SultryKitten

Soooo...this is why I don't text!

40 posts in this topic

On 5/24/2016 at 7:24 PM, Kaduk said:

The reason he never texted you back...

screenshot-www google com 2016-05-24 19-12-30.png

There are three sentences in that block quote, right?  (I counted with my thumb.)

On 5/23/2016 at 9:02 PM, Lucy Kitten said:

What's a timely response to a voice mail? Do you leave a window in which it's ok to call back? Preferring phone calls doesn't mean a lady sits on her phone and waits for it to ring. I miss lots of calls, life is busy. I am in the shower or on my bike or cleaning house or just doing stuff. I also don't answer calls from new peeps often, I like to test their seriousness and see if they leave a voice mail.

Some ladies are notoriously bad at answering the phone but there are many that don't answer right away for a reason.

It's no wonder that we have never been able to get together Lucy. If I call a new lady and get their voice mail I won't leave a message, I like to test their seriousness and see if they will call me back from just a missed call.

I don't text - my phone isn't really set up for it.  And besides, I like to hear someone's voice - it provides insight to someone's demeanor.  

On 5/29/2016 at 1:15 PM, Gregorysymph said:

It's no wonder that we have never been able to get together Lucy. If I call a new lady and get their voice mail I won't leave a message, I like to test their seriousness and see if they will call me back from just a missed call.

There is no need to test me.  I have a solid history of seriousness behind me. I will not call back a number that did not leave a message because why? I am not going to call someone back if they don't leave a name. You could be a bill collector or a prank caller. It's not my loss if you can't leave messages. Do you call back unknown numbers when they don't leave messages for you? I get at least half a dozen calls a day that don't leave messages, are you thinking that I would call of those back to find you?

Leaving messages if you want a call back is proper etiquette in all of life not just the business. There is also etiquette for contacting providers and it's clear you didn't check out my preferred methods of contact. Had you checked that out you would have known that your "test" was going to be a failure.  How you contact a provider is often the first step of screening. If a can't get a guy to follow my rules of contact how can I be sure that he will follow my other rules?

I don't beg for business and I don't call back random numbers to prove my seriousness and I certainly hope that other ladies don't do this either. It's kind of creepy.

On May 29, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Gregorysymph said:

... If I call a new lady and get their voice mail I won't leave a message, I like to test their seriousness and see if they will call me back from just a missed call.

I would say that most serious YL will fail your test. It's a matter of discrection, not lack of interest. When you leave a voice message, be sure to include when it is 'safe' to call you back. Without this, many won't return your call. They hate talking to your SO or catching you in the middle of a business meeting. They are also not likely to leave you a VM unless you explicitly tell them it's OK. 

I decided a long time ago that text was not for me. It's too bad nobody reads the ads to see that I hate texting!

5 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I don't beg for business and I don't call back random numbers to prove my seriousness and I certainly hope that other ladies don't do this either. It's kind of creepy.

Pretty sure Greg forgot the "i'm trying to be funny" font.

1 hour ago, Raoul said:

Either way it's not funny.  That kind of thing happens way too often for me to find humor in it.

4 hours ago, Raoul said:

Thank you Raoul, I was trying to be funny. It's doubtful I would post unless I was trying to find humor in something, ( one thing I will not joke about is how awesome some of the Ladies I have met in the short time I have been hobbying are. It doesn't matter if the connection is real or perceived, some ladies are excellent in making it real for that hour). I do apologize to Lucy, because I did call her once and I don't remember if I left a message or not. The reason I may not have left a message is because I have found that when I have called some providers and left a message I would not get a call back, and if I didn't leave a message they would call me right back. So maybe you can understand my confusion. I'm new and still learning, but thanks to a few terrific ladies my education is growing.

Ha! I had google voice screw me once going to meet a lady on a first meeting. It's because it runs on data and not cell service like phone texts. If you drop 4g or whatever more than likely you'll need wifi or wait. I ended up having to just call her from my real number. I've noticed the app is also worse on the iphone. Go figure. :) Does whats app not have the same issue of dropping data?  

I had an agency I used for years switch from phone call or text on me. It was almost too easy. 4 messages or less, 15 seconds of my time and a beautiful young perfect woman would show up every time. It was insane. Overall, I would prefer a combo of a first call followed with texting to location. Satisfies on all levels.