Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why are there so many more posts on the Colorado Board?!?

25 posts in this topic

Does anyone in Las Vegas really use this board?? It would be great if they did. Seems like all the activity is mostly on the Colorado board :(

Change is always difficult. I like the lay out of LVFever but we all have to deal with the loss and accept that this is the new forum. I hope it picks up and gains the popularity that we had.

Change is always difficult. I like the lay out of LVFever but we all have to deal with the loss and accept that this is the new forum. I hope it picks up and gains the popularity that we had.

I do too. from what I have seen to this point I like the Las Vegas people.

I'm sure this place will get busy soon.:)

Seems like all the activity is mostly on the Colorado board :(

For me, it's purely "momentum." I log in and hit the "New Posts" link, which gives a list that includes anything new on any of the boards. Then personally I very seldom start a new thread, so I just reply to existing ones. The Colorado board is very active and has built up to that over time.

It is a not so subtle hint that you should consider relocating. :D

TOB - Nevada is very new, so don't give up hope!

There's the reason. It takes time for a new forum or board to take off. :)

LVfever was much better than this board. Why the change... who knows, but I don't think it was the best decisions made. Plus, I have found that the moderation is a bit extreme; which has led me to not posting as much as I would. Every post I make has to be approved before it goes live, which means it could take a while before it actually makes it.

Then I have had posts approved to find them removed (edited) later due to some rule violation that seems to be a bit out of proportion. Sort of like getting thrown in jail for a month for jay walking.

Anyway, the over censorship has made me feel like it is more trouble than it is worth. I would be surprised if this even makes it to the thread.

I agree with mnicholson! The LVfever board and reviews were a lot better/easier and so was the provider list which in alpabetical order, dated regarding their last review and the price for HH, FH and multiple. My motto is no price/no dice .... period.

I understand this is a new board for Vegas, but I do not see it being used as much as LVFever. Just my honest opinion.

LVfever was much better than this board. Why the change... who knows, but I don't think it was the best decisions made. Plus, I have found that the moderation is a bit extreme; which has led me to not posting as much as I would. Every post I make has to be approved before it goes live, which means it could take a while before it actually makes it.

Then I have had posts approved to find them removed (edited) later due to some rule violation that seems to be a bit out of proportion. Sort of like getting thrown in jail for a month for jay walking.

Anyway, the over censorship has made me feel like it is more trouble than it is worth. I would be surprised if this even makes it to the thread.

Only your first five posts need to be approved. after that they will post as

soon as you submit. this really helps with keeping spam and trolls off the forum.

Lets just all give it a try and see how the change goes.

I was new to lvfever so I can't say much, but I did like the ease of lvfever.

This seems a bit more complicated, but lets hope it all works out.

Lets try and do our best everyone. xoxo

With anything new it will take awhile to get more members here.Lvfever was a great site but I did not see that much participation there IMO when you compare other forums and sites for Vegas.I will agree that lvfever was very convenient for gents to check the reviews and the info is still there.

I think when more of the word gets out about the Vegas section you will see more participation.

Just my .02

I agree with mnicholson! The LVfever board and reviews were a lot better/easier and so was the provider list which in alpabetical order, dated regarding their last review and the price for HH, FH and multiple. My motto is no price/no dice .... period.

I understand this is a new board for Vegas, but I do not see it being used as much as LVFever. Just my honest opinion.

At the top of the review page, there is an "advance search" link. There you can narrow down your search. Blond, brunette, UTF, MSOG, price, HH/FH........

Lvfever was a great site but I did not see that much participation there IMO

Agreed. There were many days where there were zero posts.... and in fact more than 10 posts in a week was a busy week. The reviews were a bigger draw, but even then there were maybe 10 posted a week.

LVfever wasn't a terribly popular site, and when I had to decide which would be merged into which, TOB won out simply because the traffic is 100x what LVfever ever was.

I hope that TOB - Nevada grows into a vibrant local community, just as TOB - Colorado has, but if it doesn't I'll just chalk it up to "it wasn't meant to be".

Keeping LVfever AND TOB wasn't an option because of the amount of work involved in keeping two totally different sites going was overwhelming.

RIP LVfever. VIVA TOB!!!

I hope we get more Reno posters here as well.

Only your first five posts need to be approved.

• after that they will post as soon as you submit.
    • this really helps with keeping spam and trolls off the forum.

[*]
I learn something new every day....
:P

Why DID the LVFever board close down/get moved or whatever?

Why DID the LVFever board close down/get moved or whatever?

