Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jez UaBriain

New show in denmark.

15 posts in this topic

And I do not like it because, two guys sit in a chair. A lady walks out, takes all her clothing off, and the two guys critique her. :rolleyes:

Who/what is Denmark, and why should I care?

It's a country over by Norway. And something smells rotten over there. :rolleyes:

Why should *anyone* here care?

The show isn't available in the states, so it isn't even as if it appears while you're channel-surfing.

Weird thing to get indignant about....

this strikes me like any other twit at a strip club does on the daily

I just read an article about this on Jezebel. EXTREMELY problematic as far as the movement for women's body autonomy goes, and clearly a product of a society where women are evaluated by their looks alone.

The vindictive part of me would love to see the men up there, naked, seeing how it feels to be judged on their looks--but that would solve nothing and merely ignite what is an already pointless and insipid war between the genders.

Tl;dr this gives me a sad and it's hard to keep it from morphing into wrath.

It's a country over by Norway. And something smells rotten over there. :rolleyes:

Oh, look, someone went to college.:cool:

EXTREMELY problematic

The only thing problematic is the fact that I haven't gotten an invitation yet to be on the jury.:cool:

I just read an article about this on Jezebel. EXTREMELY problematic as far as the movement for women's body autonomy goes, and clearly a product of a society where women are evaluated by their looks alone.

The vindictive part of me would love to see the men up there, naked, seeing how it feels to be judged on their looks--but that would solve nothing and merely ignite what is an already pointless and insipid war between the genders.

Yet, these shows still sell -- big.

It seems futile to get one's knickers in a twist about a truth that has been with us since humans evolved: men are visual. We care about looks. A lot. But there isn't as much of a dichotomy as you seem to think. Women care a lot about looks, too.

This topic reminds me of a sequence of dialog in a movie:

Son: "My teacher says beauty is on the inside"

Dad: "That's just something ugly people say"

Complaining about being judged by looks is similar to complaining about money -- it's the people who don't have it that complain the loudest.

oh i wouldn't be too quick to jump to that conclusion, 2b. he might have just googlemapped it.

if he HAD gone to college, there probably would have been references to uncle Claudius banging Gertrude at Elsinore

I had no idea we were at war, who's winning?? :D

Whoops, I forgot to insert something in there that would have clarified that a bit more. I do NOT think there is a gender war. I think some people imagine there is, though. However, that being said, equality between the sexes (both politically AND socially) is still something we have yet to reach as a society. Plus it's not just a man/woman thing, gender comes in all sorts of flavors and transphobia is yet another issue holding people back.

Aaaaaanyway that's definitely part of a much bigger discussion that probably has no place on a hobbyist board. :P

I had no idea we were at war, who's winning?? :D

Don't know which side is winning or losing. Just know I'm a casualty.:D

I think this would be a great show to have with our very own Denver ladies. No more hiding behind Photoshop, and strategically spreading yourself on your bed to hide your flab.

We could call it: Denver's Next Top Hooker.:cool:

.......I do NOT think there is a gender war. I think some people imagine there is, though.........

Maybe not a gender war so much as a power struggle between clients and hobbyists. Go back and read some of the archived threads on this board. And why do "white knights" here feel the need to tilt at windmills? There's definitely SOMETHING going on.

From time to time, some of the comments from the ladies only boards have leaked and been passed around by the guys. There were more in a "confessions" thread a couple of years ago in the Colorado forum. They're not pretty. It's obvious that many of the ladies do in private to the guys what the guys are doing in public via this show.

Yet, these shows still sell -- big.

It seems futile to get one's knickers in a twist about a truth that has been with us since humans evolved: men are visual. We care about looks. A lot. But there isn't as much of a dichotomy as you seem to think. Women care a lot about looks, too.

This topic reminds me of a sequence of dialog in a movie:

Son: "My teacher says beauty is on the inside"

Dad: "That's just something ugly people say"

Complaining about being judged by looks is similar to complaining about money -- it's the people who don't have it that complain the loudest.

Yes, men care about looks. Yet, when I'm tossing a few down with my buds at the local bar and a YL walks in, we're more apt to comment on her positives (great boobs, legs, etc) than we are her negatives. (ewww...who did her hair?) I think your final statement is the most telling.....and we are most likely to criticize others for what we see as our own shortcomings.

I think this would be a great show to have with our very own Denver ladies. No more hiding behind Photoshop, and strategically spreading yourself on your bed to hide your flab.

We could call it: Denver's Next Top Hooker.:cool:

Which is why I don't understand your posts. From what I understand, you're the reincarnation of Denzel Washington. Yet, your posts seem to be filled with a lot of disrespect towards the ladies along the lines of what one would expect in one of these shows.