"

I am not a card carrying Democrat or Republican, I walk somewhere in the middle.

Mag, check your pm;)