Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CandiO

Any Ladies Like to SkinnyDip?

13 posts in this topic

To me, lake John (the one in North Park) has always been known for it's good fishing.

Am I missing something, or is there another lake John?

Candi, from your photos, I would surmise that you like to fish also?

Signature

Lake John has been good fishing in the past. But I haven't been up  there for a couple of years.  Also in that vicinity  was a natural hot spring that I have had much fun at. However, the town of Walden has bulldozed them due to high school kids raising too much hell. Alot of hunters would use it, and it was not uncommon to have a variety of users around the spring.  One time there was even a couple from Wales who stumbled upon it. Very few people wore clothing in it. Anyone else familiar with Walden's hot spring?

Edited by Jez UaBriain

Anyone else familiar with Walden's hot spring?

No, but I would love to find it again. I am a huge fan of being naked outdoors, letting the wind lick you places that are always covered up. There is such an amazing abundance of wildlife up there. Fishing is out of this world. The elk are HUGE. And the stars are amazing!

Ya NP got some GREAT LAKES holding beautiful BIG trout. Dipping Lake John would be tough tho. Not very scenic, good restaurant biggest problem would be the natural bait in that lake...leeches. Make for good Walleye and Wiper bait but somewhat gross IMO. 

33 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

Ya NP got some GREAT LAKES holding beautiful BIG trout. Dipping Lake John would be tough tho. Not very scenic, good restaurant biggest problem would be the natural bait in that lake...leeches. Make for good Walleye and Wiper bait but somewhat gross IMO. 

I guess the old rhyme "Today's Bait is Tomorrow's Plate" doesn't apply here.....LOL

2 hours ago, CandiO said:

Anyone else familiar with Walden's hot spring?

No, but I would love to find it again. I am a huge fan of being naked outdoors, letting the wind lick you places that are always covered up. There is such an amazing abundance of wildlife up there. Fishing is out of this world. The elk are HUGE. And the stars are amazing!

i am familiar with the area and do fish lake john perodically.  so so lately.  as far as I know there are no hot springs in walden.  Kremmling has one but clothing not optional. There is a place in wyoming  (saratoga) that has hot springs which is not too much further.  they have a public pool  and also a nice hotel with springs.  You can rent a room and they have an open area but also some teepees with its own little hot spring that can be used for whatever., There is also a little known area called hobo hot springs as  all the hobos riding the trains would use it.  no one would care if you weren't clothed.  I used to do that quite often.  just don't go alone if you are a woman to the hobo springs..  I don't think there are many hobos riding the trains much anymore but other people wander there occasionally esp. local students and assorted people with some perversions  (do not include me in that list most of the time)

1 hour ago, coolhand luke said:

i am familiar with the area and do fish lake john perodically.  so so lately.  as far as I know there are no hot springs in walden.  Kremmling has one but clothing not optional. There is a place in wyoming  (saratoga) that has hot springs which is not too much further.  they have a public pool  and also a nice hotel with springs.  You can rent a room and they have an open area but also some teepees with its own little hot spring that can be used for whatever., There is also a little known area called hobo hot springs as  all the hobos riding the trains would use it.  no one would care if you weren't clothed.  I used to do that quite often.  just don't go alone if you are a woman to the hobo springs..  I don't think there are many hobos riding the trains much anymore but other people wander there occasionally esp. local students and assorted people with some perversions  (do not include me in that list most of the time)

THEN IT HAS BEEN INDEED A WELL KEPT SECRET. Back in the day when I was a wife we spent alot of time up there. The hot springs were on ranch land close to the logging road that leads up the mountain that towers over red canyon. The towns people have always thought it a nuisance. And as I stated they have bulldozed the whole place in several times that I am aware off.. And  being as it is a natural spring it always would erode away another pool. I haven't been up there in 5 or six years. But at one point in my life I spent a fair amount of time in the area.

I grew up on a farm and when I was young. Skinny dipping was never an issue.  |My sisters and I would ride our horses  out to this big  pond and swim them. We were "Lady Godiva" before we had even heard the term.  Going natural in the outdoors is absolutely  fun. Although if you are not comfortable in your skin, those of us that are will be sitting in the water watching you try to modestly get in the water. {Like we haven't seen tits or pecker before, LoL !)

Candio, I think we are going to have to plan a fishing trip in the near future.:D Besides  the lake mentioned there is agua fria , rainbow lake, and above that one is Lost Lake. You have to hike in to the last to. Agua Fria I took a dirt bike to it. Great fishing.

Edited by Jez UaBriain

You've got a date, Jez! Even more interested in the fish you have to hike in to catch. Just call me Sherpa ;-)

6 hours ago, Jez UaBriain said:

Lake John has been good fishing in the past. But I haven't been up  there for a couple of years.  Also in that vicinity  was a natural hot spring that I have had much fun at. However, the town of Walden has bulldozed them due to high school kids raising too much hell. Alot of hunters would use it, and it was not uncommon to have a variety of users around the spring.  One time there was even a couple from Wales who stumbled upon it. Very few people wore clothing in it. Anyone else familiar with Walden's hot spring?

I love Lake John.

On the ridge just to the North there are some teepee rings that are really cool to see.

You have to see them!

My favorite clothing optional hot springs that requires a mean 8 mile hike is Conundrum Hot Springs near Aspen.  This hike is not for the faint of heart.  I enjoy backpacking in and spending a few days there.  There is nothing like sitting under the stars with total strangers in the hot springs nekked as a jaybird.