Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
savannahstone09

Summertime in Denver

12 posts in this topic

So every time I come to Denver it's usually in the winter time when it's cold and snowy so I don't spend much time outside... Well this time I'm finally here while the weather is warmer!!!!! So my question for all of you is what fun places are there to go to to hang out outside?!?! Are there some nice parks or trails you would recommend?!?! :confused::D

take a walk around the lake in City Park (Denver), and while you are there walk towards the Museum of Nature and Science Building and look West toward the mountains, one of the most beautiful spots in Denver

Thanks guys!!! Ill def have to check those places out!!! I'm so excited to actually get to do some exploring outside this trip!!! :)

red rocks is beautiful.
also the estes park.....
I go away for a few says and FatDog is actually trying to help with no sexual innuendos? :D Anyway, depending on your time frame and if you have access to a car, here are some great things to do in or near Denver. Mount Evans is beautiful this time of year and the drive up is nice. Take the light rail from DTC to Downtown and play Downtown.

also farmer's markets spring up all over the dam where this time of year - cherry creek is one that comes to mind but there are plenty of 'em.

I go away for a few says and FatDog is actually trying to help with no sexual innuendos? :D

well I was gonna recommend being chained up to a radiator in my basement... :)

Take the light rail from DTC to Downtown and play Downtown.

Great idea.

And Highland neighborhood (ie. dining & drinking, not so much clubbing) is stumbling distance from light rail. If in town Wednesday, and nothing planned work-wise: Elway's Cherry Creek free Wednesday concerts are fun.

Pick up a copy of "Westword" free newspaper to get a good listing of concerts, events, restaurants, clubs, etc. for the week.

any where in summit county really. Georgetown is nice to look for wildlife