The answer to that question was right here in this thread.icon14.gif

Agreed. There were many days where there were zero posts.... and in fact more than 10 posts in a week was a busy week. The reviews were a bigger draw, but even then there were maybe 10 posted a week.

LVfever wasn't a terribly popular site, and when I had to decide which would be merged into which, TOB won out simply because the traffic is 100x what LVfever ever was.

I hope that TOB - Nevada grows into a vibrant local community, just as TOB - Colorado has, but if it doesn't I'll just chalk it up to "it wasn't meant to be".

Keeping LVfever AND TOB wasn't an option because of the amount of work involved in keeping two totally different sites going was overwhelming.

RIP LVfever. VIVA TOB!!!

We're already getting a little busier here day by day. Just be positive and keep participating.

I have been an LVFever lurker for a few years and have to say that I don't care for the changes, but that's typical of anyone, anytime there is a major change in anything. People will get used to it.

FYI: I've been hobbying for a few years and have always used LVFever and TER to help make my selections. I prefer LVFever to TER simply because their editing of reviews is so restrictive. I got tired of spending the money on a provider, writing the review and having it rejected for whatever reason...not enough details...exaggeration???...or whatever else didn't seem fit to print! In the interest of making this site more interesting to more people, I'll get off my rear and actually make a few posts and reviews.

Edited by Styles_Bitchly
Sounded too much like a TER rant.

...I prefer LVFever to TER simply because their editing of reviews is so restrictive. I got tired of spending the money on a provider, writing the review and having it rejected for whatever reason...not enough details...exaggeration???...or whatever else didn't seem fit to print! In the interest of making this site more interesting to more people, I'll get off my rear and actually make a few posts and reviews.
as with anything, you get out of it what you put into it. I did like some of the reviews LVFever had, but thought the smiley faces were silly. Let's face it, all we really want to know from reviews is:

~ Is she legit?

~ Did you have a good time?

~ Was her pics a fair representation of who answered the door?

~ Were the activities you checked off achieved

~ Would you recommend or see her again

Other than that, I can form my own opinion from reviews. I think the way TOB does reviews is nice. You don't have to get graphic like TER. Just like Joe Friday, all we need are 'just the facts' :)

Didn't TOB used to have similar smiley faces back in the day lol...the one with the tongue sticking out? People adjusted to that getting changed, pretty sure everyone will adjust to the new changes.

I think it's just human nature to be afraid of new things, but sometimes a little change is good ;)

...the smiley faces were silly.

Yes, the smiley faces were a little silly, but I thought they were a great visual when weeding through the reviews. If I just wanted to see good reviews I could quickly scan down the side, based on the smile, instead of needing to scan across to find the written equivalent that is now closer to the right side.

honestly, I wish they would implement something like that here or at least move the rating column over to the left. Another way they could make it easier to read the table list, would be reducing the table border and using an alternating light/drark background for the rows.

Just my opinion from the 14 years of web development experience under my belt. But of course, if they don't want to take the time to do that I can just grease monkey the site and do it myself on the local level. :D

But of course, if they don't want to take the time to do that I can just grease monkey the site and do it myself on the local level.

It's not that I don't want to take the time... it's that I don't want to spend the money.

My goal is to keep TOB free, as it has been for 10+ years, as was LVfever. Doing a major overhaul of the Review Database would be great, but that would also mean that review access would come at a cost.

If you want to build a kickass review database pro-bono, please feel free! If it's better than what we have here, we might even scrap the TOB Review Database and go with it. We can use ALL the help we can get around here.

Because honestly, the Reviews are nothing but a whole lot of work and headache right now for the Review Mods and a hefty yearly cost for me to host. We should all give thanks to Mace and Kaduk for volunteering their time to keep that database operating, because without them I'd toss the entire thing in the trash and let another site (Eccie? TER?) pick up the slack, and none of them are free. ;)

well... since I never use vBulletin for the forums I have helped develop I can't say what can be done. But I can tell you that in the future you might want to look into other BB solutions that don't cost money. PhpBB is one I have used for a while now. As far as column location, alternating the row colors or replacing an array of words with images, that should be a simple Java and/or PHP function. Again, since I have no working knowledge of vBulletin, I am only speaking from my experience with other BBs. Now, if you want to talk about hosting and possibly some pro-bono template file help, contact me and we can talk off line, especially since you and I are now in violation of the rule you popped me on a few weeks ago:

4. If you would like to pass a message to another individual, please use the private messaging or your own email. Conversations between individuals do not belong on the forums.

:P:D:rolleyes: