Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmpphh

More Bogus Benjamins

16 posts in this topic

Visited a lady friend yesterday afternoon. She was understandably upset over the 3 counterfeit hundreds in an envelope left that morning. She gave me the name, phone number, and vehicle description used by this guy.

Definitely not trying to create drama here, so spare me, but if any of the providers here need to know, please PM me. Maybe this will prevent this from happening again.

Let the infractions begin.

Just a question: is she/you aware of the new hundreds that the treasury department just recently issued??

She tried to buy condoms at King Soopers with them, and was informed that they were fake. I guess there are more embarrassing moments, but I can't think of them at the moment.

Have been many a thread regards fake 100's. I did a quick search but couldn't find the exact one that I recall. From memory, the ASP should:

1. Take the $ to the bathroom, hold it up to the light and look for the thin vertical security strip on the left as Benjamin faces you. The strip should almost vertically bisect the upper and lower second 0 (zero) in 100.

2. Look for the watermark of Benjamin's face on the right hand side vertically and horizontally between the upper and lower 0 (zero) in 100.

3. Get a little blacklight flashlight (about $10 from amazon, walmart, etc) and shine it on security strip mentioned above, the strip should glow reddish-orange, if it glows red, blue or other color, in any other position, it is not a 100. It may be a 5, 10, 20, or 50, rinsed in bleach and reprinted to look like a 100.

Some internet references.

http://inutiles.wordpress.com/2007/07/24/fake-100-bills-and-how-to-spot-them/

http://www.realorrepro.com/article/Black-light-and-counterfeits

Heck, step #1 should be sufficient in that in decent lighting, can read the "USA" and denomination on the vertical strip And this good for all (but $1, $2?) bills.

why didn't she check the bills first? doesn't she know what real money feels like :confused:

why didn't she check the bills first? doesn't she know what real money feels like :confused:

I can tell you right now, until I read this, I never even considered the fact that someone might try to pay me with counterfeit money. Before reading this, I wouldn't have thought to give the bills more scrutiny. Now I know though, so thanks for that. :)

Knowing is half the battle!

Just a question: is she/you aware of the new hundreds that the treasury department just recently issued??

Hardly relevant. The "old" benjis are still legal tender, it's not like everyone switches over immediately.

It sucks that that happened to her, but this has happened to enough hookers over the years that they should all just know to check the money before rendering services.

hey Vamp, glad this board could actually prove to be informative as well as helpful once in a while right?

scientia potentia est (knowledge is power)

I can tell you right now, until I read this, I never even considered the fact that someone might try to pay me with counterfeit money. Before reading this, I wouldn't have thought to give the bills more scrutiny. Now I know though, so thanks for that. :)

Knowing is half the battle!

Here is some info I compiled a while back.

http://www.theotherboard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=260816#poststop

She needs to alert the authorities on this. She doesn't have to say how she came by them, but from whom she received them. If she doesn't say anything, she can be considered complicit.

That is awesome(the info, not what happened obviously). Thank you sooo much! I'm getting one of those pens and and a tiny UV light.

But now, since we're on the topic and this is an active thread, let me ask you this:

What do you do, providing you take the precautions to check the money in advance, when you find out you've been given counterfeit bills? [snip - FUD. PM other providers after your approval period]

Edited by Mace

Hardly relevant. The "old" benjis are still legal tender, it's not like everyone switches over immediately.

It sucks that that happened to her, but this has happened to enough hookers over the years that they should all just know to check the money before rendering services.

I just thought it was possible that she was looking at the brand new ones without knowing of the changes, and that she thought that they must be fake. But then the OP clarified that by the fact that she tried to use them.

So indeed what I wrote was relevant until further info was provided.

What do you do, providing you take the precautions to check the money in advance, when you find out you've been given counterfeit bills?

That is actually a very good question.

I have some ideas, but don't want to perpetuate a FUD thing so I would be happy to handle via PM. =)

That is awesome(the info, not what happened obviously). Thank you sooo much! I'm getting one of those pens and and a tiny UV light.

But now, since we're on the topic and this is an active thread, let me ask you this:

What do you do, providing you take the precautions to check the money in advance, when you find out you've been given counterfeit bills? [snip - FUD. PM other providers after your approval period]

If by "pens", you mean one of those highlighter type pens, take note that if a $5, $10, $20, or $50 is bleached and reprinted to look like a $100, the pen will mark it as being legitimate. As mrvegas63 says, hold up the bills to a light and look for the left hand vertical strip and the watermark; that can be done quickly and discreetly. Practice with a genuine 100. ;)

If by "pens", you mean one of those highlighter type pens, take note that if a $5, $10, $20, or $50 is bleached and reprinted to look like a $100, the pen will mark it as being legitimate. As mrvegas63 says, hold up the bills to a light and look for the left hand vertical strip and the watermark; that can be done quickly and discreetly. Practice with a genuine 100. ;)

Yep. And that type of pen also indicates the same on newsprint as on legitimate currency. =)