Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikey_likey

Emails people send to waste time.

9 posts in this topic

I work for a very casual company and it seems that at least once a day I will receive an email that might be consider inappropriate by other companies. For example, today I received this comic attached to an email from a co-worker.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ypp1wpfag60a0eb/z2glSGAEMj#f:538245_336141316455347_205049382897875_881022_1334127463_n.jpg

As email communication is large party of hobbying, I'm curious to know if there is a fair amount of silliness shared between clients and providers or is it strictly business.

z2glSGAEMj#f:538245_336141316455347_205049382897875_881022_1334127463_n.jpg

I think it all depends on the Client and the Provider and the boundaries they have established:)

Although i'm not much of an emailer, there are a couple of ladies that i pm with pretty regularly. Usually nothing to do with hobbying. It happens because they are people i would hang out with reguardless of a sexual relationship. One lady texts with me back and forth, she knows she is welcome to do that and i can do the same. We have things in common and enjoy comunicating. One lady and i share a similar taste in books and movies and have a ruuning joke about the movie dumb and dumber, so we pm each other about it quite a bit. Even though we may not see each other very often, i like these ladies as friends and i think they feel the same about me.

At least you didn't get a dick image, not a fan of those...into the trash we go.

Although i'm not much of an emailer, there are a couple of ladies that i pm with pretty regularly. Usually nothing to do with hobbying. It happens because they are people i would hang out with reguardless of a sexual relationship. One lady texts with me back and forth, she knows she is welcome to do that and i can do the same. We have things in common and enjoy comunicating. One lady and i share a similar taste in books and movies and have a ruuning joke about the movie dumb and dumber, so we pm each other about it quite a bit. Even though we may not see each other very often, i like these ladies as friends and i think they feel the same about me.

:D You're the coolest. I am a total geek its nice to share that with someone, client or otherwise :)

Companies of any size and complexity generally have some guidelines for email/internet. Many would be uncomfortable with your example occuring between colleagues, on company time, or with customers or suppliers. On the other hand, between two friends on their own time, with similar senses of propriety, your example is appropriate.

Why you started here to get to hooker communications I don't know.:confused:

I As email communication is large party of hobbying, I'm curious to know if there is a fair amount of silliness shared between clients and providers or is it strictly business.

I only use email to finish booking appts. I start with a P411 appt request, then emails (if needed to finish scheduling).

I do not trade emails otherwise. Why would I? I have friends, family, and an S/O to chat with (and I don't do that enough!) :)

I couldn't be that casual in my business but there are a few ladies that we email back and forth fun stuff and things that don't pertain to the hobby. It's nice but I always let them start the communications if it's not business related.

I recently had a drawing where I asked the winner to send me a picture of their winning ticket. I received several emails from people claiming to have won (interestingly enough none had even met me) and I was pretty blunt and quick with my "Why are you lying and wasting my time?" email I fired in response. So yes, I receive many emails that I consider a waste of time.

I do email my "work friends" though to say hello or if something makes me think of them I will drop them a line. There are a few I consider "friends" although they aren't conventional organic friendships in the traditional sense but they are people I enjoy having in my life. I ask one about his growing bromeliad, another I see how their softball season is going, and I have a super smart friend I discuss politics with. Now that I think about it, I've never asked if they mind...:D