Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frankenthaler91

411 Forum? Why

10 posts in this topic

What is the local board for if it's not for 411 requests?    Mixing LV 411's,  Washington 411's, CO 411's and the rest of the country all together is a bit strange. 

If I'm traveling to a different area,  I would read that area's board and see if any of the 411's have good info in them.  I'm not going to muddle through dozen of pages to see if I can locate info scattered among other locations. 

And,  if I live in Washington,  why would I continually look at 411 request that are for CO?    It's likely those request will go unnoticed by people that might have 1st hand experience.  

My $0.02

While I'm glad to see the 411 clutter moved from the main stream, I get what you're saying Frankenthaler and tend to agree.

Not sure what the answer is: Create a 411 board for each state? Move them back into the main state board?

Well if the search functions work well maybe just encourage guys or admin to make it policy that when you make a 411 request you tag it with the phone number and state and city so they can make it searchable. 

I agree with the OP. I don't think I have looked at any of the 411s since they moved. I think it makes more sense to have them in the State section. I don't really care about the ones from other states. I kind of liked looking at them when they were in the Colorado section. I didn't feel like it cluttered it up.

I agree with the OP. I don't think I have looked at any of the 411s since they moved. I think it makes more sense to have them in the State section. I don't really care about the ones from other states. I kind of liked looking at them when they were in the Colorado section. I didn't feel like it cluttered it up.

Agree wholeheartedly on all points. Those that are annoyed by 411's or consider them to be clutter, how about if you just don't open them.  Simple. Even simpler if you can screen out (similar to blocking certain posters) by term "411".

What is the local board for if it's not for 411 requests?    Mixing LV 411's,  Washington 411's, CO 411's and the rest of the country all together is a bit strange. 

If I'm traveling to a different area,  I would read that area's board and see if any of the 411's have good info in them.  I'm not going to muddle through dozen of pages to see if I can locate info scattered among other locations. 

And,  if I live in Washington,  why would I continually look at 411 request that are for CO?    It's likely those request will go unnoticed by people that might have 1st hand experience.  

My $0.02

Bottom line at this time:  there are no better researchers like the one's we have in Colorado.

A 411 board per additional states would hear crickets, I don't think there are researchers up to speed to help those state 411 boards out, they need to be coached up a bit with research tips & techniques by the Colorado members insights.  

I have noticed when I researching an unknown & nation wide findings come up, links to those Ads will be included in the 411 wherever they may be with additional phone numbers & cached links if possable.  

If that logic is put into effect then a national 411 would grow exponentially as anyone anywhere might see the posting & respond with additional information. (phone number, name, cached version of an Ad) this info will help in a vast database of information & hopefully more members understanding the research techniques in other states will get it going....

A good example would be the Kai 411  starts out as a Colorado request, then there is the statement that she may have returned to California. Now a California member might read this & if she resurfaced there in Cali he could respond with a pertinent update.

So as of now I am asking those that go out of their way researching, to help in any & all 411's that come through. I promise to continue doing my part with the research....

Thanks to all.....

Bottom line at this time:  there are no better researchers like the one's we have in Colorado. 

A 411 board per additional states would hear crickets, I don't think there are researchers up to speed to help those state 411 boards out, they need to be coached up a bit with research tips & techniques by the Colorado members insights.  

I have noticed when I researching an unknown & nation wide findings come up, links to those Ads will be included in the 411 wherever they may be with additional phone numbers & cached links if possable.  

If that logic is put into effect then a national 411 would grow exponentially as anyone anywhere might see the posting & respond with additional information. (phone number, name, cached version of an Ad) this info will help in a vast database of information & hopefully more members understanding the research techniques in other states will get it going....

A good example would be the Kai 411  starts out as a Colorado request, then there is the statement that she may have returned to California. Now a California member might read this & if she resurfaced there in Cali he could respond with a pertinent update.

So as of now I am asking those that go out of their way researching, to help in any & all 411's that come through. I promise to continue doing my part with the research....

Thanks to all.....

I humbly disagree with your idea on how a 411 threat would play out. 

If this board eventually takes off as a place to be across the county,  the 411 section will have 100's of posting each day.  Think about the number of BP ads across the country.   The likely hood of the Kai example playing out to someone from CA responding is very low.  

I believe the only time someone from CA would respond is if he was researching Kai based on a CA ad,  and his search results "hit" on this message board.  Which will only happen if people put searchable info in the thread.  Like the phone number.    Maybe then if he TOFTT, he would respond to the CO 411 on her.  

I humbly disagree with your idea on how a 411 threat would play out. 

If this board eventually takes off as a place to be across the country,  the 411 section will have 100's of posting each day.  Think about the number of BP ads across the country.   The likely hood of the Kai example playing out to someone from CA responding is very low.  

I believe the only time someone from CA would respond is if he was researching Kai based on a CA ad,  and his search results "hit" on this message board.  Which will only happen if people put searchable info in the thread.  Like the phone number.    Maybe then if he TOFTT, he would respond to the CO 411 on her.  

If a member researches the name or phone number hopefully the results will show....

When the board takes off we can reevaluate the prospect of 411 by states.

When the board takes off I still believe I'd rather have 100 researcher's posting their results for anyone in a 411 national site, then say 10 researcher's posting their results for Colorado only.

If a researcher comes up with valid info that extends to other states hopefully that gets posted &  passed along. If a 411 get validated from anywhere in the nation one could potentially wonder if they may visit a different state or if you go to that state you can have that info earmarked...

Edited by Kaduk

i freely admit that I seldom participate in 411 threads unless I have seen the ASP in question.  I'm not one who enjoys doing the research. When I post a 411 it tends to be a general request, more of an ISO. I was glad to have this class of thread moved out of the General & state forums, less clutter, easier to ignore. But the I realized that since I use the New Content button, I don't really have that benefit. I need to look at them anyway to clear the list. 

Then it occurred to me that having the 411s in one forum could have a huge advantage. Treat it like the old review forum with a form required for starting a thread, but not the moderation. Then build the thread title from the form giving a consistent set of search parameters. Yeah, I know that would be a lot of work & there are other features begging for resources.